Wells Fargo Reviews in Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2019

3.3
Wells Fargo CEO Allen Parker
Allen Parker
  1. "Technical Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Technical Project Coordinator in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great PTO Allotment 20 days. Plus 10 holidays and 2 personal holidays. They encourage upward mobility and the bettering of one's self. If one is inclined to do so it is encouraged and the tools are given to do it. I am glad I have medical coverage through my husband though as it seems a bit expensive for basic coverage. I do get my dental and vision through them as it was cheaper than my husband's offerings. ... They have an up to 6% 401 k match which is really good.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much micromanagement from Top Down. It makes things a little stressful from time to time, but understandable since government regulations have to be followed. Not too many con's since this job is typically not customer facing. or out customers are other employees.

Advice to Management

Learn what goes on inside your different departments and the flow of work. Sometimes it makes things more difficult when things get all switched around multiple times in a day, because the top doesn't see the bigger picture. Learn what actually goes on inside the real workings of the department or section.

Wells Fargo2018-03-18
  2. "Good Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, hours and support system from managers.

Cons

Huge demand for profitability.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Wells Fargo2018-03-15

"Complete Downward Spiral"

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

401k is 6% match, tuition reimbursement, and other typical perks of the big corporate environment.

Cons

WF execs and upper management are clueless about the environment below them. Ever since all the scandals, they have shifted focus to customers and have completely given up caring about their employees. Employees are suffering big pay cuts, essentially paying for all the fines that WF is being hit with. Morale has hit an all-time low but nothing is being done to reverse it. Pay is structured now around a lot of... factors that are out actually of your control. Anytime you can't control your paycheck, you are going to feel totally helpless. Typical corporate feedback system - "Your Opinion Counts" is just jargon for "We have to find a way to make it look like we care". Until they actually do something to reverse the downfall, nobody's opinion counts.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Your employees in the front lines are the ones doing the REAL work. Imagine trying to do the work that those of us are doing, while also struggling to keep food on the table! An average mortgage consultant is supposed to make 70k and most of your current consultants are lucky to make 50k after this scandal. Put the emphasis back on your employees because they DO NOT care about customer service when... you don't pay them well.

Wells Fargo2018-03-23
  4. "Depends on the department"

Current Employee - Training and Development Specialist in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great commitment to diversity and inclusion - Adequate pay and benefits - Committed and enthusiastic executives

Cons

- Middle management can sometimes be small minded or self centered - Department procedures and processes are constantly changing

Wells Fargo2018-03-01
  5. "Credit Portfolio Consultant"

Current Employee - Credit & Portfolio Analyst in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large company with good benefits a opportunities

Cons

Large company and can get lost in the numbers

Wells Fargo2018-02-23

"Senior Client Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Private Client Associate in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Working with professionals and high net worth clients

Cons

limited face to face client interactions

Advice to Management

hire more service support and have this role more involved with client interaction and meetings

Wells Fargo2018-01-12

"Amazing! GREAT pay, GREAT benefits and I truly feel VALUED!!!"

Current Employee - Research/Remediation Analyst in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked for WF for 7 years and left to search out other opportunities. I came back in 2016. Since I've been back, Tim Sloan has become CEO and things have changed DRAMATICALLY-- the benefits (which were great before) have only gotten better, the culture of the company is improving by leaps and bounds. Yes, we've had some definite challenges to face, but there's been a huge effort by Senior Leadership to face... those challenges head-on. I am a true believer of this bank... a loyal customer...and extremely proud to be a team member of Wells Fargo.

Cons

Our senior leaders and front line supervisors are wonderful. However, there is A LOT of "middle management" which needs to be trimmed down or they need to be more in sync with our senior leaders.

Advice to Management

Make sure your team members are hearing the messages from Senior Leadership. The town halls are extremely valuable. Not all lines of business promote them as well as they should.

Wells Fargo2017-12-29
  8. "Satisfied"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people and ability to move within the company is second to none. Wells encourages growth and development in different lines of business.

Cons

The scrutiny in the media has put wells in a bad light. Job security comes with scrutiny, luckily there are constant openings in the company.

Advice to Management

N/A

Wells Fargo2018-01-04

"Operations Accountant I"

Current Employee - Operations Processor/Accountant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good steady work, no overtime, good about taking time off as long as they know about it, good 401K matching.

Cons

Companies Reputation. repetitive work, no one seems to know how one system works with another, boring 1/2 the time...no work to do.

Wells Fargo2018-01-14

"Wells Fargo & Company Pros & Cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very general benefits package. (401K match, time off, maternity/paternity leave) Great work/life balance. Large company with many opportunities for advancement. Very established company history. Great charitable donations and corporate social responisbility.

Cons

Large company with many channels of approval needed to implement change. Slow to adopt new technologies in some of the non core segments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work restoring trust and building on a long tenured US brand, Work to consolidate division systems of record. Continue great progress on employee benefits and work/life balance!

Wells Fargo2017-12-30