Wells Fargo Marketing Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sloan
  1. A Lot of Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to network within and outside of your department and leverage those relationships for future projects and job opportunities that you may be interested in within the firm. Awesome company culture. Truly appreciates and embraces diversity and inclusion

Cons

Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) -- the financial advisors can be a pain to work with sometimes and very demanding

2. Stability without excitement

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Wells Fargo was a great place for someone that wants a seat to sit in until they retire. The compensations, benefits and stability were excellent, and the culture did seem genuinely compassionate to the communities we served.

Cons

You become so specialized in what you are doing that things become a little mind numbing. I imagine this is the case with whatever large employer you choose to work with. There was very little excitement in the day to day tasks. Also, the stability of the workplace also lead long tenures and little opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Look for new ways to keep employees engaged. Make sure that employees that want to advance are given the opportunity and are shown the correct steps they need to take.

3. Depends on the group you're in

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good benefits, good work/life balance, nice people.

Cons

Low morale, lots of red tape and bureaucracy

4. Marketing Consultant

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Very supportive environment and a focus on personal development. Focus really is on customers and helping them.

Cons

Marketing hierarchy seems to frequently restructure.

5. So many career move options

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Tons of career move options w/ 80+ lines of business. Network w/in like crazy, look for opportunities across the org and you'll move laterally and upward (if you push for it) as you take on big responsibilities. You have to work hard for your rewards, promotions, bonuses.

Cons

Highly matrixed and conservative organization. Hard to get things done and move things forward; especially in tech and innovation space. Leaders don't lead w/integrity or advocate for you. Very political environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams. Understand their work, challenges, opportunities. Be their champions, not their roadblocks.

6. Marketing Consultant

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo for more than 4 years

Pros

Not bad benefits, generous PTO, organization structure looks stable. You can easily strike a balance between work and life.

Cons

Everything is smooth, but slow. You need to have patience to get things done. Also, calling the tech support is like calling the God. Not good for young ambitious people.

Advice to Management

I wish to see more promotion for young people; more advocates for environment sustainability.

7. Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo for more than 2 years

Pros

Colleagues were smart and invested in the department

Cons

Management was not transparent in how projects were assigned, who would be considered for promotions and the hiring process for key positions. Seemed like everyone hired for exec positions all worked at the same previous company.

8. please stop saying "our people are our competitive advantage" if you're not going to treat them like they are

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- flexible work schedules (for appointments, etc) - decent amount of pto - can work remote 1 day per week - diversity is a big focus and there are some fun team member network groups

Cons

- no company culture - no sick days, you have to use pto - it's really hard to move up in the corporate world when you're younger, they focus too much on years of experience - benefits aren't that great

Advice to Management

- value the younger work force that comes in with new ideas - change is good, don't be stuck in old ways - start a mentorship program - get a training program to develop younger talent

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I felt like Wells Fargo really made an effort to live up to its vision and values, despite the challenges of being an enormous organization. Community service and support for local communities was real and team members are encouraged to volunteer.

Cons

It's a really big organization so sometimes decision making could be slow or it seemed like there were a lot of steps to any progress. Patience and positive attitude are required.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. I'm here because it's comfortable

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

stability, solid brand, ability to move to most states, intelligent CEO

Cons

No "culture" for milennials, takes forever to move up and make more money, creativity is limited because of "risk" factors

Found 13 reviews