Wells Fargo Reviews in Lakeland, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's a simple job"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really respectful. You aren't treated like a piece of meat like most companies treat you.

Cons

It gets very VERY slow during the slow season. Sometimes it makes the day drag on.

2. "Personal Banker II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

The customer are great and there a lot of products to offer. Easy to close loans

Cons

Every item you sell is counted like a tick mark. At times I was told that I could not go home until I met my goal for the day.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging! Listen to the customer. Stop selling them things they don't need, like loans and credit cards.

3. "lead teller"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

great benefits paid time off and sales pay out

Cons

management, sales goals, management is partial to some people

4. "Overall pretty good experience."

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training and good benefits. Focus is on selling as a team. It is easy to collaborate with partners within the company to help make sells goals so inside referral system can be strong. Many ways to cross-sell and develop financial relationship with clients. Great starting point to get into the financial services industry.

Cons

Pay is a little low for industry standard in some job positions. In retail banking CSSRs, Unlicensed PBs, and Licensed PBs have to report to branch manager inside the branch vs. outside Sales Leaders; this creates some micro-management. Company is about sells but should remember to put clients needs above quotas.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management/company......pay more $ to hire better quality employees and the results will show. Keep micro-management to a minimum....When good quality employees are already exceeding their goals a certain degree of autonomy to do their job should have been earned.

5. "Horrible!!!!"

Current Employee - Teller in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Lakeland, FL

Pros

The pay is good. The hours are good, My branch wasn't open on weekends, so I had a good schedule.

Cons

They would pop "call night" on you just before leaving for the day. Meaning they told you, you couldn't leave till later and you had to stay and make calls. If you didn't meet your 3 solutions a day, alot of the times they would try and make you stay an additional 2 hours or so and call people to get appointments. I was on maternity leave and was told by the previous manager many times not to worry about my job it will be there when I got back. Well we got a new manager and was told yesterday my position was no longer available. This all happened after I called and gave them my return to work date and someone had told them a different date. So now I have 90 days to find a job within the company or they will terminate me! Way to treat your employees Wells Fargo!!!

Advice to Management

When you say something, stick to your word. Stop being indecisive, and lying to your employees.

6. "Worst experience I've ever had in banking"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Benefits. Although, that has changed also.

Cons

Employees are not treated well at all. No appreciation.

Showing 6 of 17,801 reviews