Wells Fargo Reviews in Bloomington, MN | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "WF Home Mortgage Review"

Former Employee - Loan Administration Manager II in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Loan Administration Manager II in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, managers that lead by example and a lot that genuinely cared to see their team members advance.

Cons

For the mortgage team members annually there often was layoffs and sometimes whole teams might be let go. It became difficult as a manager to manage through such difficult transitions and often there was little to no notice - just meetings to schedule and bad news to deliver.

2. "Qm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome place to work for . Great benefitss great people

Cons

Review of better health ins every year.

Advice to Management

Cant think of any right now

"All depends on your manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Associate II in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Implementation Associate II in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wells has wonderful inclusive policies- as a company they support the LGBT, veteran, and minority communities. They have many opportunities for professional development. With my current manager I have great flexibility and work/life balance, with ones in the past not so much.

Cons

Insurance options could be better, no cost of living raises,

Advice to Management

Listen and be compassionate, stick to your boundaries and rules, dont play favorites.

4. "Client Service Consultanta 2"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company and they care about the community

Cons

Under paid for what we contribute to the company and clients.

5. "Pressure sale to people who do not need or understand the product, micromanagement beyond belief."

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never have to work in the rain. Some of the people are great to work with. That's about it final word.

Cons

Inept management that requires you to come to their office for a " review" with EVERY customer to tell you what product to stuff down their throat...even if they are long time customers.

Advice to Management

Let the bankers do their job and offer a "great customer experience"... Don't use us to justify your position, ..pay the bankers a livable wage and fire the dead weight management...

6. "Home Loan Processor"

Current Intern - Home Loan Processor in Bloomington, MN
    Current Intern - Home Loan Processor in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, free food (sometimes).

Cons

Very little training; "sink or swim" culture; you do not learn transferable skills other than standard customer service, which anyone with a high school diploma can learn; the vast majority of your performance ratings are based off a survey that customers take. The survey is incredibly vague, and the process involved in closing a home loan is very, very complex. By the time you finish closing (if it closes, which about 25% of the time they will either cancel or be denied for one reason or another - in which case you get to call someone and explain why their loan was denied), somewhere between 5-15 people have worked on this loan with you. Any one of them could have dragged their feet or made a mistake, but when it comes time to take responsibility, everything will be your fault. They have a slogan that is actually posted in people's cubes that reads "Its not my fault, but it is my problem". They basically know that they hire so many employees that many of them are bound to be unreliable, and things always fall through the cracks. If you are the responsible type and do not dump work on other people, you will constantly be working against other people's mistakes. Your loan might take 90+ days to close for reasons completely out of your control, and when it finally closes and your "borrower" hates you, the process, and everything about Wells Fargo, they get a short survey with three vague questions asking how they feel about the process. If you do not get 100% satisfaction on the survey, then you have failed it, and the score is recorded and put into a spreadsheet where you are compared to all other processors. When the layoff's come (and they will come every 2-5 years or so), if you are not above a certain mark in that spreadsheet, start researching the unemployment process and prepare your resume. I was laid off after 2.5 years and did not apply for my job when it came available. I felt like I'd been freed, but I felt horrible for the people who had been working there for 10+ years and trying to make it a career, feed their kids, etc. The work is not satisfying, and you will not be thanked. After whatever amount of time you spend there is over, you will have absolutely no skills, and interviews with other companies are very uncomfortable, because with each interview for a new job, you realize what a waste of time your job at Wells Fargo was. If you want to sit in a cube, make a somewhat satisfactory paycheck and mean absolutely nothing to anyone, by all means, apply for a job there. You'll probably be hired, and your life will stand still until you are either laid off, or you wake up and find a new path with your life (which will never happen because you will be buried in work during your 45-50 hours per week, and so exhausted/stressed out on the weekends that you will not even think about preparing a resume for a new job). Lastly, everyone who works there gains weight. Everyone. Some (a lot) more than others.

Advice to Management

Realize when the process is out dated, unrealistic, and flat out not working, and have courage to tell that to your superiors instead of demanding more out of your employees who already have plenty of stress on their plates and will crack if you continue to add more. Also, invest in a processing system from this century.

"Loan Administration Manager 2 & Team Lead"

Former Employee - LAM2/Team Lead in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - LAM2/Team Lead in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work. Great leadership

Cons

stressful, high burn-out, large work loads

Advice to Management

i would have stayed had management listened to what I wanted to do with my career and not just stuck me where they felt they needed me at that moment.

8. "Great environment, great leadership and team members."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for growth

Cons

No real complaints here that I can think of.

9. "Contract Position"

Former Contractor - Loan Servicing Specialist III in Bloomington, MN
    Former Contractor - Loan Servicing Specialist III in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is very laid back and enjoyable. I was able to do my work independently and also work with my coworkers. Company culture is great. Pot lucks, snacks and recognition were awesome.

Cons

Being in a contract position was challenging, not getting the wonderful perks of being an actual employee. My job was very repetitive as well.

10. "Great overall company to work for"

Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great coaching, managers that WANT to see you succeed.
    Pay is respectable once you get promoted 3 - 4 times.
    Excellent Training - top notch!

Cons

Wells Fargo always seems to hire the wrong people that are not cut out for the job. High Employee turnover.
    A lot of drama and political issues you must overcome to grow within the company.
    Average age over entry level positions ranges between 19-25. Immaturity follows suit.
    Very big on micro-managing.

Advice to Management

Cut back and the requirement for micro-managing. Keep up the good work on training and focusing on the importance of it.

Showing 17 of 17,783 reviews