Wells Fargo Reviews in Lakeland, FL | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sloan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 356 reviews)

• "No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"" (in 1252 reviews)

1. "It's a simple job"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really respectful. You aren't treated like a piece of meat like most companies treat you.

Cons

It gets very VERY slow during the slow season. Sometimes it makes the day drag on.

2. "Personal Banker 1"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Davenport, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Davenport, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture! If you are looking for a company that promotes a healthy work life balance while offering stability Wells Fargo is the place.

Cons

Management doesn't always practice what they preach. Company is going through both structural and technological changes which sometimes impact the ability to work effectively.

Advice to Management

Lead by Example.

3. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Part Time Teller in Winter Haven, FL
    Former Employee - Part Time Teller in Winter Haven, FL

Pros

Great atmosphere. Sales is something you're going have to get used to. It's pushed but not too hard. There are monetary incentives for your sales.

Cons

They don't hire a lot of full time anymore.

"Life as a banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Haines City, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Haines City, FL

Pros

Good benefits, PTO, incentive compensation

Cons

Sales goals are hard and most times management is not capacitated to do their job.

Advice to Management

Lower sales goals and hire team members with finance knowledge

5. "Personal Banker II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

The customer are great and there a lot of products to offer. Easy to close loans

Cons

Every item you sell is counted like a tick mark. At times I was told that I could not go home until I met my goal for the day.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging! Listen to the customer. Stop selling them things they don't need, like loans and credit cards.

6. "lead teller"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

great benefits paid time off and sales pay out

Cons

management, sales goals, management is partial to some people

7. "Overall pretty good experience."

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training and good benefits. Focus is on selling as a team. It is easy to collaborate with partners within the company to help make sells goals so inside referral system can be strong. Many ways to cross-sell and develop financial relationship with clients. Great starting point to get into the financial services industry.

Cons

Pay is a little low for industry standard in some job positions. In retail banking CSSRs, Unlicensed PBs, and Licensed PBs have to report to branch manager inside the branch vs. outside Sales Leaders; this creates some micro-management. Company is about sells but should remember to put clients needs above quotas.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management/company......pay more $ to hire better quality employees and the results will show. Keep micro-management to a minimum....When good quality employees are already exceeding their goals a certain degree of autonomy to do their job should have been earned.

8. "It is a good start!"

Current Employee - Teller in Haines City, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Haines City, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It provides you with great life balance, benefits, and also a fantastic schedule.

Cons

The pay is very bad, below average of the industry, and the sales goals are too high.

Advice to Management

I would like to remind management that the purpose of a bank is to provide financial services. We are bankers, and there is no need for door-to-doors sales, such as Wells at Work.

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Teller in Auburndale, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Auburndale, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promote from with in, competitive salary, great benefits, management is solid you know who your supervisor is and who is management. Regardless of full or part time benefits are the same through out. All benefits start immediately from hire. health benefits are affordable

Cons

They require sales. This is more of a sales retail job not so much of a banking and finance job. All jobs require selling there is not a position that does not have sales goals. Also most teller positions start at 20 hours and it may take quite a bit of time to get to the next position our to get a full time trekker position.

Advice to Management

Cut back on the high sales goals, make it a more realistic goal.

10. "Horrible!!!!"

Current Employee - Teller in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Lakeland, FL

Pros

The pay is good. The hours are good, My branch wasn't open on weekends, so I had a good schedule.

Cons

They would pop "call night" on you just before leaving for the day. Meaning they told you, you couldn't leave till later and you had to stay and make calls. If you didn't meet your 3 solutions a day, alot of the times they would try and make you stay an additional 2 hours or so and call people to get appointments. I was on maternity leave and was told by the previous manager many times not to worry about my job it will be there when I got back. Well we got a new manager and was told yesterday my position was no longer available. This all happened after I called and gave them my return to work date and someone had told them a different date. So now I have 90 days to find a job within the company or they will terminate me! Way to treat your employees Wells Fargo!!!

Advice to Management

When you say something, stick to your word. Stop being indecisive, and lying to your employees.

Showing 11 of 19,868 reviews