WellCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Career Opportunities"

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WellCare has offered so many free courses to help me advance in my career with the best tools and education possible.

Cons

Can't think of much. The amenities are incredible, the people are friendly and helpful, there are lots of opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate your associates and teams. Feeling like you are working toward something together is much more exciting than feeling like you are working for a paycheck.

2. "Provider Relations Representative"

Current Employee - Provider Relations Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Provider Relations Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far I have had a Great experience, everyone from top down have bent over backwards to assist me in my training both online and one on one.

Cons

I honestly have not run across any downside to working for WellCare

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees with kindness and respect and you will keep good talent for years to come.

3. "Pharmacy Tech"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in. I have been here for 5 years and honestly cannot complain. As long as you do your job you will succeed throughout Wellcare.

Cons

No part time positions available.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging those that deserve credit, it really does make a difference.

"Senior Marketing Communications Planner"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Communications in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Communications in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WellCare is a rapidly growing company with ample opportunity to grow with it. There are great benefits as well with 30 days PTO a year, a flexible WFH policy and wonderful on site amenities.

Cons

In order to grow as rapidly as WellCare is, you need an infrastructure to support that. WellCare does not create that infrastructure before taking on the additional business therefore making employees overworked and under supported.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive and less reactive. Addressing issues head on instead of pretending that they aren't there is our biggest Achilles heel.

5. "This company is awesome! They refer to employees as associates and I just love working for them!"

Current Employee - Compliance in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Compliance in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have awesome benefits and a lot of associate friendly things to keep associates engaged!

Cons

Not a lot of cons. Lacks bonuses for lower level employees (only for higher level employees) which seems unfair and could be a HUGE con when you work so hard to make the company a profit! Also, there should be some sort of employee based stock program! These 2 things are lacking and if the company inherits this then there will be ZERO cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It was mentioned that they will continue to develop their leaders and only put people in leadership that are not only good at their jobs, but also good with working with people! This is HUGE because a lot of places put people in leadership roles just because they are good at their jobs, but have no leadership skills what’s so ever, therefore, the morale lacks and it pushes people away! Keep on the right path WellCare! The leaders I have met so far are TRUE LEADERS!

6. "Progressive and Entrepreneurial"

I have been working at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Strong player in the market for government healthcare programs that continues to grow at an astounding pace

* Is genuinely focused on better serving members and providers through innovation

* the company is large enough to have the scale and resources required to have real impact on the healthcare industry, yet still functions with much of the agility and nimbleness of a start-up

Cons

Must work 30 days before benefits are effective

7. "Emergency Department Coordinator"

I have been working at WellCare full-time

Pros

I like having health benefits and the flexibility to make up time taken to go to scheduled appointments. I also like the opportunities for overtime if you want it but it's not demanded of you. Each department is different and unique in it's own way when it comes to decorating for holidays, birthdays, or "just 'cause". Coworkers turn into friends. Wellcare is a fun place to work. I like being able to dress in jeans if I want to. I also like the holiday games like Bowling for Turkey (with a frozen turkey), Halloween Costume Contest, Best Decorations. These activities make you WANT to be at work and do the work. It helps when you have leadership you can talk to, too. I enjoy my job. I get to speak with hospital staff and outpatient providers whether they are behavioral health or physical health, and to refer them to case workers if needed to help our members receive the best care possible. I like this place. We are here because we care for our members. I'm here because everyone cares about everyone here.

Cons

The downside that I see first, is we are growing so fast that we are becoming like drones in a hive. We become faces without names for a while. Some of us who were specialties have been felt to be demoted because our specialty was abolished by integration. Upper management used to know each person who worked at this location because they would get out onto each floor and personally great each new person. Now we're lucky if they remember our faces and we're able to see their faces.

Advice to Management

Come see the workers who grease the wheels. Understand that a lot of use went to school for our profession even it the degree isn't a master's level. Health care integration isn't about everyone doing the same care, it's about sharing the information to add to the care.

"New Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing Program Development Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Program Development Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly associates/managers/recruiters, Nature trail on campus, discount on meals, swiftness and ease of hiring process, headquarters in Tampa, growing company, benefits, generous PTO 18 days a year + two personal holidays.

Cons

Noisy when other associates are on phone due to low cubicle walls. Office furniture outdated. Don't get first paycheck for 3 weeks after start date. No sick days & no PTO first 90 days.

Advice to Management

I was informed that I would not be able to use PTO for 90 days during interview process but was not informed of delay in first paycheck. Let people know of delay in 1st paycheck during recruiting process, which will be 3 weeks from start date in my case.

9. "Good company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wellcare provides ample opportunities for advancement from within.

Cons

Do not offer alternative schedules such as 4-10 hour shifts or 3-12 hour shifts

10. "Top Employer"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay
    Flexible
    Consumer Focused
    Company is well positioned for growth

Cons

systems need to be updated
    not enough automation