Wells Fargo Business Phone Banker Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Phone Banker"

Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to work with a great enviornment

Cons

lack of management throughout the building

"Wells Fargo Business Phone Banker"

Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with a great team of people!

Cons

Wells Fargo has too much focus on sales instead of actually helping the customer.
    Wells Fargo does not treat their employee's very well.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep people working with your company you need to respect all of your employees.
    Don't focus so much on sales. Focus more on how well you are able to help the customer.

"Together we'll go nowhere.."

Current Employee - Business Phone Banker PB2 in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Phone Banker PB2 in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, benefits, and over time if you need it.

Cons

Pay, no work life balance, health deterioration so you'll need those benefits, and poor management.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know how to manage 100 different types of personalities. Your bonus opportunity is a joke. The NBBC is full of unprofessional people. Customer service is not sales. Why have a sales department if you're going to have everyone do it?

4. "Business phone banker"

Current Employee - Business Phone Banker in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Business Phone Banker in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to put WF on resume

Cons

Low pay. Extremely micro-managed. Have to log off and on just to goto the bathroom, you will get in trouble if you're away too long. Long repetitive days. Angry customers. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing.

"Started off good, and then I don't know what the hell happened..."

Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was good prior to the Wachovia merger. Before then they used to value their employees. There was real opportunities to bonus, win company sponsored trips, gift cards, gas cards, over time, etc. Prior to 2008 were the good ol' days when coming to work was a joy.

Cons

After the merger all the perks disappeared. They laid off hundreds of people, and then after they realized they went overboard they started hiring the displaced employees back, but for less pay than they were getting prior to being laid off. It went from them valuing their workforce to them telling us that we ought to be grateful to have a job. Yes, they really said that! It went from a customer service position and selling when appropriate to a scripted sales position with a little service thrown in. They don't care how good your QA's are or how well you're good at your job. If you're not selling, selling, selling then you're out. And no matter how good you're doing, it's never good enough, even if you're numbers are at or above target. Forget about moving up. That's only possible if you're an a** kisser. I've seen and I've experienced people with less experience getting promotions and people that are more than qualified for a position with numbers to back them up being looked over. I've had supervisors that didn't know a thing about the position they were supervising. It's a shame when the subordinates are coaching their superior.

Advice to Management

Go back to valuing your employees, that way you can keep the talent you have rather than having the call center be a big revolving door. Put the focus back on service rather than sales. Sometimes people just want their balance and that's it. Stop hiring supervisors and managers that don't know what it's like to be a banker. You guys set unrealistic goals for a job that you yourselves have personally never held. I could go on and on...