WellStar Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Candice Saunders

1. "Administration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Adhere to best practice standards, Leadership training, has been a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work

Cons

Healthcare is a tough business to be in, compensation can be considered low on certain levels

Advice to Management

Keep adhering to quality standards and best practices across all departments

2. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunities for higher education and job security with current position

Cons

It is hard to be promoted within or get a position after you have earned your degree after furthering your education. Insurance is very expensive.

Advice to Management

Give growing employees a chance and work together not against.

3. "Okay Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at WellStar Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of challenging surgeries to scrub.

Cons

Management seemed a little disconnected from the grunts on the floor. Not enough professional development opportunities

Advice to Management

Be more conducive to professional development.

5. "Great company. Contracted by an outside entity for medical services; this location had a toxic vibe."

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee benefits are decent; I like the shift differentials which made working night shift more attractive. The culture of the company is positive and steadily improving.

Cons

At my particular work location there was a persistent staffing shortage that had the staff overworked and on edge. The leadership seemed to take it to heart and their frustration was visible and it exacerbated ongoing issues.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and use your position to encourage your staff in tough times. Don't assume they know you appreciate the work they do, say it and show it! Compassion goes a long way in even the toughest of circumstances.

6. "Professional Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Professional Development Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Professional Development Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for career advancement/growth. Supportive managers.

Cons

Lean staffing for the required work output.

7. "Fun place to work."

Current Employee - Instrument Tech in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Instrument Tech in Austell, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are work with are fun and team player. I like the hospital overall, I even have my baby there.

Cons

I wish the pay was better, other than that I don't really have a problem with it. I don't have much bad things to say

Advice to Management

Na

WellStar Health System Response

Mar 20, 2017

Hi, my name is Alex, I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition Team. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your commitment to WellStar!

8. "Cook"

Current Employee - Overnight Cook in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Overnight Cook in Austell, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. Health insurance, life insurance,dental, and other benefits are very affordable.

Cons

Very high turn overs. Poor structure and boundaries amongst the employees and mangers. The call out/ tardy policy is ridiculous. If you are not admitted to a hospital, Calling out and leaving early will counted against you with a doctors note. If you are in a position to serve employees and patients, expect the worst from your fellow coworkers. I have regularly experienced nasty attitudes, rude comments, and complaints from my coworkers. They will make the most ridiculous requests and expect you to do it. If you do not oblige, expect an email to go to your manager. The managers usually will not your side. Even if the request is something you have no control or authority to satisfy their request. They will do their best to underpay you. Before I was rehired, I have applied for a position at a higher rate and was denied it but was hired on for a different position at a lower rate and I still end up doing the position I originally applied for a few days out of the week and was not properly compensatedas stated in their policies.From my experience , If you are injured on the job and return with limitations, the managers do not abide by your limitations. Even if you bring it to their attention multiple times, they just brush you off.

Advice to Management

Improve employee and management relationship. I have experience and seen managers/ supervisors talk down, insult, and treat employees poorly.

9. "Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Griffin, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Griffin, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Non-profit company with longevity. Good perks and retirement plan.

Cons

Low pay. Long commute from where I live. Rural hospital in Griffin needs to be replaced with a new modern hospital. The hospital is old, small, limited in space and bathrooms, crowded hallways, semi-private patient rooms, tiny staff office with no staff refrigerator, limited computers for documentation, dirty, racial and cultural insensitivity among staff, 30 minutes drive if you have to go Jackson facility, hourly pay rather than salary, lean staff, old and outdated equipment. This hospital is not competitive with the other and much nicer surroundings hospitals in the area. I am desperately seeking transfer to a closer facility.

Advice to Management

Please consider building a new hospital in Griffin because the current facility is old, very small, can spend up 15 minutes waiting or looking for a bathroom because there are so few, semi-private rooms, narrow hallways in which you have look both ways and yield to avoid being run over by large moving objects (e.g., trash bins, beds, cleaning equipment, carts, etcs), and staff commuting up to 30-45 minutes between Griffin and Jackson to the 2 facilities. Poor patient satisfaction at this hospital. Patients / families complain and state that they only came to this hospital because the other surrounds hospitals did not have beds available. Apparently this hospital was neglected by the previous company so hopefully WellStar can improve it.

10. "Not What It Seems!"

Former Employee - Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at WellStar Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for all employees.

Cons

Corrupt, bureaucratic atmosphere. Rigid and very resistant to change. No loyalty from management.

Advice to Management

Get new leadership in place.

11. "Mammo tech"

Current Employee - Mammography Technologist in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Mammography Technologist in Marietta, GA

I have been working at WellStar Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, pension plus retirement 403b

Cons

Combined PTO that includes having to use your PTO for federal holidays