Weis Markets Deli Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 8 reviews

2.6
Weis Markets CEO Jonathan Weis
Jonathan Weis
  1. "Definitely a great job to have"

Former Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Newport, PA

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours Good pay Good teamwork/man Management

Cons

Drama Don't get the hours you apply for Managers of certain areas aren't completely focused on .

Advice to Management

Double check everyone you hire they aren't what they seem.

Weis Markets2017-10-08
  2. "Short staffed Deli with Low Morale"

Former Employee - Deli Associate

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to Take Off Generally Easy Work Not Micromanaged

Cons

Not Enough Help Poor Morale Quitting Left & Right Sunday’s are for the strong hearted Management doesn’t close at all Too much Drama

Advice to Management

None of the deli managers at my store cared and it caused everyone to hate their jobs

Weis Markets2019-05-14
  3. "Deli department"

Former Employee - Deli Associate in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Like the customers and some people that worked there the work wasn’t hard

Cons

always feeling like you did something wrong

Advice to Management

Keeping doing a great job

Weis Markets2018-08-22

"Deli Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Ephrata, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets for less than a year

Pros

-High pay to start out with ($9.00/hour)

Cons

-I was left alone on my very first day, causing me to be yelled at by customers since I had no idea what I was doing -Within the second week of working, was scheduled to work alone for the last 2 hours of every night to close without ever being taught how to close -No breaks whatsoever

Advice to Management

The deli manager does not give a crap about any of his employees. Even attempting to request off is a joke. Will schedule others for 12-hour shifts and only schedule himself for a 2-hour shift.

Weis Markets2016-05-17
  5. "Deli Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Deli Associate in Norristown, PA

I worked at Weis Markets for more than a year

Pros

*Nice environment *Friendly Management *Good selection of food *Focus on quality *Training for different departments to lower turnover rate and quickly fill gaps when people quit

Cons

*Can be more organized *The instructional pictures can be upgraded in quality from the black and white photos that look like they were taken out of the printer and, while wet, viciously smeared. They have not taken the time to upgrade these, at least at my store, for decades.

Advice to Management

Department managers should ensure that the person training the new people has the ability and passionate willingness to train the new people.

Weis Markets2016-04-26

"Worst company ever"

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Thurmont, MD

I have been working at Weis Markets for more than a year

Pros

Some other the manager are friendly and willing to help but that is only 2 out of the 5.

Cons

Management doesn't care for there employees, there constantly yelling at the workers.I been there for 2 years havent recieve an avalution nor a pay raise. Constantly short hand, so always doing twice the work and you ask for the manager to help and all they do is sit in the office and eat. I wouldnt recommend anybody to work here. Hr wont help when you have a problem, he is always ignoring my calls. I can keep going on...

Advice to Management

Stop yelling at employees and lend a hand to help. Give needed pay raises. RESPECT EMPLOYEES!! Deli should only be open until 9 we never get customers after that so we are standing there bored for an hour. When you see something tbag isnt supposed to be done then say something stop letting workers get away with it. Im stuck here because i need the money for school and other things, but im so tired of working my rear off...

Weis Markets2016-05-06

"Was OK"

Former Employee - Deli Associate in Havre de Grace, MD

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

The majority of the people who I worked with were kind and easy going. It was not that hard of a job, all you had to do was show up,and work.

Cons

Like almost every other entry level,job im america the job didn't pay an actual liveable wage. It was barely over minimum wage. Just enough,to,where you could make a few hundred bucks a week after taxes.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers based on skill level. If you think someone is doing well, let them know, and don't beat around the bush about it so they won't expect a pay raise if they are complimented. But I'm sure the cheapnessbof the company keeps you from accumulating too much payroll.

Weis Markets2015-06-15

"Pretty standard grocery store job. Pay isn't great but the responsibilities aren't too bad either."

Former Employee - Deli Associate

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a pretty lax environment. Your enjoyment of it will probably depend on your coworkers. If they're miserable in your department, then you probably won't enjoy yourself very much. A lot of it depends on the store manager and assistant manager, too.

Cons

Obviously the pay is terrible but that's to be expected out of a place like Weis. Sometimes managers can be a bit rude, but you'll find that anywhere. Weis isn't the most successful supermarket chain out there. A lot of better ones with better products and management exist for sure.

Advice to Management

Actually make stores presentable and don't slack off on appearance/the other little things just because you're the only large supermarket in the area. That can change in the blink of an eye.

Weis Markets2014-11-07