Wells Fargo Reviews in Michigan | Glassdoor

Allen Parker
  1. "Cssr"

in Marquette, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Nonmanagement Coworkerswre very supportive.

Cons

Over saturated market. Bad reputation in the area. Management seemed to be our for themselves.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement. Clearer communication of objectives/consistency....if there is a focus on customer service, but the storenumbers are low, be consistent on the focus of sales numbers in addition to meeting store's numbers. Management could be a little more forthright.

Wells Fargo2016-04-29
  2. "Good for salespeople"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Houghton, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits - 18 days paid vacation starting the first year, cheap dental insurance and reasonable health insurance.

Cons

I am not a salesperson by nature, so I did not like the sales-intensive environment.

Wells Fargo2016-01-28

"Need attention to detail"

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, friendly co workers, good product selection for clients in residential mortgage department. Employees are provided adequate tools and technology to succeed.

Cons

Too big for my liking. I come from a small bank background and grew accustomed to immediate response in order to meet client expectations.

Wells Fargo2015-12-09
  4. "Collector III"

Current Employee - Collector III in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great benefits (health ins, 401k, tuition reimbursement)

Cons

Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Management likes to micro manage and after working their for 8-10 yrs. management finally gave the opportunity to move up.

Advice to Management

Be more with consistent with employees in regards to training and development

Wells Fargo2015-08-11

"Teller"

in Marquette, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Sales are the only concern in the retail store, and the intense sales pressure is often hard on the workers and on the customers.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better, they work hard for it. Maybe it'll keep them around since the selling aspect makes them want to run.

Wells Fargo2015-07-16
  6. "HMC"

Senior Loan Officer in New Baltimore, MI

I have been working at Wells Fargo for more than 3 years

Pros

good amount of leads from websites

Cons

leads are passed to many other HMC's in different regions

Advice to Management

open local branches here in Michigan

Wells Fargo2015-07-13

"Good start of career"

Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo for more than a year

Pros

Everyone was friendly and it opened up many opportunities for me, however, the work was extremely dull. The pay was alright though.

Cons

The work was extremely dull, I could've had that job back in high school, didn't actually take any mental capacity to do the work, like at all.

Advice to Management

Management is very concerned with their own well being, while acting like they actually care about the company itself. I encountered many narcissistic managers in my time at Wells Fargo.

Wells Fargo2015-07-07

"Too big to do anything right"

Home Loan Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

None other than name recognition

Cons

Everything. Too big. Not scalable. Not responsive. Too many bosses. Too many levels of management.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Wells Fargo2015-08-04

"Sold on a sales job"

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Lansing, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Established company with great reputation.

Cons

No room for personal growth and development. Very unethical practices. Low compensation.

Advice to Management

Care more for the customer, or else you will turn around one day and they will not be there.

Wells Fargo2014-05-16
  10. "Challenging and rewarding, but standardized to the point of hurting both employees and customers."

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Service Representative in Marquette, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent career opportunities; in my experience, upper management prefers to promote internally rather than hire from outside. - Good benefits, such as 401(k) matching up to 6%, tuition reimbursement, health insurance (including dental and vision), and stock purchase plans. - In my experience, the work environment was very pleasant and accepting. - Aside from call nights, work was over at 6pm every day, so I... never felt overworked or that I had to juggle my work and my life.

Cons

- Compensation is not as competitive as other banks, base pay and sales bonuses both. - My biggest issue was with Wells Fargo's obsession with standardizing everything. They want all their retail staff to be the same person, and I can say from my experience that customers do not appreciate how obvious it is that the "personal touch" has been lost. - Too many reports. Solution Acceptance Rate, Sales Proxy, New DDAs..., Rolling Fund Rate, Cross-Sell Ratio, Daily Solutions, WOW Service Scores, and Partner Referrals - I had to go over every one of these reports for every customer I interacted with. Needless to say, it took me away from doing my actual job.

Advice to Management

- Trust your employees to do their jobs. - Spend less on report generating and more on compensating your workers.

Wells Fargo2014-02-20