Wells Fargo Financial Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 362 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1264 reviews)

1. "Financial Crimes Specialist II"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

Focused heavily on production and quality

2. "It’s ok"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, diverse staff, more likely to hire from within the company

Cons

Low rate of pay, micromanaging Supervisors

Advice to Management

Please make sure the team supervisors have sufficient training as it relates to working with others. Some of your supervisors have very poor skills when it comes to managing.

"The LITERAL Worst"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good PTO
    Competitive 401k
    Not much else

Cons

After 5 years AND a promotion, I was STILL making less than $15 an hour. They quietly raised the company's minimum wage to $13.50, and I found out that my wages had only been raised from $13.48 to... $13.50. I was FURIOUS. I had been a good employee for five years, and I'd been promoted - my wages should have reflected that. After finally going to my boss's boss's boss, I received a whopping 80 cent raise. I felt like I'd been slapped in the face.
    My boss one time pulled me into a meeting room to inform me a rumor was going around that I had been seen sleeping with a married coworker in the parking garage (a rumor that was NOT true).
    Over the course of three years, I applied 10 different times to the same position (the position above mine), and at one point, a man that I had caught cheating the system and that my manager had asked me to write an in-depth report on how exactly he was doing it, was promoted to the position instead of me. It was literally down to the two of us and they chose the guy that they had asked me to write a report on.
    At one point, I figured out that my manager had asked my coworker (my PEER) to spy on me. If I so much as looked at my phone (which was ALLOWED), it was reported to my manager.
    If you so much as went to lunch with a coworker of the opposite sex, rumors circulated that you were sleeping together
    People were catty and snarky and awful
    Wells Fargo takes advantages of its employees AND its customers.

Advice to Management

Do better? Take some management classes?

4. "Wells Fargo Review For Company"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the benefits are solid. Compensation wise, Wells Fargo is cheap. They try to low ball you more often than not.

Cons

The culture is not up to par with what I would expect from a top 5 bank. There is a good deal of politics that go into promotions. Management is mediocre. The people working there are pretty good overall.

Advice to Management

Less politics, more results for those who perform the best and drive results.

"Terrible Environment"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! The 401K plan is decent... they will match 6% after one year and you are vested from day 1.

Cons

They did not give me the tuition reimbursement that they approved. They said that "it was not a business need" even tho they had signed the paperwork to give me the reimbursement. When I went to my supervisor he said that there was nothing they could do. I escalated the situation to his supervisor and sent the signed paperwork. She did not do anything after I followed up with her for months. Terrible! The whole company is very bureaucratic and it is impossible to move up into management unless you are one of the 'favorites'. The pay is the worst in the industry and they expect you to take back to back calls every day. The call volume is so high because employees are literally leaving quicker than the company can train them. They literally have management walk around and look at people's computers non-stop throughout the day. Very micromanaging and it feels like a prison. Also, they only allow you a very little amount of time to wrap up calls and make notes, even in complicated cases. They definitely make you feel like you are a number and they do not care about their customers. All they want to do is have employees take as many calls as they can, pay them as little as they can (about $7,000-$10,000 below the average of similar positions at other companies), and reprimand some of their best employees. Coworkers who took their time and cared about customers were fired. I left because of unethical conduct by middle & lower management.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees.

"Finicial crimes iccc department"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are put with a good team your team mates can make or break you.

Cons

Qa scores are highly subject to the person listening to the call, unrealistic expectations and there justification for everything is well... It should be this way because we are a call center. The environment has a focus that does not have any innovation, the management staff acts like they care but they don't by their actions

Advice to Management

Actually try and find how your individual teammembers work rather than just making a blanket decision. If you have people that want to help the customer. The current culture is kiss butt of the higher ups and tell the most convenient lie to get the customers off the phones because of the unrealistic phone handle times

7. "Drone Work"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and steady pay

Cons

Awful work, people hate you because you represent a bank that has been in the news for all the wrong reasons

8. "Was bearable, now not"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist IV in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist IV in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the job was challenging, interesting and worked with nearly every dept in the company which was awesome for building your personal network and vast career growth opportunities

Cons

the management is horrific. Does not know the job or even cares to. Cannot even operate the systems used. Useless, demeaning, demanding. Takes credit from people.

Advice to Management

let someone better do the job because you all are horrible at. Have been horrible for over 5 years and show only signs of decline, not improvement

9. "Financial Crimes Specialist"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the hours and I liked the coworkers.

Cons

I didn't like the training I received there. It didn't reflect what I would be doing on the floor.

10. "Not reccommended"

Former Employee - Financial Crime Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Financial Crime Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. There was plenty of work that needed to be done and you were constantly busy.

Cons

Treated like a number. Does not put up with any tardiness. Not a family oriented work place in my opinion..

Advice to Management

My manager was amazing. There was one other manager specifically who was not very nice at all she was actually very rude and unwelcoming to everyone.