Wells Fargo Business Intelligence Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Cons

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and great benefits. Culture is great and full of team players. Wells Fargo encourages your personal development and growth, which I really liked. They also encouraged you to seek new opportunities within the company as you developed so could be where you would add the most value to the company

Cons

20% of the people do 80% of the work but the annual compensation doesn't reflect this. Slow to address performance issues up and down the chain of command.

Advice to Management

Learn how to identify and address issues with management skill sets. Sub-par management can have an adverse negative affects on a functional area. Listen to people when they raise concerns about their managers. It's easy to put it off until later and even ignore it altogether, but you'll be happier in the long run if you take the hard steps to address concerns. I always took the time to address my people's concerns and I even had to manage someone through the performance improvement process which ended in my having to let that person go. It was a hard, painful and long process, but my team was much healthier in the end and still a strong presence after I took a new opportunity.