Wells Fargo Reviews in Chandler, AZ | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes difficult work life balance" (in 381 reviews)

• "with out the sales goals can get complacent" (in 1281 reviews)

1. "administrator manager"

Current Employee - Administrator Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrator Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cares about employees and customers

Cons

getting fines from cfpb and occ

2. "Fire drills daily"

Former Contractor - Business Systems Consultant in Chandler, AZ
    Former Contractor - Business Systems Consultant in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful colleagues
    Onsite cafeteria
    Nice equipment for use

Cons

Contractors treated as second class citizens
    Unwillingness to slow down long enough to document processes
    Initial start up time lengthy in getting access
    Lack of VPN access

3. "Good stable work"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent work and great benefits. It's a large company so they have a lot of things going on.

Cons

You get pigeon holed into one department or type of work so trying to advance in your career is nearly impossible. Especially trying to go into management you have to have experience.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for worker to advance in their careers.

4. "Get your act together Wells..."

Former Contractor - BSC5 in Chandler, AZ
    Former Contractor - BSC5 in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great Campus, friendly work environment, many corporate conveniences like cafe on campus, covered parking,

Cons

Poor Management, and the Obvious WF reputation issues causing layoffs and early contract terminations due to "Budget Cuts" (Read WF got caught again and now have to pay huge fines... therefore cutting contractor jobs...)

Advice to Management

Get your act together, Stop unscrupulous banking/lending practices... and make your job descriptions match the actual job.. I.E. Don't advertise a Project Manager Position and then hire for a Business Consultant position.

"Took Care Of Me"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Company with a solid future. Great environment to work in. Most teams in Tech are spread out over the nation and world allowing interactions with people from all over. Most groups have embraced the mobile work force concept giving the flexibility to work from home and/or the office. The company has done well by me over the many years. Fabulous Time Off benefits.

Cons

Culture has changed after the Wachovia merger from a West Coast-centric style to much more of an East Coast style, particularly in the Tech Group as management is heavily represented in the East. As the current Gov't whipping-boy in the Financial Sector (and mostly deservedly so), a lot of energy is being consumed responding to those requirements rather than moving forward which is tiring but will one day come to an end.

6. "Why am I here?"

Former Contractor - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Chandler, AZ
    Former Contractor - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive atmosphere. Lots of opportunity for growth. Lots of great activities. They care about their community. Big parking lot. Nice gym. Nice bathrooms. Smart trainer. Nice computers. Great supervisors

Cons

The third party they chose to work with was awful. I had no choice but to quit, even though I really enjoyed working there. The staffing agency lied about $ and hours and told me last minute. I resigned via staffing agency, which was a terrible mistake since they refused to accept it and tried to argue with me. They even offered me a 30 cent raise. They lied to the other contractors as well. You are rehirable as long as you don't abandon your job and they didn't inform wells fargo, so I am not rehirable and I was hoping to reapply directly. Oh well. Besides this. I really loved it and think the location in Chandler and the people that work there are great.

Advice to Management

More help for contractors who don't get access until way after everyone else in training. Make them feel more welcome, instead of an outsider.

"Chandler Engineering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation
    Cafeteria
    Gym
    Break room

Cons

Engineers are second class citizen: dev teams are order takers for sr. Management or anyone on the ‘inside ‘. It’s been said ‘Developers aren’t paid for ideas, they are paid to code”
    -command and controls culture: you expected to do as you are told and not voice opinions that differ from manager
    - culture of complacency: all things can wait another day , or week, or month , or year . There is no desire for improvement, but rather a desire to keep the status quo
    -Risk adverse , fail adverse : while all tech companies (and most other companies) embrace fail fast methodologies, failure in This case leads to punishment and reproach. It is risky to share ideas and safer to be complacent
    Lack of quality : good coding is not important, and even frowned upon since Sr leadership didn’t ‘tell you to do it that way’.

Advice to Management

be honest about who you are and the culture you have. Hire people who are looking for a cushy gig where they just have to do as they are told , rather then be accountable for solving problems. Be transparent about the command and control style rather then pretending it’s not here and then punishing people for speaking up .

8. "Cares About Their People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement, very social environment

Cons

Current focus too much on tactical issues, lack vision that travels from the top of the organization to the bottom

9. "Systems Analyst - Contractor"

Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

campus, Onsite Gym, Nice Cafeteria, location

Cons

For my project I am a contractor and it has not been a good experience. The culture is REALLY poor and the onboarding process consist of reading some slides. No company overview, team introductions, organizational overview. Been there two months and never once have I even had a one on one with my manager who is in another state.

I get the project is full of contractors, but they go out of their way to make sure you don’t feel like you are part of the company. For example, if you are a contractor there are no assigned cubes (even though there are more than enough empty cubes.). You have to reserve a “flex cube” every day, so you’re rarely in the same spot. Even better there are more contractors than there are these “flex cubes”. So instead of being able to settle in to a place of your own, put up pictures, hang reference materials on your wall while your learning, use a whiteboard, you pack up all your stuff at the end of the day and unpack it the next morning. (Seriously Wells Fargo, who thought this was a good idea????)

Nobody talks to each other, it feels like your working in a library, you just dread going to work every day.

Management provides no direction or even really interacts with you. Just a bunch of project tracks doing their own thing.

Don’t even think about questioning a process or bringing a best practice. You are just a contractor, what do you know?

But worst of all, VERY few people are invested in their work. As someone who prides one self on going above and beyond. it’s really painful to be the only one that cares and I can’t even get a cube of my own.

Advice to Management

If you want great outcomes, it may be time to stop promoting people cause they have put in their time and start looking for qualified management that actually understand technology, wants to deliver great outcomes and grow their talent.

10. "Great Company to work"

Current Employee - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

developers have all the tools, and new technology

Cons

sometime there are too many meeting

Advice to Management

less meeting

Showing 110 of 21,649 reviews