Wells Fargo Bank Teller Reviews | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 356 reviews)

• "No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"" (in 1253 reviews)

"It’s wonderful I really like the atmosphere."

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Homestead, FL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Homestead, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, experience, coworkers, benefits, growth

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

2. "Great job, not so great management style"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment and people were great. The job details were very reasonable and I was always made to feel a valued member of the team by both managers and customers.

Cons

My immediate manager seemed to be unable to effectively manage her team and resulted in having a lot of long term employees leaving under her tenure.

Advice to Management

Remember your staff has lives outside of work and that we need time to take care of ourselves.

3. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work and Family life balance, decent pay, and great chances for advancement

Cons

Using PTO for sick days

Advice to Management

Offer more full time positions

4. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every single person you come across will bring something positive to the table.

Cons

Management takes lunch at the sametime.

Advice to Management

Don't take lunch together

"Top-down"

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, good benefits.

Cons

Always boring and sometimes tedious. It is like working at a Starbucks but less fun than working at Starbucks appears to be.

6. "Working at Wells Fargo is my dream job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The reason i liked working at Wells Fargo was the experience I had the short time I worked there was amazing

Cons

The challenge of Working at Wells Fargo is that they do a lot of counting and making sure everything set up right and count right so you don’t loose money

7. "Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO, Great coworkers,

Cons

less bonus, less growth opportunity

"Micromanaging and quick to throw the book at you."

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co workers. Although somewhat off balanced energy in the sense that I think the micromanaging of employees will take a toll on anyone’s sanity and sense of self if you take it for so long!

Cons

The micromanaging truly made me lose who I thought I was in the process. All the amazing life experiences I have had with customer service at other jobs, I was unable to bring them to the table and let ME SHINE. You have to “shine” according to script and it becomes robotic as heck! It made it so difficult to connect with customers on a human to human experience because the constant shadowing and micromanaging of the manager behind your back making sure you followed step A B C of their outlines script. Yes. Script. The steps of SHINE represent smile, handshake, introduce yourself, and so on. I can’t even remember now but you’ll be required to remember on the job which made it extremely mind clouding to juggle a robotic script while being a human at the same time. I think a lot of my customers could sense the insincerity in the way we threw pitches at them and it would create a strain of energy within myself and how other employees interacted with one another. I understand that a bank needs procedure, safety guidelines, protocol, but scripts??? If someone can make it through 2-3 intense interviews, I would think that the new employee’s ethics and character would be permissible to allow for individual growth.... but NO. Might as well hire anyone off the street with no customer service background, character or integrity because well, the script will get them in line with our vision! Prior to even working with WF, my family (who left banking with WF) would be frustrated with the phony over zealous “here to help” robotic mentality they portray. It’s a smoke screen. Let your customers shine in their special ways and in their God given gifts and if you see anything that is unethical then realign the mentality of the employee. Don’t clip the birds wings before you see how far they spread! Unfortunately WF hires these amazing people on board with the company to just surprise them with scripts and breathing down their backs, it is insulting as well as ridiculing. I am a very adaptable person but this place requires you to be used to maladaptive tendencies. Listen to your employees.

Advice to Management

Relax!!!

9. "Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wells Fargo is a great place to get experience working with customers and learning to provide great customer service. Wells Fargo is great with getting cash handling experience, great job for being a student because it is part time and only work days, no nights or Sundays. (depending on branch)

Cons

It takes way too long to advance within the company. Shady sales tactics by some bankers in order to hit their quotas. Products that will give customers fees instead of helping them grow their wealth.

Advice to Management

Help any current employees find the career path that best suites their goals.

10. "Professional Employees"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in West Sedona, AZ
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in West Sedona, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treated with respect, Employees always went above & beyond for customers.

Cons

Bank Tellers should NEVER have to sell products for the bank. Banking/ Money is private. People do not want products pimped to them when conducting money transactions.

Advice to Management

STOP making your bank tellers sell products. Promotions/maintaining employment should not be made solely on sales.