Wells Fargo Marketing Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 44 reviews

3.1
Wells Fargo CEO Allen Parker
Allen Parker
  1. "Post-Mergers, Firm is doing extremely well and now has solid leadership, very professional, Great community involvement"

Marketing Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

- Good work/life balance - Very professional organization - Solid and skilled leadership - Have brought in some great outside talent recently - Much more passion and heart than most large companies - Excellent community involvement like United Way, Komen Race, Symphony and Art Fair - Outstanding St. Louis HQ campus - Very fair and honest management

Cons

- Being part of a huge company (the bank) makes things move slow - Some office space is dated, remodeling is happening, but not near fast enough - Bank has pushed some odd changes to brokerage - Bank has changed some benefits that were previously outstanding - City has unusual 1% earnings tax, and they are located in the city - While image of the firm is very positive, they could spend more on advertising to... get better awareness

Advice to Management

More communication and more events where all senior leadership are available to the audience (e.g. town halls).

Wells Fargo2011-09-18
  2. "Good people place"

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo has some of the greatest people to work with...smart, helpful, friendly, team oriented. Some managers are excellent. Benefits are good.

Cons

My division's management (not WFC senior management) was indecisive/reactive. This led to pulling things together in short time resulting in substandard quality.

Advice to Management

Check out some of the middle management. Some great, some not. Hold divisional leaders accountable to plans and execution.

Wells Fargo2010-09-09
  3. "Hard Habit to Break"

Marketing Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I have been at Wells Fargo for 13 years. I am sure I could have left for another organization for more pay, prestige, etc. But Wells Fargo is a strong organization that treats it's people well. The benefits are amazing, so much so that I have not found another employer that can compete. As you get older you calue these things more. I am proud of where I work, and barring unforseen circumstances will be here for... the long haul.

Cons

It's a massive organization, it is easy to get lost in the shuffle and getting even the most simple question answered can be a challenge. Once you learn how to navigate this becomes less of an issue over time.

Advice to Management

Take your eyes off the bottom line for a second. We realize that fiscal performance is vital but there needs to be an authentic attention to the the needs and welfare of the team.

Wells Fargo2010-05-18

"Good people with high ideals"

Marketing Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, positive reputation

Cons

Slow decision making and execution by senior management. Little cross-functional accountability my senior management

Advice to Management

Learn the science of maangement, rahter than operating by gut feel.

Wells Fargo2010-03-02
  5. "Wells Fargo is a great place to have a long and varied career"

Marketing Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great work life balance. Good benefits, 5 weeks of vacation. There is lots of opportunity to move around within the company and it's encouraged. Very fair. Formal review process. You always know where you stand.

Cons

Large company with decision making being slow and multi-leveled. It can take a while to get things done. Many people who work there have worked there for years. There seems to be a lot of dead weight. It can be difficult for those who aspire to move from the store branches to corporate offices.

Advice to Management

Empower lower levels of management and make a greater investment in IT.

Wells Fargo2009-02-14
  6. "fantastic company to work for"

Market Research Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

work life balance, friendly, collegial work environment; people generally respect one another and listen to other's opinions. Advancement within the company is prized. Company rarely lays off employees and when does, tries hard to find people something else internally. In most divisions, there is also the chance to take on business initiatives, learn new skills sets, and interface with senior management. Training is... valued with loads of opps to participate in financial services, leadership, or other kinds of courses. Many people you'll work with have been with WF for long tenure - probably the biggest proof of a solid, caring company.

Cons

over value consensus, very slow-moving in decision-making - and thus people who like risk or want to do something new or outside the box are not successful

Advice to Management

consider boosting Asia Pacific presence

Wells Fargo2008-10-09

"Stable company with decent benefits. Senior Management is terrible."

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Exempt employees receive 25 paid days off per year right from the hiring date. The 410K gives a 100% match.

Cons

The management team is very political and much more interested in covering their a** than in actually doing what is right for the company. It's very hard to get anything done due to all the politics. Every manager has their own agenda. If something needs to get done that conflicts with that agenda, it will be made very hard to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Hire/replace management based on merit rather than building a network of political allies.

Wells Fargo2008-08-10
  8. "Satisfaction with WF is very department specific"

Marketing Database Decision Strategies Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wide areas of specialization, not just "banking", lots of opportunities to move within, generally good work-life balance, diversity

Cons

depending on the department and the egos of the managers, or division heads, it can be a tough ride. WF is not a nimble organization, considerable wasted time in getting buy-in and concensus and approvals, etc., etc., etc. Certain departments pay a lot less than others for similar positions. Somewhat siloed operations, too much focus on sales culture, a little top heavy

Advice to Management

get a better handle on managing retail operations, don't focus solely on sales, pay attention to the customer experience

Wells Fargo2008-06-25
  9. "Large company with lots of politics"

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

I would say that overall, my experience was positive. It is a huge company and with that comes lots of internal opportunities. The people I worked with were all very professional and smart. They treated people with respect and you received positive feedback for a job well done.

Cons

Because Wells Fargo is so large, it is very easy to get lost within the structure. There are a lot of company politics and favoritism. People seemed to get promoted based on who they knew and if the right people liked them. Morale was very low and many people left during my tenure. There also was a lack of a career path.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, people can be very honest.

Wells Fargo2008-07-01
  10. "Wells Fargo - big, but it will be around"

Marketing Data Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Work-life balance is good, support for employees is good, benefits are decent. The bank is large, but reasonably well run and conservative, so it will be around for the long haul. It's not going to be the fastest moving, but that is part of it's stability. The people are generally good adn the company does seem to value them more than other companies.

Cons

very large and bureacratic. Compliance issues are a huge headache right now, and if you are reasonably innovative, you will be frustrated many times in trying to implement your ideas. There are not immediate consequences for incompetence or failure.

Advice to Management

Break down the silos...faster than the current initiatives. You can spend a lot of time doing something that others have already done, but in another area.

Wells Fargo2008-06-11