Wells Fargo Reviews in Charlottesville, VA | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Overall a great company to work for. Big on culture. Have an open mind."

Current Employee - Treasury Management Sales Consultant in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good incentive programs. Great benefits. Career development is supported at all levels. Lots of different experience. Allows employee to showcase their own talents. Very diverse work pool.

Cons

It's all about sales and hitting "the number." Some misalignment between acting as a leader and bending the rules. Have to rely on numerous different people to get things done.

Advice to Management

Spend more time focusing on employees with talents that are outside the normal expectations. Don't be black and white about everything.

2. "Work where I feel good about what I do everyday and have a very supportive team working with me to advance my career"

Current Employee - Treasury Management Sales Consultant in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brand recognition; Loads of career development; technology leader; Leadership model that work FOR you not against you; National presence so you can work anywhere

Cons

Goals are very high; not all coworkers are as committed to doing their best work every day; Lots of competition for top spots

Advice to Management

Don't go crazy by increasing goals every year. It has the effect of reducing compensation which makes people want to bail.

"Good place to start, but no career. I'm maintaining my goals each quarter and gathering experience to get a better job."

Current Employee - Teller in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get basic training and there are courses you take each quarter. They offer decent benefits with 401k matching, paid holidays off and you start off with 144 hours of PTO every January. It can be relaxed if you work with a good team and get to know your customers. There are things that you can do to be involved and seen.

Cons

The company is entirely too focused on referrals and solutions which causes frustration and early burn out. Also they only promote people that consistently hit the crazy high goals, no matter how they get there. Sometimes unethical behavior is overlooked as long as you perform. People are getting into positions because they are great salesmen, not good examples of leadership. It's always what have you done for me today with daily, monthly and quarterly goals. They offer bonuses based on your totals, but the only tellers that consistently get it are part time because their numbers are adjusted. Even bankers rarely hit all five metrics to receive a bonus and managers have to have the whole team hit goal to get one. I know a service manager that has been around for ten years and has never gotten a raise or bonus.

Advice to Management

You claim to care about "helping people succeed financially", but ignore the very people that front your company. Stop worrying about DDAs and WOW scores and maybe the people that want to care and do well will stay. Sadly, I thought that I could make a career here. Big mistake.

4. "Bad Management leads to poor worker environment"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours, environment, safety, compensation, safety, opportunity

Cons

Fridays, weekends, bad customer experiences

Advice to Management

help with training and on boarding of new hires, give them a chance to be productive and assets to the company. Better training, and customer service.

5. "Very under paid"

Current Employee - Teller in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

There are many opportunities for advancement in the banking side, if that's what you're interested in.

Cons

My manager is not very professional with employees and I'm surprised she's made it to a store manager role. There is no sense of urgency when it comes to anything having to do with employee needs or store needs.

6. "I'm still new, due to the Wachovia/Wells Fargo conversion, but it seems like it will be an interesting change."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

The staff members at my branch are awesome and the managers are very motivating. Also, the district manager makes me feel good about being able to move up.

Cons

I personally feel like it will be a little more 'corporate' and I am not quite sure how customers will feel about that.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your customers and employees are still being treated with as much respect as Wachovia treated them both.

Showing 6 of 18,090 reviews