Weinstein Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allison P. Weinstein

Pros
  • That would be the people and the work environment (in 3 reviews)

• Good pay, beautiful communities, the company takes pride in their properties and isn't afraid to spend money to keep them beautiful (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • High Turnover (due to their lack of respect and poor training programs in place (in 8 reviews)

• I am not one to bat an eye at a little hard work, but holy smokes, there is always a lot to do (in 3 reviews)

1. "A good family owned company"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Cary, NC

I worked at Weinstein Properties part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The quality of the properties are really nice. Management is some of the best I've experienced in property management. High starting hourly wage.

Cons

I didn't experience any negatives with this company. The only reason I left was because I graduated with a degree in IT and changed careers.

Advice to Management

If I had to nitpick one thing, I would say to give more authority to the property when making decisions. Many times we had to go through Marketing to get things done that could have been handled at the property level.

Weinstein Properties Response

Apr 28, 2017 – Communications & Reputation Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star review. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with your management team (having great leadership is so important!) and that ... More

"Untrustworthy Senior Leadership- NO COMMISSIONS!!!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant/Manager In Training(THATS A JOKE) in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Weinstein Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has an exceptional business structure when it comes to policy and procedure. The training department is amazing, and I suggest anyone looking to get their feet wet in the property management industry this is a great place to learn the business. The on-site management staff is eager to watch their employees grow, if you fit "the mold" you will have potential to grow quickly, however that is only if you fit their mold (does not mean that your qualified for that growth) for growth. This company does believe in cross training( only so that they do not have to pay you for the tasks that you are completing), so when you do decide to leave you have a working knowledge of all aspects of property management. (which is truly a disservice to themselves as a company, employees gain the knowledge and jump ship every day!!!)

Cons

This company is not truthful throughout the hiring process, and do not disclose the lack of bonuses until after the offer is made. They also make false promises when it comes to growth and development of true talent. There is also a constant change in staffing in which has become known as the "Weinstein Shuffle", you will move from one property to another frequently. This company only looks out for the best interest of their company and brand, and could careless about their employees. They attempt to manage your finances if you decide to live on site by deducting the your rent out of every check. The rental discount is not enough for the requirements they issue for an on site employee/resident.

Advice to Management

To retain the best people in growing markets you need a different approach when it comes to employee relations. The number one reason people leave this company is because they feel like they will not able to achieve the American Dream while working here. Employees often feel underappreciated and undervalued while working here, hence the reason why the most effective employees leave continuously.

If you want to acquire and retain true talent, you must start paying your employees a COMPETITIVE SALARY, and include a commission/bonus structure that makes employees want to lease the product.

Weinstein Properties Response

May 22, 2017 – Communications & Reputation Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback of Weinstein Properties. It is great to hear that you liked our policy structure and that you had such a positive experience with our training department ... More

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Weinstein Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been a manager with Weinstein for quite some time now. I do appreciate their structure and continued training. Weinstein promotes from within so if you have a good head on your shoulders, are organized, hard working, and dependable you can have growth potential with our company.

Cons

None that I can think of.

5. "Love"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Weinstein Properties (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great, high morale company

Cons

I do not have any cons!

6. "Promotes from within, good company culture, supportive, family-owned"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Weinstein Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Weinstein Properties for nearly 6 years! I started as a leasing consultant and within 1.5 years I was promoted to a property manager. They are family-owned and very involved with their properties, teams, and residents. The entire company supports growth from within and they provide you with the necessary tools and guidance to succeed. You have to be willing to work hard but you are truly rewarded and recognized for a job well done. The company culture is centered around teamwork, recognizing achievement, and being supportive and fair to their employees. They are very generous with their pay plus they include quarterly bonuses based on team performance. I highly recommend Weinstein Properties to anyone looking to join a caring, supportive, and rewarding company!

Cons

None! Just bring good energy and work hard and you will be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide awesome workshops, support your employees, and promote from within!

7. "Overall ok company"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Richmond, VA

Pros

-Benefits
    -Work hours
    -Vacation time
    -Team

Cons

-long work weeks, 10 days straight
    -no training
    -A lot of administration work
    -Pest control was out of hand

8. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Weinstein does many things great but the two things that make them stand out would be we all work together towards goals which makes everyone a team and I feel this creates a better work environment. I also enjoy that we promote from within and hard work is noticed in this company. I have been with the company almost two years now and enjoyed every moment this is my career and I love what I do!

Work hard and you will be noticed!

Cons

No cons here work hard!

9. "Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Promotes From Within
    Training Provided
    positive Environment

Cons

Pay could be higher for Assistant Manager Positions
    Bonus's Could be Higher

10. "It's s great starter position, but no growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Hampton, VA

I worked at Weinstein Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company pays well for the position and are great about hiring people with no experience and giving them an opportunity. You get to work with great people everyday.

Cons

Stressful work environment. Promotions are a popularity contest...very political. Being the most seasoned and the best man for the job does not always merit an opportunity. Company requires staff to come out and shovel snow, and does not want to pay overtime for it.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your staff you have some very talented employees! Promote from within, as you claim in your mission statement

11. "Friendly, family like atmosphere"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Weinstein Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, advancement opportunities, supportive environment

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing !