Wells Fargo Reviews in Hayward, CA | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line (in 354 reviews)

• No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth" (in 1249 reviews)

1. "I love my job and am a customer here as we'll I wouldn't go anywhere else."

Current Employee - Teller in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here Are the people they definitely push you to be your best at all times

Cons

sales quotas Are very important and a lot if pressure is put on us to meet them

Advice to Management

Everything works great

2. "Fast paced and a lot of room for growth on the platform side of the bank."

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are full benefits, pretty flexible in scheduling, hours of operation are great, and great face to face interaction with customers!

Cons

None at the moment. Everything at Wells Fargo is pretty good. I've heard many cons against their sales tactics, but I've never felt pushed to hit quotas under my management. I've wanted to hit sales quotas on my own to make more money.

3. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The career growth is great. It offers employee recognition and management will sit down and talk to you to really figure out what you want. There are some positive side to the fact that it is a sales driven job. Everyone are professional and its just a great environment to work at.

Cons

Sporadic daily goals, sometimes they want you to focus on sales and sometimes they want you to focus on key driver metrics. They want you to do prompt service and there is only one way to do it, there is no other way! Management will really be on you if you do not follow rules and regulations. When there is large volume of customer and they want you to do all things or else you will be evaluated.

Advice to Management

Management should talk to tellers more about there career goals and really make them feel valued. When tellers get surveyed,

"good place to work, but bad politics."

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Hayward, CA

Pros

advancement is quick. although they say you have to commit to 1 year in your title, depending on your manager, you can get promoted in less than a year. to be eligible for your quarterly bonus, it's not hard to meet (if you're teller, lead teller, or service manager). as an employee for 3 years, i always received some incentive every quarter. systems are user-friendly. PTO requests are easily granted if you give an advance notice to management. you go through extensive training for ANY position (yes, there are training centers).

Cons

don't expect to much when it comes to getting your annual raise. it's pennies. this company is all politics. life at wells fargo is easier if you "know somebody." strict management. you'll get a write-up for almost anything - attendance, out-of-balancing, losses, etc. just be careful to avoid all that. since 2006, wells fargo has changed their saturday hours from 9AM-4PM to 9AM-6PM. say goodbye to your weekend of freedom. hiring process has changed. interviews are not done at the actual banking center that you want to work for, it's held at the corporate office along with 10-12 other candidates wanting the same position as you conducted by the recruiter. management doesn't even get to interview "the new hire."

Advice to Management

to the branch/service managers, don't play favorites. treat your staff equally.

Showing 4 of 19,463 reviews