Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance was a poor aspect of the job" (in 367 reviews)

• "Can be hard to reach sales goals" (in 1265 reviews)

1. "Executive Decision"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10 holiday days, 2 floating holidays, 18 days PTO starting out at 15$..making excellent money not to mention quarterly bonuses..shift bids monthly..lateral advances

Cons

None at all whatsoever seriously ......

2. "Great Health Insurance!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

great options plus free dollars for employee and spouse when completing biometrics.

Cons

can not think of any

Advice to Management

no advice

3. "Customer Sales and Service Representative Review"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good leadership and culture is Awesome. The employees are Phenomenal.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Wells.

4. "UGH"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Columbia, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits, diversity, coworkers, and PAY

Cons

The Hours, How they did the hours.

Advice to Management

In every class there are leaders, make the class bid on shift before hitting the floor.

"Horrrible place to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Billings, MT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Co-workers, decent location and building.

Cons

Extreme Micromanagement, unreasonable expectations and goals.

Advice to Management

Ease up on employees, don't punish them for not reaching goals, remember that employees have families and make time off for them more attainable. I had a bad case of pneumonia and higher management called me at home and gave me the option of being fired or coming to work very ill while I had a doctors' note. You always told me that a note from your Doctor with instructions was not accepted as a reason to be absent. You would not even count a Doctors' letter as legitimate. Don't make unreasonable goals and expectations a reason for an employee to come to work day after day wondering and worrying if they would terminate their employment. I resigned after 14 years of blood, sweat and tears and you can not even give me a good reference for a new job. 14 years is a chunk of time in my career. I am a person not just a warm body to fill a desk. You claim to be family oriented but only if you file for FMLA will you be allowed to be ill or take care of a terminally ill family member. I resigned and you acted as if I was terminated. If an employee had a doctor's appointment don't wait until 4 PM the day before and tell you that your request is "GRANTED or NOT GRANTED". A doctor or hospital needs at least 24 hours to cancel. This is unreasonable. People come to work with colds, the flu and other conditions spreading the viruses to co-workers for fear of being fired. Older people also have skills and experience, don't just hire younger persons with no experience. Ease up Wells Fargo and quit being so deceptive and dishonest and treat employees and all customers as valued persons, not just as revenue and a warm body. Not all customers are wealthy, and the non-wealthy are the ones who receive all the fees while the wealthy get everything free or waived. I still have nightmares and PTSD from my employment at your bank.

"An overall decent place to work but call centers are not for me!"

Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, especially dental
    18 days PTO
    Holiday pay
    Quarterly incentives
    Multiple pay increases, although very small
    Achievements are noticed and rewarded

Cons

The constant abuse from customers and the repetitive job itself is what drove me away from this place. Many people are able to tolerate it, but I simply can’t. I did not feel like I was growing working there. I did not feel that I was gaining any valuable experience other than customer service experience. At the end of the day, I always felt like nothing but a “customer service representative”. Constantly being belittled, cursed at, and abused by customers while trying to maintain your composure will eventually take its toll on you emotionally. It’s just not worth it. I began to dread going to work.

There isn’t a lot of support from supervisors, team leads, and CSR 3s. Before they introduced the Skype feature, I remember having my flag up for more than 5 minutes waiting for help only to be ignored, and had to then fend for myself. The Skype feature is a great add-on, but it’s always backed up that at times I’ve waited 10 minutes for help, which resulted in the customer hanging up because they were on hold too long. There needs to be more support!

The call center I was located at in Birmingham is unprofessional. Coworkers gossiping about other coworkers; coworkers showing up to work dressed inappropriately; and the lack of diversity.

They’ve gotten rid of sales practices but there are still metrics that we have to meet and at times they are just simply unattainable. Too much pressure placed on handle time and Southern 7. If I get a 5/5 on a call, who cares if I did the Southern 7. That customer was satisfied!

Worked at Wells Fargo for almost 2 years and never got a weekend off, except when using my PTO; at least one weekend a month is acceptable.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We, too, keep Wells Fargo in business.

Focus more on quality vs quantity. Everything doesn’t have to be a metric or goal that needs to met. One of Wells Fargo missions is to put more focus into the customer but they are not entirely doing that, which is one of the reasons this bank continues to fail.

"Online Customer Service Representative 2"

Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week, time and a half for Holidays when you work your shift

Cons

They want you to take care of the customer in 6 minutes and 42 seconds. Managers focus on AHT ( Aur Handle Time) being under 409. However, CEO, Tim Sloan wants the customer to be the prouority and to be taken care of with the 1st call being the resolution.

Advice to Management

Do not terminate employees for accidently getting disconnected from a caller 2 times in 6 months. The OCSR2 take 35 to 50 calls a day. I had 90’s to 100’s for QA scores! I had 4.3’s to 5.0’s for CEM scores. My attendance was the 2nd highest in Birmingham, Alabama in Kristen Cole team outcof 100 people. I showed up to work when there was snow and ice in Birmingham, Alabama in January 16, 2018. Only 50 people out of 300 showed up to work that day. We had to get on other people’s computers to be together in a group. I got locked out of someone else’s computer. I had to change my password. Floor support moved things around on my computer while assisting me. When I went to get connected to a caller; the call was accidently connected. All OCSR’s had to sign a paper in the Summer of 2017 for call avoidance. This was considered our warning. The 1st dropped call was September 2017. This was considered a final warning. ( You focus 1 accident out of 35 to 50 calls a day).The 2nd accident was January 16, 2018. Bythectime, HUman Resources reviewed it and got back with Birmingham, Alabama; it was February 22, 2018. I was let go of on my lunch break. I was told on a job interview July 13, 2018 this year: “ Everyone in the banking industry knows about Wells Fargo. Even after the lawsuit; people come to me every day wanting a job”. Another gentlemen who is a head hunter and helps people find jobs told me on an interview: “ Wells Fargo’s work environment is toxic! I talk to people every week who want out of there@.

"Not all its cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Wire Transfers Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location
    Great walking location
    Cool co workers

Cons

Horrible pay
    Micro managed
    No perks
    Horrible benefits

Advice to Management

Give your employees the opportunity to prove them selves..if you constantly micro manage its difficult to grow

"Still a cutthroat culture"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, flexibility with work schedule and some managers are good.

Cons

Unrealistic goals for handle time, poor management across the call center, favoritism, bias and minimal coaching/development.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee engagement, motivation seems to be given are to those who meet their goals but for those that struggle with one or more metrics are threatened with corrective action and/or hounded while working with a customer on feedback on previous calls instead of a one on one basis. Also when someone brings up an issue with a solution at least act interested or look into it with out bias.

10. "Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, very diverse environment where everyone is treated equally. Resources to help you promote yourself to different departments.

Cons

Challenging to advance, help is scarce in online customer service department. Online customer service is a draining environment, there's never a chance to breath.

Advice to Management

There's a need for support groups for employees. The job is mentally draining, employees need to be able to vent their fustrations.