Wells Fargo Financial Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 356 reviews)

• "No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"" (in 1253 reviews)

1. "Financial Crimes Specialist"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly working environment, excellent cafe for lunch

Cons

I love this job. It had no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

2. "Wells Fargo Review For Company"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the benefits are solid. Compensation wise, Wells Fargo is cheap. They try to low ball you more often than not.

Cons

The culture is not up to par with what I would expect from a top 5 bank. There is a good deal of politics that go into promotions. Management is mediocre. The people working there are pretty good overall.

Advice to Management

Less politics, more results for those who perform the best and drive results.

"Terrible Environment"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! The 401K plan is decent... they will match 6% after one year and you are vested from day 1.

Cons

They did not give me the tuition reimbursement that they approved. They said that "it was not a business need" even tho they had signed the paperwork to give me the reimbursement. When I went to my supervisor he said that there was nothing they could do. I escalated the situation to his supervisor and sent the signed paperwork. She did not do anything after I followed up with her for months. Terrible! The whole company is very bureaucratic and it is impossible to move up into management unless you are one of the 'favorites'. The pay is the worst in the industry and they expect you to take back to back calls every day. The call volume is so high because employees are literally leaving quicker than the company can train them. They literally have management walk around and look at people's computers non-stop throughout the day. Very micromanaging and it feels like a prison. Also, they only allow you a very little amount of time to wrap up calls and make notes, even in complicated cases. They definitely make you feel like you are a number and they do not care about their customers. All they want to do is have employees take as many calls as they can, pay them as little as they can (about $7,000-$10,000 below the average of similar positions at other companies), and reprimand some of their best employees. Coworkers who took their time and cared about customers were fired. I left because of unethical conduct by middle & lower management.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees.

"Finicial crimes iccc department"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are put with a good team your team mates can make or break you.

Cons

Qa scores are highly subject to the person listening to the call, unrealistic expectations and there justification for everything is well... It should be this way because we are a call center. The environment has a focus that does not have any innovation, the management staff acts like they care but they don't by their actions

Advice to Management

Actually try and find how your individual teammembers work rather than just making a blanket decision. If you have people that want to help the customer. The current culture is kiss butt of the higher ups and tell the most convenient lie to get the customers off the phones because of the unrealistic phone handle times

5. "Drone Work"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and steady pay

Cons

Awful work, people hate you because you represent a bank that has been in the news for all the wrong reasons

6. "Was bearable, now not"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist IV in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist IV in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the job was challenging, interesting and worked with nearly every dept in the company which was awesome for building your personal network and vast career growth opportunities

Cons

the management is horrific. Does not know the job or even cares to. Cannot even operate the systems used. Useless, demeaning, demanding. Takes credit from people.

Advice to Management

let someone better do the job because you all are horrible at. Have been horrible for over 5 years and show only signs of decline, not improvement

7. "Financial Crimes Specialist"

Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the hours and I liked the coworkers.

Cons

I didn't like the training I received there. It didn't reflect what I would be doing on the floor.

8. "Not reccommended"

Former Employee - Financial Crime Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Financial Crime Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. There was plenty of work that needed to be done and you were constantly busy.

Cons

Treated like a number. Does not put up with any tardiness. Not a family oriented work place in my opinion..

Advice to Management

My manager was amazing. There was one other manager specifically who was not very nice at all she was actually very rude and unwelcoming to everyone.

9. "Very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. They promote from within. Excellent maternity leave benefits. 16 weeks with full pay after one full year with the company

Cons

Salary could be better. They pay new people more than people who have several years of experience. The paid time off could be better. They don't give sick leave

Advice to Management

Loosen up

"Do not recommend..job title VERY misleading.."

Current Employee - Financial Crime Specialist II
    Current Employee - Financial Crime Specialist II

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay..over 15 hr..good dental and vision insurance..medical insurance is horrible high deductible over $2000..

Cons

Where do i start. PTO and attendance policy is HORRIBLE. you have to request days off in advance and there are limited hours you can request. if you are sick and miss work for whatever reason and its not scheduled in advanced, then that counts as an occurence towards you and 6 occurrences and you are fired ...no questions asked. you basically have to plan the days you will be sick in advanced and request those days. very sad hr policy. high turnonver rate in this positions always hiring because a lot of people quit. if you never worked in a call center or if you have and do not like it...RUN!! this is a terrible job, getting yelled at with back to back none stop calls. the job title is financial crime specialist II call center but they make it believe that you are mitigating fraud when really it's more like a factory production line. 90% of calls are people that "supposedly" didnt make amazonprime charges, trial offers, netflix..etc..most of the calls are not fraud just people lying that they never made the amazonprime charge. if you have a degree DO NOT WASTE your time in this position. EVERYTHING is micro manged! you are not even able to use 10 min a day in going to the restroom becuase that messes up youre "conformance" metric. everything here is about numbers and not mitigating fraud. worst job i ever had. Glorified customer service rep position.

Advice to Management

Get rid of those stupid attendance policies. hire only people with over 1 yr call center experience so that theres not such a high turnover. most importantly, change the title of this position. we are not investigators mitigating fraud. this title is misleading. use claims rep or customer service rep is more appropiate.