WeiserMazars Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
WeiserMazars Chairman and CEO Victor Wahba
Victor Wahba

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, great work-life balance, still has small-company feel (in 15 reviews)

• Nice working environment and great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Health Insurance: The medical insurance premiums are high (in 10 reviews)

• They say that they support a work/life balance but will retaliate if you take time off (in 4 reviews)

1. "Salary and Raises, and overall work environment"

Current Employee - Semi Senior Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Semi Senior Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at WeiserMazars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

so far i have an amazing time at this firm. Everyone seem to be nice and helpful although there are some favoritism here and there. Lots of firm initiative activities i.e. women of weiser, book club, toastmasters, athletic teams, weisermazars go green, volunteer day etc..

Hard work can easily recognized as WM is still a small firm compared to other giants.

Decent base salary at all the levels

Cons

There is no bonus for passing CPA. No year end bonus for associate level. I thought they did not consider any hard work when calculating raise. Hard worker only got just what the other random professional did. Unfair to hard workers. Although whoever raised question got better raise and got what they deserved. Cheers to that!!

Expensive insurance, not that great 401K matching and overall below average benefit package

Advice to Management

improve benefits and be more involved in treating hard workers with their dues

Jan 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks so much for your great feedback! We heard your concerns. For new employees as of the Fall of 2017, we are instituting bonuses for completion of the CPA certification. The amount varies... More

2. "It's OK"

I worked at WeiserMazars full-time

Pros

a lot of exposure to different types of tax issues
    compensation is decent
    great place to start career

Cons

medical is costly
    uneven distribution of work throughout groups
    favoritism among upper management and associates
    poor work/life balance
    "team environment"

"Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

I worked at WeiserMazars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are thoughtful and amazing. HR does a great job and places attention to detail. People are smart and outgoing and makes you feel at home.

Cons

People are great but can sometimes give you more work than you can bear. You have to continuously strive and make sure your work ethics are at top notch.

Advice to Management

Great work so far but try to adhere to more listening of the workers. Training can also be better. I feel like I started off not knowing some of the things that I would engage in.

"Audit Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WeiserMazars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance
    Lot of good people
    Good location in NYC

Cons

- Very expensive healthcare (basically expect to pay for just about everything out of pocket - unless you're hit by a bus to actually have your deductible kick in). If you have a family - you're screwed.
     - Not a modern office
     - No recreational area
     - Tiny kitchen
     - Complex long winded performance rating system
     - Lack of specific incentives to do good work. A general "maybe you could get a bonus" doesn't cut it.
     - Productivity is defined as number of hours billed instead of link to budget realization rate in some way.

Advice to Management

1) Improve healthcare benefit - this is a MUST. Additional plus could be gym reimbursement, snacks etc.
    2) Upgrade office furniture, bathrooms and kitchen. Restrooms looks 100 yrs old
    3) Create recreational area

Jan 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

We strive to be the best company we can be, but as with every growing organization, there are areas for improvement. Specifically we wanted to address your two comments about our Performance Rating... More

"WM Review"

Pros

WM has been a great place to work. The people are friendly, there is flexibility with schedules, and there are always different ways to get involved in the firm. The firm offers different opportunities to get involved such as sport teams, volunteer day, holiday parties, and different clubs. I appreciate all that WM has to offer and I am excited for my future here.

Cons

Health Insurance: The medical insurance premiums are high. Luckily, I am in good health, but if you have any type of medical issues you will be paying a decent amount out of pocket.

Jan 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We understand that healthcare is a top priority among our employees. We continually assess available programs to find and improve coverage for... More

"Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

CEO and many of the partners are a delight to work with and very knowledgeable and appreciative of support staff.

Cons

Terrible management, they will say and do anything to make themselves look better and throw their own support staff under the bus. This is not a professional place to work at all. Do yourself a favor and continue your employment search. Until they make some major changes internally it is not a good choice for an employer. They say that they support a work/life balance but will retaliate if you take time off.

Advice to Management

Look up the word integrity in the dictionary.

"former employee review"

Pros

good work culture, flexible hours

Cons

not a big 4 company so less capital

"Reasons to work at WeiserMazars"

Pros

1. The Firm ("WM") recognizes that you have a life outside of work. If you have home repairs, you are able to work from home for the day. If you have an event at your child's school, you can attend and then work extra in the evening or another day to make up the time or take vacation time. WM also has reduced schedule or part-time arrangements.

2. WM has a cooperative atmosphere - people help each other out with workloads and expertise within their specific office as well as between offices.

3. WM believes in charitable causes and sponsors a firm-wide charity volunteer day in June with several choices of locations for each office. At different times of the year, WM also collects donations of school supplies, new or gently used books, or food. WM also collects monetary donations for causes in exchange for a jeans dress down day for those employees who contributed.

4. WM has an initiative called WOW, The Women of WeiserMazars, which enhances the development and retention of women leaders within the Firm. WOW is a long term commitment by WM that focuses on success factors for women. Some of the WOW events have been presentations about success factors that apply to both men & women and panel discussions with women leaders as to what approach they've taken to be successful in public accounting.

5. WM allows jeans every Friday through the summer and there also jeans days around deadlines. The employees really enjoy having some dress down days when they are in the office and not at client locations or meetings.

6. WM encourages the professional development of employees by sponsoring a voluntary firm wide book club. The book selections are consistent between offices and the participants meet for an hour during lunch periodically through the year to discuss the books. The professional books have included topics such as time management, creative thinking or successful companies, and the books are provided by WM for the employee to keep and build up a library. It's nice to exchange ideas about the relevant parts of the books and to get to know your co-workers in a different setting.

Cons

The days during busy season can be long, but that's the nature of public accounting.

Dec 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of the firm! I think you pretty much summed up what makes us a great place to work! The initiatives you talked about -- days of service... More

"Philadelphia Office Review"

Pros

Big company with global reach but a small feel. Lovely professional office. Jobs are diverse and allow employees to become knowledgeable and experienced on a wide variety of areas. Plenty of partner contact and access to upper management. Ability to work with clients directly early on.

Lots of flexibility with scheduling. Management trusts employees to act independently and get their work done.

Great culture. Firm plans a number of fun events throughout the year to lighten up the long hours. Leadership encourages employees' areas of interest and tries to involve them in work they enjoy. Strong emphasis placed on obtaining the CPA and a great tuition reimbursement program for advanced education.

Awesome HR and marketing teams that go above and beyond. Super support staff.

Cons

401k match is disappointing.

Oct 6, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this review. We pride ourselves on exactly what you say -- being a large company with global reach, but maintaining our small company "feel". Our HR... More

10. "Audit Senior"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY

I have been working at WeiserMazars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International exposure on engagement when working with the international group, possibility to get involved within the firm in all kinds of activities (HR support, training, committees, etc).

Cons

Lack of integration events for all the staff/seniors from all department to get to know each other

Nov 2, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. As you mentioned WeiserMazars has many firm-wide events throughout the year ranging from sports teams, volunteer days, book clubs, toastmaster,
    as well as the annual... More