Weis Markets Front End Monitor Reviews | Glassdoor

Weis Markets CEO Jonathan Weis
Jonathan Weis
  1. "Learned a lot"

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Room for promotions, Great working environment, Great co-workers

Cons

Pay is a little low, yearly raise is minimal, working holidays

Advice to Management

Managers are great

Weis Markets2015-05-05
    • "Good place to work"

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, paid vacation, health insurance offered to part time and full time employees.

Cons

Communication between managers and employees needs to be improved.

Weis Markets2019-01-30
    • "Good Starter Job for Students"

Former Employee - Front End Monitor

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast-paced work environment Some opportunities for advancement

Cons

Difficult to negotiate raises Few full-time opportunities Extra work without extra pay Irregular hours/work schedule (typical of all retail)

Advice to Management

Management does not do enough to retain good employees, either by offering raises or communicating appreciation verbally.

Weis Markets2018-04-22

"Front End Monitor"

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

At least where I worked, the management was very flexible with scheduling for me, they hand out "hi-five" cards for going above and beyond, starting wage is $9/hr, and helping others is highly encouraged and valued.

Cons

Management lets people do whatever they want and get away with it at the expense of others. For example, we have frequent call-offs and even no-call-no-shows because these people know that there is little to no punishment for such behavior. This causes monitors and others in charge to scramble and stretch unrealistically for additional help.

Advice to Management

Enforce store policy when it comes to both day-to-day protocol and consequences. It's unfair to good employees that they are essentially punished for being good workers when they're forced to pick up the slack of lazy, unmotivated individuals when it's unrealistic to do everyone's job at once. Hold everyone accountable for their own job!

Weis Markets2017-03-05
    • "Not Bad"

Current Employee - Front End Monitor in Elizabethtown, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets

Pros

There is a good relationship between most of the employees, job offers flexibility, management is understanding and honestly wants you to succeed

Cons

A lot of switching around of managers from store to store which does not look good to customers and stresses relationships between managers and employees

Advice to Management

If a manager is doing well in a store, keep them there. "Make the customer happy no matter what" is a good in theory, however it allows the customers to manipulate the employees to get their way

Weis Markets2017-01-06

"It's okay"

Current Employee - Front End Monitor in Eastern, KY

I have been working at Weis Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Weis market has good incentives for full timers and flexible scheduling. Are family owed and try to have values along those lines

Cons

One Associate must do the job of several people because they do not allow enough labor to schedule enough staff. Puts a lot of pressure on staff through surveys and points system.

Advice to Management

To corporate: budget a little more hours for staff and do management training so MOD knows how to talk to staff effectively.

Weis Markets2016-12-12
    • "cashier/ monitor"

Current Employee - Front End Monitor in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro for me is its an easy job. When u have a good team to work with things are good.

Cons

There are more con's then pros. The store I work at the management tends to get lazy, they put to much pressure on their employees. And instead of saying they are in the wrong they yell at the employees. They let certain people walk all over them and others get into trouble. The managers tend to not act like they care or show compassion for their employees. They don't care how customers talk to their employees and when...

Advice to Management

Care about your employees more and maybe you will be able to keep people working there

Weis Markets2016-11-28
    • "Good"

Current Employee - Front End Monitor in Pen Argyl, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers and the team work. We all work together very well. Always relatable. Good management. Never have to doubt things.

Cons

Not enough help most of the time and not enough hours to schedule help. Need to hire more competent people.

Weis Markets2016-10-08
    • "Good Place for New Workers"

Former Employee - Front End Monitor

I worked at Weis Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a great group, which made every day worthwhile. My managers were very flexible with my schedule, which was terrific since I was balancing a full-time class schedule as a student, and when I was searching for another job after I graduated.

Cons

Very low salary, with a grand total of one 15 cent raise during my two years, even as my responsibilities increased from gas attendant to cashier to front end monitor. Lots of corporate policies that are well-meaning, but tend to over-complicate things in practice. My store managers were mostly terrific, however corporate management had a culture of fear which trickled down to all of us. VERY high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and provide them with a livable wage, they are the ones who represent your company. A happy employee means happier customers.

Weis Markets2015-02-01