Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 360 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1256 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company To Work For!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My position as a CSR 2 with Wells Fargo was an absolute pleasure. The pay was based on performance so I received a hefty paycheck especially when the bonuses were given out. The flexibilty from the managers was a huge plus; they work with your home/work life balance to a "T".

Cons

No Cons at all to date!

Advice to Management

For those Managers who may not understand Work/Life balance it truly helps the performance and moral of the employee. The harder you make the day at work the worst your numbers may look ex: Attendance, At Work Performance!

"An overall decent place to work but call centers are not for me!"

Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, especially dental
    18 days PTO
    Holiday pay
    Quarterly incentives
    Multiple pay increases, although very small
    Achievements are noticed and rewarded

Cons

The constant abuse from customers and the repetitive job itself is what drove me away from this place. Many people are able to tolerate it, but I simply can’t. I did not feel like I was growing working there. I did not feel that I was gaining any valuable experience other than customer service experience. At the end of the day, I always felt like nothing but a “customer service representative”. Constantly being belittled, cursed at, and abused by customers while trying to maintain your composure will eventually take its toll on you emotionally. It’s just not worth it. I began to dread going to work.

There isn’t a lot of support from supervisors, team leads, and CSR 3s. Before they introduced the Skype feature, I remember having my flag up for more than 5 minutes waiting for help only to be ignored, and had to then fend for myself. The Skype feature is a great add-on, but it’s always backed up that at times I’ve waited 10 minutes for help, which resulted in the customer hanging up because they were on hold too long. There needs to be more support!

The call center I was located at in Birmingham is unprofessional. Coworkers gossiping about other coworkers; coworkers showing up to work dressed inappropriately; and the lack of diversity.

They’ve gotten rid of sales practices but there are still metrics that we have to meet and at times they are just simply unattainable. Too much pressure placed on handle time and Southern 7. If I get a 5/5 on a call, who cares if I did the Southern 7. That customer was satisfied!

Worked at Wells Fargo for almost 2 years and never got a weekend off, except when using my PTO; at least one weekend a month is acceptable.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We, too, keep Wells Fargo in business.

Focus more on quality vs quantity. Everything doesn’t have to be a metric or goal that needs to met. One of Wells Fargo missions is to put more focus into the customer but they are not entirely doing that, which is one of the reasons this bank continues to fail.

"Not all its cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Wire Transfers Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location
    Great walking location
    Cool co workers

Cons

Horrible pay
    Micro managed
    No perks
    Horrible benefits

Advice to Management

Give your employees the opportunity to prove them selves..if you constantly micro manage its difficult to grow

"Still a cutthroat culture"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, flexibility with work schedule and some managers are good.

Cons

Unrealistic goals for handle time, poor management across the call center, favoritism, bias and minimal coaching/development.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee engagement, motivation seems to be given are to those who meet their goals but for those that struggle with one or more metrics are threatened with corrective action and/or hounded while working with a customer on feedback on previous calls instead of a one on one basis. Also when someone brings up an issue with a solution at least act interested or look into it with out bias.

5. "Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, very diverse environment where everyone is treated equally. Resources to help you promote yourself to different departments.

Cons

Challenging to advance, help is scarce in online customer service department. Online customer service is a draining environment, there's never a chance to breath.

Advice to Management

There's a need for support groups for employees. The job is mentally draining, employees need to be able to vent their fustrations.

6. "Executive Decision"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10 holiday days, 2 floating holidays, 18 days PTO starting out at 15$..making excellent money not to mention quarterly bonuses..shift bids monthly..lateral advances

Cons

None at all whatsoever seriously ......

7. "CSR at Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Billings, MT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of vacation time, generous pay, great job

Cons

I don't really have anything to complain about

Advice to Management

None

8. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits paid leave good salary

Cons

Stagnant growth limited potential advancement

9. "Online Customer Service"

Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Homewood, AL
    Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Homewood, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, holiday pay, you will have 2 screens to work with at your desk, the headset is very comfortable, you get a 45 minute lunch break

Cons

Phone calls need to be between 6 to 7 minutes even if the customer wants you to pay all of their bills, you have to get a language line so that someone can translate to the customer for 45 minutes, managers listen to you as you are in the phone and make conversations with you, expecting you to hear then and the customer at the same time,, you may get a hearing impaired customer that needs a translator to help with username and password, then the customer can’t get to a higher level of authentication because their cell phone is not eligible to receive an advanced acess code. Then you do a tech case to make the phone number Eligible. This can take 3 to 7 business days. Then you have to escalate the call to a supervisor. The supervisor may be already assisting another team member. Therefore, the seconds which turn in to minutes are adding up on your call. Then you may get a “ Performance Improvement Plan” If your Air Handle Time is too high. Keep in mind, the CEO wants you to build trust and put the customer first. However, managers, supervisors and site leaders all want to get their Quarterly bonus. If you keep them from getting their Quarterly bonus, you will get to become a customer instead of an employee.

10. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful training and everyone is willing to help you learn.

Cons

The constant calls can be a bit draining.

Advice to Management

Do not focus so much on opposing goals on the floor.