Wells Fargo Reviews in Glendale, AZ | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 360 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1256 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid time off, tuition reimbursement offered if you are in school, great people to work with

Cons

Sometimes you have to work 10 hour days being on your feet all day

2. "Assist Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Pros

Benefits are great for employees

Cons

Pushed to sell more than 240 products or services

Advice to Management

Dont micro manage

3. "Senior Underwriter"

Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than 3 years)

Pros

not many.. The pay was good....but you totally worked for it. It was great when the management went to headquarters for business. It is truly hard to say nice things about WFHM Phoenix Offices.

Cons

Worst management....you were an indentured servant to some very arrogant LGBT employees that were the management. Were very nasty to employees and just about worked them into the ground. Employees did not have any where to go with their grievances, but out the door to a better employer. Human Resources were beaten down also. Would not listen and then would report you to the managers. The job from Hell!

Advice to Management

Learn to be nice to people and put Life/Work balance into place.

4. "Ehh"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room to move up. Meet some good people

Cons

numbers numbers numbers, and service

Advice to Management

They have no say

"Underwriter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good amount of time off. Get paid volunteer days.

Cons

I have been laid off 2 times in the last 3 years.

6. "phone banker 2"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment, pay is ok, PTO is pretty good as well, they gave me an option of going part time to go to school.

Cons

Micro managing and customers yelling/cursing at me stressed me out the most. Training could be better and I say that because I've been told two different things to a customer based off manager or team lead input that caused them to get angry. It actually happened more than once. Also I've been taught certain things in training that would be opposite in team meetings which is really confusing.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the micro managing like positive ways to improve instead of what your doing wrong. Better training for employees could use a lot of work

7. "Personal Banker"

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chance to advance is quick, pay for bankers is above average and can make money as a base salary, locations are everywhere so you can always find a place to work that is close to you, great benefits including 401k match up to 6%.

Cons

Strict quality goals that are unfair as bankers can not control outcome of customer reviews (WOW). If a customer is upset at wells fargo in general, if you are the last banker that helped that customer, you will get a "bad shop" although you did everything right. Bonuses are ridiculous, they make you jump through hoops to get your bonus. Wells Fargo has a serious problem within, they are plagued by cheaters or in wells fargo terms... gamers. The cheaters do unethical transactions to manipulate sales, while the honest bankers are left behind in the standings usually getting performance reviews that are unfair because the bankers on the top are boosting the numbers. Managers are getting younger and younger, some have no real management experience and are more interested in hiring hot girls instead of quality employees. Cheating will bring wells fargo down as customers leave the bank usually with 2-3 banking products they do not need but in 90 days they will get charged for.

Advice to Management

Report gamers as soon as you suspect them... do not keep them just because they make your numbers and your store look good in front of your district manager. treat the customers with respect, sell only what the customer needs not what your bankers are being pushed to sell. Stand up to your District Manager and do the right things in your branch. Happy customers will always bring you more business.

8. "My employment with Wells Fargo allowed me to learn and grow within the industry as an individual and team player."

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo promotes from within, and most retail functions promote teamwork.

Cons

The sales and service models and processes need revision.

9. "A Great place with good people"

Former Employee - Traditional Branch Teller in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Traditional Branch Teller in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good hours, well rewarded for sales, good schedule, reasonable pay, clean environment. Once you establish credibility with your customers, you can sell services that they truely will be benfitted by.

Cons

You need to know how to sell products and services to meet the minimum sales requirements. Sales are required before you even get the hang of working the window. Better training on transactions would be helpful.

Advice to Management

People come into your establishment to get assistance with their accounts. They count on your company to serve their needs and interests. By requiring sales of associates you end up getting employees who sell inappropriate products which are mismatched to the customer's needs.

"Tellers must sell and wow"

Former Employee - Teller in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, Tuition reimbersment, 401k. Your experience in the retail side really depends on your store manager. I personally will avoid working for wells fargo at all costs.. Many people love their job outside the retail side within wells, i've heard underwriting is a great department.

Cons

Unrealistic sales, management does not have clue what really goes on, extreme gaming to meet goals, employees constantly on the edge about losing their job or being demoted if sales goals arn't met. It is essientially a revolving door here, always new employees because team members finally call it quits. Sadly, the people who are promoted within retail are usually those able to game the system the best. Store Managers/District Managers/Market Presidents will turn a blind eye to ethical issues related to sales because it affects their bonus payout.

Advice to Management

Make reasonable goals so people don't game, offer more incentive to current employees so turn over is lower. Sales often don't contribute to the bottom line. Sending multiple debit cards to customers who don't want/need them is not value adding, but shareholder destroying.

Showing 10 of 20,124 reviews