KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Weitz & Luxenberg

Is this your company?

Weitz & Luxenberg

Add a Review

Weitz & Luxenberg Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

Found 14 of over 189 reviews

2.8
Weitz & Luxenberg President Perry Weitz (no image)
Perry Weitz
Pros
  • "In the past couple of months W&L has taught me so much(in 12 reviews)

• "There are colleagues and certain upper management that are difficult to work with but doesn't every work environment have certain employees like this(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's much cheaper to just rehire temps than actually invest in legal assistants and paralegals(in 13 reviews)

• "not a lot of direction, normal bad qualities of a personal injury firm, high turnover, low starting pay(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

2m

an

Associate Attorney

It seems partners are much more flexible with associates who have kids than with those who don’t. If it’s okay for my colleague with a kid to leave at 5 pm and log on later, why isn’t that the same for me (no kids)? My obligations might be different, but I still have a life and want to be able to do certain things, like catch that evening workout class or cook dinner for my partner. As you can probably tell, my firm is operating 100% in person. There is no point here — I’m just whining.

3,207

397 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Meaningful Mission

Oct 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work W&L does has a huge impact for our clients. The employees of the firm work extremely hard every day for the clients & their families. I have seen some positive changes in the work environment that show the firm wants to move in a progressive direction.

Cons

Need more appreciation events, need more acknowledgement of the time/effort employees put into their work, My team is very dedicated to the firm, I have witnessed some of my co-workers cancel planned vacations when tight unexpected deadlines come up without hesitation. Pleases and thank you's go a long way.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Legal Assistant

May 27, 2019 - Legal Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, each attorney I worked with dedicated time to explain the legal implications of each task I was assigned.

Cons

No PTO at first, but the firm would accommodate as long as you gave warning

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

First job out of college

Apr 5, 2019 - Legal Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hiring process was very quick

Cons

Bad work environment, not much direction from lawyers and people at the top there did not support the growth of younger people. Definitely a place to gain office experience from and then move on.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I've been with firm for over 10 years.

Oct 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

the firm has given me opportunities to grow as an employee and a person. Like many other companies, Weitz & Luxenberg has had its fair shares of ups and downs. There were days I thought this firm was a hell hole, while on the other hand there were days it was a great place to be with In this company you will have to go through the bad before the you can begin to experience the good. Respect from upper management doesn't come easy you will have to work for it and this will be shown only by your work! Employees that think great things will be handed off to them, the only thing that is given to you is work and more work. There are colleagues and certain upper management that are difficult to work with but doesn't every work environment have certain employees like this. Most of the time they don't last and people come and go. I've been at Weitz & Luxenberg for over 10 years, I am happy to be at Weitz & Luxenberg great experience, great people and good pay.

Cons

Health insurance is expensive, employee turnover. The company should more employee to employee interaction.

5. 3.0

Great Opportunities if YOU Apply Yourself

Sep 30, 2016 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you show initiative for self-improvement, upper management is likely to invest in your professional development. The work environment is good and the employment body is friendly.

Cons

Organizational structure is a bit lax and decisions are made without a legitimate process in place. Much of the software/hardware is outdated. Age plays a slight factor in pay and work opportunities. Younger individuals may be not receive work opportunities as easily as older individuals and pay may be less for younger individuals whose counterparts are older and perform the same functions.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great firm with an awesome culture!

Nov 11, 2015 - Business Analyst/Accountant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weitz & Luxenberg is a great place to work. The firm provides great salary, benefits, and an overall excellent work environment. Also the firm keeps up with modern technology as it utilizes top of the line software to perform everyday tasks. I really like working here because of the following reasons: A) excited about the many opportunities that lie ahead B) the ability to work with bright industry leaders who have a great work ethic C) working with management that really wants to help me succeed. I highly W&L as a place to work.

Cons

I can honestly say my con list is minimal.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great transition into the working world

Oct 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dependent on the floor and your colleagues, it is a wonderful working environment for those in support departments. I have been encouraged during training and given ample opportunity to take on new responsibility. My hard work has been acknowledged within the first few months and my opinion is valued, I'm not just pushing paper like many do in a first role out of college.

Cons

Lack of communication between higher level employees and support roles, but it seems to be gradually improving

8. 4.0
      Former Intern

Legal Intern

Oct 15, 2015 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best parts of working at W&L was the exposure to the courtroom. As a legal intern I was able to go into chambers and help prepare for trials which was pretty cool.

Cons

The work environment wasn't that great. People tended to just sit at their desks with headphones in.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great work environment

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was working here for two separate assignments. I had no complaints for both work assignments. This is a great working environment and so was my management. HR was very nice to me as well as all other departments I dealt with.

Cons

Wish the assignment was longer.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They don't value their employees!

Feb 19, 2014 - Paralegal in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

hands on work directly with clients, thorough teaching of the litigation process, ability to work on trials with senior attorneys, independent system wherein you personally manage your own work load and schedule

Cons

horrible communication between departments, virtually no meetings with senior departments heads to make sure work is on track, cliques between groups of attorneys/paralegals making it an undesirable work environment (on that note... lots of affairs too making it a highly uncomfortable environment to work in), some attorneys had feuds with one another making it difficult for a paralegal to work between departments under these attorneys, horrible compensation for the amount of work and hours put in, no incentive to work hard or perform well, high turnover rate (clearly a sign that employees are unhappy), attorneys rarely had to come into the office making communication and deadlines difficult, monotonous work, raises based on amount of time working there (not quality of work, which means lower incentives for employees to perform well!)

2 people found this review helpful