Wells Fargo Reviews in Birmingham, AL | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance was a poor aspect of the job" (in 367 reviews)

• "Can be hard to reach sales goals" (in 1265 reviews)

1. "great start"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

start out pay is 13.50 wonderful training, You get full benefits full and part time, Paid time off from day one on the job.

Cons

part time hours only 20. always feel pressured to talk to the customer to sit with a banker even if it is just to introduce them.

2. "great for first time bank employers."

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great place to work only with good management.

Cons

sometimes certain branches can have favortism

Advice to Management

please, have more one on one interviews often with your co-workers.

"An overall decent place to work but call centers are not for me!"

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, especially dental
    18 days PTO
    Holiday pay
    Quarterly incentives
    Multiple pay increases, although very small
    Achievements are noticed and rewarded

Cons

The constant abuse from customers and the repetitive job itself is what drove me away from this place. Many people are able to tolerate it, but I simply can’t. I did not feel like I was growing working there. I did not feel that I was gaining any valuable experience other than customer service experience. At the end of the day, I always felt like nothing but a “customer service representative”. Constantly being belittled, cursed at, and abused by customers while trying to maintain your composure will eventually take its toll on you emotionally. It’s just not worth it. I began to dread going to work.

There isn’t a lot of support from supervisors, team leads, and CSR 3s. Before they introduced the Skype feature, I remember having my flag up for more than 5 minutes waiting for help only to be ignored, and had to then fend for myself. The Skype feature is a great add-on, but it’s always backed up that at times I’ve waited 10 minutes for help, which resulted in the customer hanging up because they were on hold too long. There needs to be more support!

The call center I was located at in Birmingham is unprofessional. Coworkers gossiping about other coworkers; coworkers showing up to work dressed inappropriately; and the lack of diversity.

They’ve gotten rid of sales practices but there are still metrics that we have to meet and at times they are just simply unattainable. Too much pressure placed on handle time and Southern 7. If I get a 5/5 on a call, who cares if I did the Southern 7. That customer was satisfied!

Worked at Wells Fargo for almost 2 years and never got a weekend off, except when using my PTO; at least one weekend a month is acceptable.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We, too, keep Wells Fargo in business.

Focus more on quality vs quantity. Everything doesn’t have to be a metric or goal that needs to met. One of Wells Fargo missions is to put more focus into the customer but they are not entirely doing that, which is one of the reasons this bank continues to fail.

"Online Customer Service Representative 2"

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week, time and a half for Holidays when you work your shift

Cons

They want you to take care of the customer in 6 minutes and 42 seconds. Managers focus on AHT ( Aur Handle Time) being under 409. However, CEO, Tim Sloan wants the customer to be the prouority and to be taken care of with the 1st call being the resolution.

Advice to Management

Do not terminate employees for accidently getting disconnected from a caller 2 times in 6 months. The OCSR2 take 35 to 50 calls a day. I had 90’s to 100’s for QA scores! I had 4.3’s to 5.0’s for CEM scores. My attendance was the 2nd highest in Birmingham, Alabama in Kristen Cole team outcof 100 people. I showed up to work when there was snow and ice in Birmingham, Alabama in January 16, 2018. Only 50 people out of 300 showed up to work that day. We had to get on other people’s computers to be together in a group. I got locked out of someone else’s computer. I had to change my password. Floor support moved things around on my computer while assisting me. When I went to get connected to a caller; the call was accidently connected. All OCSR’s had to sign a paper in the Summer of 2017 for call avoidance. This was considered our warning. The 1st dropped call was September 2017. This was considered a final warning. ( You focus 1 accident out of 35 to 50 calls a day).The 2nd accident was January 16, 2018. Bythectime, HUman Resources reviewed it and got back with Birmingham, Alabama; it was February 22, 2018. I was let go of on my lunch break. I was told on a job interview July 13, 2018 this year: “ Everyone in the banking industry knows about Wells Fargo. Even after the lawsuit; people come to me every day wanting a job”. Another gentlemen who is a head hunter and helps people find jobs told me on an interview: “ Wells Fargo’s work environment is toxic! I talk to people every week who want out of there@.

"Wells protects the larger locations"

Former Employee - LSS4/SMA in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - LSS4/SMA in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, pay, PTO, flexibility in scheduling when mandatory OT is in effect

Cons

Management is not encouraging & they will not fight for their employees. Wells will protect their larger locations like Charlotte & will layoff the smaller more productive locations like Birmingham just to save face in the larger town.

Advice to Management

Speak up for your employees more, do their reviews in a timely manner, listen to employees when they know how to properly resolve an issue. Stop making 10+hrs a week of mandatory ot when your teams are already the highest producing in the entire market.

6. "Working at Wells"

Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots of PTO and all federal holidays off.

Cons

No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"

"Bittersweet Opportunity"

Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, pay is more than average, overall great company ,always show employees appreciation by giving gifts

Cons

Call center is difficult to tolerate for most because of the scoring, Q A scores, adherence scores, Aht scoring makes job stressful and a hag to deal with

Advice to Management

Do away with scoring , focus on QA and customer needs, longer breaks ,

8. "Constant Change and Questionable Ethics"

Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, very relaxed environment, dress code allows tattoos and piercings, no drug test

Cons

Constant fear of lay offs due to reckless overstaffing, any promises regarding procedures remaining the same or promotions are empty, ethically, the company is horrific, they have learned NOTHING from the 2016 scandal and have merely removed sales goals from their call centers. Mark my words, the next scandal will be over their secured credit cards: branch associates promise customers they will be upgraded to unsecured within 6 months, in truth this is based on credit and MAY NEVER HAPPEN. Customers are shocked when they find out.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises, don't overhire 172 people and then get surprised by labor costs, and for gods sake have some ethical accountability before a whistleblower does it for you.

9. "Loan Servicing Specialist 2 (LSS 2)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed workplace environment; decent pay; no micromanaging; open to new ideas presented by employees

Cons

Don't get pulled into the normal (but unnecessary) workplace drama and you'll be fine

10. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Pb1 in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Pb1 in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Hours, laid back environment

Cons

No serious money, bonus is not good

Advice to Management

Pay raises to employees or a better incentive structure

Showing 68 of 20,588 reviews