Wells Fargo Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

"Sell, Sell, Sell!"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great 401k match.

Cons

Too much contradiction when it comes to pushing products on customers. Corporate says "Don't open multiple accts, etc.". Management pushes "Spending Accounts" and other duplicate products to meet sales goals/bonus levels.

Advice to Management

Take some time to make sure your tellers know how to do their job and can do math correctly! I spent many a night being in the branch for an hour after closing trying to rectify transaction errors that the other tellers made. They are so focused and pressured on pushing products, they forget/make mistakes when doing the actual transaction part of their job!

"Great opportunity, lack of quality leadership"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn banking, sales and networking

Cons

Some people in management really do not care about their jobs, and it is reflected by the low morale of their staff

Advice to Management

Really take the internal employee surveys seriously, there is much room for improvement

"Sweat Shop"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, good amount of paid time off. Just by being an employee, you can get a discount with a lot of the cell phone service providers.

Cons

Mortgage is still part of the good ol' boys club. Being promoted is almost impossible, the reqs get opened up without the notifications going out to everyone. Just long enough to appease HR's requirements so their BFF can apply. Work life balance doesn't exist

Advice to Management

Follow the visions and values.

5. "Wells Fargo"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vast Career Opportunities, challenge, growth potential

Cons

Very large, decentralized, can be impersonal

Advice to Management

Centralize

6. "Working for Wells"

Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Littleton, CO

Pros

Wonderful company that truly cares about its employees and is willing to invest in its people

Cons

sales heavy, strict on lending

"Ask the staff"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Denver, CO

Pros

Great employee programs & personal growth opportunities.

Cons

Management has little regard for admin staff. Many are rude, condescending & don't allow advancement. This is not a general statement.

Advice to Management

It would do no good. They only listen to each other.

"Service Manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was great to build up my own team, weekly/daily meetings were fun, constant traffic in our door which made everyday different.

Cons

I was the only one in a very large store. Worked 50+ hours for a few months before getting "help" Always seemed to be super pushy when it came to sales. The culture was to sell and not take care of the customer. Sucked to get a 4 out of 5 stars and be a complete failure.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the sales quota. Allow your employees to take care of the customers and the numbers will follow.

9. "personal banker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits, 401k, insurance. it is a great company to work at. company has long/good career path.

Cons

for example, one customer come in to replace his debit card, during the process you will need to ask what are the financial priorities for the customer... too much sales but bones are not good. it is hard to get out of retail.

10. "Several opportunities but not the place for professionals"

Former Employee - Mortgage Document Specialist, Team Lead, SME in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Mortgage Document Specialist, Team Lead, SME in Denver, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Due to it's size, there are many opportunities to switch fields or locations. It is a great place for entry-level work, a place to get your foot in the door. I was hired as a contractor, but a month later, myself and everyone else in my office was converted to WF full-time staff. The company has been around for a long time and not only survived the housing bubble burst but thrived from it. You won't have to worry about the company being acquired and losing your job due to "synergistic money-saving opportunities." They provide excellent benefits including the usual healthcare, 401K, etc. but also great discounts on products (meaning bank accounts, mortgages, anything else they sell).

I worked with some fantastic and passionate people. The longevity and size of the company means there is always an answer to be found, and there are several wonderful tools available to help you do your job. We worked late twice a week and dinner was always provided, then on Fridays we got a free snack, like dilly bars from DQ. I'm pretty sure I gained at least 20 lbs in the year I worked there.

Cons

As with any large company, there is very little visibility by the people making the important, impactful decisions, and the lower rung people that those decisions affect. Also because of its size and corporate atmosphere, it is impossible to get a truthful response from management regarding the future of your position and/or department. I worked in mortgage refinance, and within a year, we had opened a new office and closed it back down. No effort was made to find other positions for us within the company, not even for those managers who had relocated to help open the office. There is absolutely no loyalty and being great at your job means nothing.

Due to some recent policy changes in HR, it is nearly impossible to fire someone, which may sound like job security, but if you care about your work, it means you will work with people who don't care, can't operate the software, and/or have bad attitudes. Additionally, HR is very strict when it comes to meeting the criteria in a job posting. If your resume isn't quantifiable in a way they checks every single box, they will automatically toss it out.

Advice to Management

Change the HR policy. Wrongful termination claims are rarely successful and certainly not worth keeping terrible employees in their jobs when there are plenty of better qualified, more eager people waiting to take that position. You need to take into account the cost savings of more efficient employees who get to work in an environment with better morale. Those people that are poor employees tend to also have bad attitudes and like to constantly complain about something within their job. I especially dislike the phrase "that's not MY job."

The rigid standards for determining who will get an interview need to have an exception. I think this is true for most companies. They like to have HR check the boxes and throw away the rest. There are people who are outside those boxes who could perform the job just as well and will bring additional ideas and skills that may be lacking when you hire only from column A. In thinking about my own situation, I think this definitely applies, and brings me to my next point, which is that corporations need to think more than 5 years ahead. I realize this is the average lifespan of a CEO, but the company needs to survive and thrive when that person moves on. When I worked for WF, I was in law school and graduate school for a masters in taxation. Neither of these credentials were taken into account when applied for other positions within the company. I was denied across the board because I hadn't worked in the corporate world for more than three years. I realize this may come off as conceited, but with my intelligence, work ethic (which is excellent), and commitment (see additional responsibilities above), do you really think I could not have quickly learned any of the jobs I applied for? These are jobs that are one step above entry-level. I merely wanted to work with other people who cared as much about their work as I did. I even called HR to discuss having them relax the 3 years of relevant experience rule in light of my other qualifications and was denied.

I was looking for a good company that I could have had a future with upon graduation, but no thought was given to keeping and grooming talent for the future.

11. "Lead Teller"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Aurora, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It help to develop one's own skill when it comes to communication/ getting better at talking to better.

Cons

They ask too much from you. Sales, sales, sales, or solution, solution, solution. And, it does not matter how many solutions you get, or even though you hit your goal it is never going to be enough. Pay sucks.

Showing 176 of 16,047 reviews