Wells Fargo Client Services Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 26 reviews

4.2
Wells Fargo CEO Allen Parker
Allen Parker
  1. "Nice company overall but depends on your management"

Former Contractor - Client Services Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo for less than a year

Pros

Big Corp and great benefits

Cons

If you have a strict manager then good luck - I had one before it was struggling to work there

Wells Fargo2019-06-26
  2. "Overall great place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great people and a great environment! Collaborative Understanding bosses Great PTO

Cons

I wish the pay was slightly higher

Wells Fargo2019-04-03
  3. "Good starting job"

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun team, learn a lot

Cons

low pay for the work you do

Wells Fargo2019-03-01
  4. "Wells Fargo"

Former Employee - Client Services Consultant

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Good work environmental, good manager

Cons

low pay, stressful position, busy

Wells Fargo2019-01-17
  5. "Great benefits, lacking in overall pay though"

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits provided to team members is very good. Good PTO allotment starting out with an increase at 3 years. Best 401k match I’ve seen from most employers and national banks alike. Employee guidelines make job security pretty secure.

Cons

Rapid changes in trust operations and income ranges that are in need of an update. For the amount of work, serious attention to detail, and risk mitigation, the role simply doesn’t pay enough to compensate for the amount of work expected of the reps in these positions. Besides this, Wells provides a great place to work.

Wells Fargo2018-10-28
  6. "Client Service Consultant II"

Former Employee - Client Service Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pros to working with Wells Fargo was that they have benefits and career opportunities. If you like a desk job then this is good. I realized I am not a desk job type of person and I hated it.

Cons

Career opportunities are based on if you have a crappy manager or not. So many of them pick favorites. Shift bids are based on tenure and performance and happen every 6 months so you don't have a truly set schedule. You have benefits but what's the point if the pay isn't enough to cover the deductibles. You end up paying for benefits you can't use.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't pick favorites. Employees work on the job and typically know more than you do so listen to them when they express concern or ideas.

Wells Fargo2018-02-05
  7. "Just the basics"

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good environment, people, and benefits.

Cons

Incompetent upper management which lacks a general understanding of day to day tasks.

Advice to Management

Know what your direct reports do on a daily basis and be able to perform those tasks.

Wells Fargo2017-06-21
  8. "decent company, poor work life balance"

Current Employee - Client Service Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is pretty good, and the benefits though sort of expensive are pretty good as well. If you work in the right sort of department it can be a laid back company that likes to paper their employees, but that being said, most departments are not that way. Most management knows what they are actually doing and Wells does a good job at hiring people that actually belong there and not just favoritism and such. They... also don't care so bad for a college degree when you have the experience to make up for it, and you can advance far without this, even on jobs whos qualifications may state that it is a requirement. most positions wont work weekends or holidays

Cons

VERY high pressure sales if you are working in a branch or other customer facing position. Terrible work life balance, wells doesn't care as much for their employees as they do for their bottom line despite what they may say. There is a huge culture of cheating and "bending" the rules/ laws to get sales where they say no with their lips but nod yeas with their head.

Advice to Management

Consider more resources to study what other companies are doing to better show their employees that they care about their lives outside of work. Wells is not a family friendly company, once I had kids working for wells became much harder. The CEO makes WAY too much money, how can he justify that much (22.9 Million!), when my boss who answers to a manager only 4 people below John Stumpf makes in the 50k-60k range.... If he took just a minuscule $500,000.00 (drop in the bucket to him) pay decrease he could give every Wells employee a $2/hr raise, this would greatly boost morale, and the publicity would be insane, wells stock would shoot through the roof!!!

Wells Fargo2015-10-01
  9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Client Service Consultant in Norcross, GA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advancement opportunities are available for all. Great mentorship programs. It is how you make it for yourself.

Cons

The benefits are not as good as previous years.

Wells Fargo2015-06-12
  10. "While it was Wachovia it was the best employer in Jacksonville, Florida"

Former Employee - Client Service Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits 401k matchup to 6 % of salary, paid vacation and 9 paid Holidays, Wachovia had a pension plan and Wells only has a cash balance plan..

Cons

Worked for wachovia many many years and Wells bought Wachovia in 2008 and continued to work for Wells until I retired in 2011, took retirement because my entire department was displaced by Wells Fargo. Wells stopped wachovia employees salary increases.

Advice to Management

Pay a better salary to good employees to keep quality employees and it should be about quality not Quantity.

Wells Fargo2015-02-18