Wells Fargo Reviews in Huntington Beach, CA | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sloan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 357 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1254 reviews)

1. "I love it"

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quickly move up the company

Cons

Pay somewhat less compared to other banks. Use of scripting.

2. "Mortgage Consultant"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Brand is about the only thing that username to be in our favor. With the recent bank scandal that went out the window.

Cons

Minimal to no leadership support. You are basically on your own. Sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your teams success one employee at a time instead of being producing managers who only focus on their own goals and performance. If I was a manager my mentality would be one if I am only as good as my team.

3. "Was great and just going down hill"

Current Employee - Lead Teller Operations Specialist in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Teller Operations Specialist in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work and life balance if you work at a traditional branch in-stores are later hours
    401k match 6% after a year. No sales just based on customer experience. Paid training

Cons

Micromanagement, pay, hard to advance in company, you have to wait one year after getting a position to advance, lots of talking behind your back from management, as a lead teller you should expect to run the store and always get undermined, managers picks favorites

Advice to Management

Work on your career advancement, some people are ready for the next step before a complete year. It's not fair being stuck in a position or branch they no longer feel comfortable in or bored in because no development opportunities

"Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

- good company vibe created by management to encourage team work

Cons

- quotas are too outrageous, makes it difficult to deliver good customer service when you're always trying to up sell

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement

5. "A good place to work. Learned a lot here! Good/Bad experience depends on management"

Former Employee - Teller in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot about the financial industry; felt like you're making a difference in many people's lives; if you're good in sales you can make some good extra money. Experience in a professional atmosphere with many avenues to move up.

Cons

Scripted customer interaction gets repetitive and annoying. Emphasis on sales goals is intense. Sales pushing from managers and bankers is constant. Sometimes you feel unappreciated for all the non-sales related work you do. I initially had a great manager that supported me and made a world of difference. New management with strict rules and fake demeanor rubbed tellers the wrong way (reason for my leaving).

Advice to Management

Listen to your tellers and see if on the broad spectrum they are doing everything right based on customer compliments and sales numbers. If this is the case then cut them some slack on the nit picky details.

6. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Teller in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Awesome benefits package
    -Management is proactive and helps you develop your career plans within the company, whatever they may be
    -Good sales incentive pay

Cons

-Hitting sales goals can be stressful at times
    -Unfortunately, as with any large bank, pressure to hit certain numbers can lead to unethical sales behavior

Advice to Management

Provide clearer paths to help retail-level employees develop careers outside of a retail store.

7. "Good overall experience"

Former Employee - Teller in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with team members, all very friendly and helpful. Management was accommodating to employees. Generally positive experience.

Cons

Very sales oriented. Very strict guidelines.

Advice to Management

Little more room for flexibility, usually depends on the branch managers.

"If you have a brain and can think for yourself, go somewhere else."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, PTO, and you're given the opportunity to help customers.

Cons

Constant pressure of daily sales goals creates a bad working environment. Many put sales before service when it should be the other way around. The constant sales pressure really breaks you down as a human being. It takes a dedicated individual willing to put up with and sacrifice a lot. You need not think about the consequences, rather listen to upper management and go full steam ahead.

The job is centered around sales. There is no other way to describe it. It you're a notary, your expected to service the customer and hit your sales goals. There are many bankers that do not want to get their notary license because they feel that it takes up too much time and will not meet their daily numbers.

Advice to Management

Think about the customer instead of your bottom line. How many people really need renter's insurance? Give people time off when they deserve it. People are not machines, and it shouldn't be about "more, more, more, more, more and more."

9. "Wells Fargo Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

They are very flexible especially if you are a college student. After the probation period, they will help compensate for school IF it's work related.

Cons

Your manager will make all the difference. We had a manager that knew how to motivate and made it enjoyable to come to work, but she was replace by another that was a power trip.

Advice to Management

Management should come up with more creative incentives. Sell the idea of a career. The possibility of a career with Wells is shot down if you don't SELL products as a teller.

10. "The best of mediocrity"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Pay is decent for banking at this point in time. 21 Vacation days a year

Cons

Management if you have a degree already. People who are borderline retarded are telling you what to do.

Advice to Management

Get over the power trip.

Showing 10 of 20,094 reviews