Wells Fargo Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 357 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1254 reviews)

1. "Teller Job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very easy job

Cons

Can get very boring when work is slow

2. "Great People, Horrible Ethics"

Former Employee - Teller in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Teller in Englewood, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers and managers were really nice. Honestly, they made your day everyday.

Cons

Sales ethics as we know is a weak point.

3. "Senior Auditor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people. Great benefits. Challenging and rewarding career.

Cons

Lack of leadership in some instances and lack of training. Most of the work is learned by getting "thrown into the fire".

Advice to Management

Set up a better system of training newer employees.

"Personal Banker I - Good entry level position"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Building great rapport and extended relationships with customers who specifically ask for you. Very rewarding and flattering feeling when you are the best person to assist someone, in a customer’s eyes

• Managers cared and listened to my career development goals. They even went the extra mile to help me reach my goals and lead me in the right direction

• Team members were generally helpful and mindful to one another

• Hours and benefits were good. Flexible PTO

• Good training program although most of the learning comes from hands-on experience

• Excellent opportunity to build relevant, real world experience

Cons

• Difficult to deal with people in negative situations

• Many company policies did not make it easy to resolve issues. Very stressful at times because of this

• Micromanagement is present in many areas. Some day-to-day practices just seemed like extra work and a waste of time. Prevented me from providing a truly organic customer experience

• Salary is sub-par until you are promoted

In many cases, Personal Bankers are not given the authority to solve a customer’s issue by themselves alone. Much of my time was spent jumping on the phone to different internal department specialists to solve issues. This was very helpful in a lot of cases, but there were also many cases that I’d have to reach out to a specialist for an issue that could have been easily fixed by myself alone - had I only been given the authority. Sometimes those internal phone calls had me being transferred around and sitting on hold for 30+ minutes at a time - all while the customer is staring at me waiting for an explanation for the hold-up. Very awkward and stressful at times — not to mention confusing and irritating for the customer.

This job is more of a customer support role than anything. It takes the right kind of people-person who can effectively deal with negative situations and problems. Sometimes it involves having to struggle to find a feasible solution that is within unclearly defined company policies. Managers are there for support, but some situations can become very stressful.

Advice to Management

Please quit the traditional micromanagement practices. It’s awkward and takes away from the customer experience. Just let team members be themselves in all aspects of the jobs, within reason of course, as I believe customers resonate better when they can just talk to a team member who acts like a normal human being.

Also, allow more leniency with authority. Allow bankers more ability to make account changes on their own without having to connect to other departments.

5. "Disappointing"

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist V in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist V in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable job, impossible to get fired, low expectations, lots and lots of PTO with some paid volunteer time

Cons

Corporate culture does not reward hard work. No incentive is provided to perform beyond minimum expectations.

6. "Banker"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Westminster, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

loved the people I worked with

Cons

Management would constantly set you up to fail telling you to "get the sale" and they would have your back if anyone complained or reported you. I watched my friend get fired after our manager told him to do something then stood by as he got fired. Definitely didn't "have his back"

Advice to Management

Don't be shady

7. "Collector"

Former Employee - Collector III in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Collector III in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO and monthly/annual bonuses

Cons

Where to begin... Upper management doesn't care about lower level employees. Practically impossible to impose changes even when multiple offices across the country complain about the same problem. This company is being ran by executives who think companies need to be ran like they did in the 80s/90s. Zero work/life balance outside of using your PTO. This company will be left in the dust by its competitors if they don't listen to employees and improve how they run their business. This company also has zero culture, people came in to make money and leave as soon as they found a chance

Advice to Management

Listen to lower level employees, catch up with other companies (mostly technologically)

8. "One Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Implementation Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The strive to do what is right fro the customer with a holistic view of the customer across all products.

Cons

There is still a disconnect between all products and if you are applying for credit you are still doing it for each product individually.

9. "Manage a teller line with 8 direct reports"

Current Employee - Service Manager II in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Service Manager II in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are excellent and there are a lot of different career opportunities to pursue. Matching 6% to 401K, lots of vacation days and holidays off.

Cons

Not paid enough for the responsibility and job expectations. Not clear expectations from upper management on job responsibilities because they change them weekly.

10. "Home Mortgage Consultant"

Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company. Great mortgage programs. Competitive rates. There is a lot of support available to help you get the job done.

Cons

Like many large organizations there is a slow moving bureaucracy. If you have the patience to learn how to get things done within the organization you can be successful, but it can be frustrating.

Showing 203 of 20,077 reviews