Wells Fargo Reviews in Chandler, AZ | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes difficult work life balance" (in 376 reviews)

• "Can be hard to reach sales goals" (in 1273 reviews)

1. "administrator manager"

Current Employee - Administrator Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrator Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cares about employees and customers

Cons

getting fines from cfpb and occ

2. "Cares About Their People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement, very social environment

Cons

Current focus too much on tactical issues, lack vision that travels from the top of the organization to the bottom

3. "Systems Analyst - Contractor"

Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

campus, Onsite Gym, Nice Cafeteria, location

Cons

For my project I am a contractor and it has not been a good experience. The culture is REALLY poor and the onboarding process consist of reading some slides. No company overview, team introductions, organizational overview. Been there two months and never once have I even had a one on one with my manager who is in another state.

I get the project is full of contractors, but they go out of their way to make sure you don’t feel like you are part of the company. For example, if you are a contractor there are no assigned cubes (even though there are more than enough empty cubes.). You have to reserve a “flex cube” every day, so you’re rarely in the same spot. Even better there are more contractors than there are these “flex cubes”. So instead of being able to settle in to a place of your own, put up pictures, hang reference materials on your wall while your learning, use a whiteboard, you pack up all your stuff at the end of the day and unpack it the next morning. (Seriously Wells Fargo, who thought this was a good idea????)

Nobody talks to each other, it feels like your working in a library, you just dread going to work every day.

Management provides no direction or even really interacts with you. Just a bunch of project tracks doing their own thing.

Don’t even think about questioning a process or bringing a best practice. You are just a contractor, what do you know?

But worst of all, VERY few people are invested in their work. As someone who prides one self on going above and beyond. it’s really painful to be the only one that cares and I can’t even get a cube of my own.

Advice to Management

If you want great outcomes, it may be time to stop promoting people cause they have put in their time and start looking for qualified management that actually understand technology, wants to deliver great outcomes and grow their talent.

4. "Great Company to work"

Current Employee - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

developers have all the tools, and new technology

Cons

sometime there are too many meeting

Advice to Management

less meeting

5. "5 years later..."

Current Employee - Home Preservation Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Home Preservation Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work that helps people save their homes from foreclosure and most teams are really focused on that goal.

Cons

Pay is a bit lower than you would expect from such a crucial business unit especially since they took away bonus and didn't raise wages to compensate.

6. "Financial Crimes Specialist II"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

Focused heavily on production and quality

7. "Contract Technical Business Applications Analyst Consultant"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chandler, AZ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Autonomy, Work from home, Local campus when wanted or needed to work in office.

Cons

Absolutely zero clear directive from Manager, Director or anyone on the team as to role boundaries or responsibilities. When provided work assignments and workbooks, again no clear goal, instructruction or communication. When I asked questions on calls or via email; I was treated as a someone whose qualifacations should be questioned. (I have been in CC Analyicts since its inception. I am a pioneer consultant in this field) So I would do the work I have done simililar work for years. I was told I was off target. When I was what the target was, I was told exactly what I had just performed.

Advice to Management

Get a Manager who is going to rein in or at the very least not be allowed to lead any employee or contractor. Why have a Manager if all they do acquiece to a PM? Too much viewpoints, not enough information or experience. Not once did they ask if I ran into similiar issues in the past.
    On boarding!! I had none. I was given a laptop, my email already had calls on the calendar and training scheduled which filled 60% of my time. I also had to do my compliance training; The time ratio only got worse.
    COMMUNICATION
    LEADERSHIP (from the right person)

8. "Masters of mental manipulation"

Former Contractor - Loan Servicing Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Contractor - Loan Servicing Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Covered parking, cafeteria on site, Free electric charging. Monday-Friday 8-5

Cons

Call Center position. Strong emphasis on getting top scores on call script. Resources were difficult to use and answers hard to find.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about the position when interviewing potential employees.

9. "Just Read the News, Truth"

Current Contractor - PC/LAN Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Current Contractor - PC/LAN Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They pay some positions very well.

Cons

You are a number, that is all. Completely expandable and frequently used as scapegoats for the failures of the top brass.

Advice to Management

You are an American company! Please, stop sending our data and employment to third world countries. Especially those who are notoriously known for tech scamming (and just about every other known scam in the world). Also, contractors should be used sparingly and as needed for individual projects, not as a primary workforce.

They are feverishly working on deep learning machines and AI in an attempt to minimize Full-time Employee (that's you!) costs. In addition, most of the positions that pay well are being moved over to India at Wells Fargo's Enterprise Global Services department. Upon very little digging you will find that they are paying supposed "engineers" a fraction of what they pay here in the states. In some cases 1/10th! You cannot find qualified and secured IT networking or security work for this price! Quite scary.

10. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits, Pretty flexible, Great people

Cons

Pushed sales over service and ethics

Advice to Management

Spend more time understanding each employee and there strengths and weaknesses. Don't try and mold them in to what you think is the best employee.

Showing 104 of 20,965 reviews