Wells Fargo Reviews in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 356 reviews)

• "No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"" (in 1252 reviews)

1. "Best Year's of My Life"

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good work environment
    - Great pay.
    - Very good location to basic needs and sources of fun.
    - Inclusive atmosphere.

Cons

- Can be rather stressful at times.

Advice to Management

None, the managers I had in my 13 year time at the company were all great individuals.

"well intended company, its what you make it!"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people, convenient benefits. competitive positions, gain strong customer base.

Cons

communications on policy changes, low staff equals stressed environment and people/things get overlooked, social environments can sometimes feel like high school.

Advice to Management

work on communicating, and break down trust issues between management vs tellers..

3. "Inclusive, well organized"

Current Employee - Personal Banker[ in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker[ in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paying attention to employees concern and trying to help with.

Cons

It seems that there is a lack of sufficient vetting to hire people who are really interested in finance and would like to grow within the company. Some of the employees seem to lack the spark that drives them to their best in a genuine way.

Advice to Management

Invest more in hiring and retaining individuals whose interest is in the business field especially Finance and make sure that the values and the long-term goals of the people you hire are in line with Wells Fargo's. On Training, I would say stress more on the value of genuine interest in people combined with sound knowledge of their role. The pay scale is also need a closer look at it. It seems too low to really motivate employees.

"Loan Sales Specialist"

Current Contractor - Loan Sales Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Loan Sales Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Good Management
    Straight Forward Job
    Able to leave work at work

Cons

Company has been involved in numerous litigations and lawsuits in Home Mortgage
    You will be more worked than full time employees, despite making up to 4 dollars less for the same job duties

"Upper management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo treats its team members with respect and throughout the employment lifecycle, provides growth opportunities, coaching and mentoring. In my 15 years there I’ve had managers that care about me as an employee, care about my professional development and care about the customers, despite the recent news on sales practices, It is a fairly flat organization giving people the opportunity to show their value at all levels of management. They truly believe and show it through actions that team members are Wells Fargo’s competitive advantage. I’ve had a lot of jobs in my life and I’ve never worked with a smarter, more innovative and caring company. It may be hard to believe given how the media presents the company, but I absolutely love working for Wells Fargo.

Cons

Because it’s so big, and it takes so long to do things like equipment or systems upgrades, it can feel feel like we are lagging behind other companies.

Advice to Management

Wells Fargo has a very collaborative environment, but that isn’t always the best or most efficient way to get work done. All that collaboration takes time, and time is money....

6. "Best Place to work"

Former Contractor - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was really a great experience working at Wells. They treat even contractor as equal to a full timer.

Cons

No Major cons as such to mention

7. "Working at Wells Fargo is my dream job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The reason i liked working at Wells Fargo was the experience I had the short time I worked there was amazing

Cons

The challenge of Working at Wells Fargo is that they do a lot of counting and making sure everything set up right and count right so you don’t loose money

8. "Web Developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible timings
    opportunity to grow
    Learning opportunities

Cons

Lot of process oriented
    Being in news lately, more restrcted access

9. "If you are a consultant watch out for the exec on floor 8 in St. Louis Park"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues, stress-free environment. Great experience if you are looking for a foot in the door.

Cons

There is one exec from another department who has made it their mission to get consultants fired and has stated so. For months, they have gone around harassing the temps to the point temps move floors, desks, or up and quit because they do not want to be harrassed by this person.

Advice to Management

Teach your executives to respect employees in other departments. Workplace harassment is not acceptable even if you are an executive. Employees in my department were constantly harrassed by one of your executives from the home mortgage division and NOTHING was ever done about it to make them stop. As both a customer and employee I find it alarming and do not want to bank with someone who hires people like that. Fire this person. The average joe would be for such behavior. This person should be too.

10. "Amazing upward growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - Relationship Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Relationship Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management 9.9x out of 10 want you to succeed, even if that means coaching you to work in another line of business / graduate from their team or department. In most eyes, success is success period. The benefits are also wonderful - I believe you start with over 3 weeks of PTO immediately, increasing every several years, and parental leave is 4 months paid or 2 months paid, depending on if you are primary or secondary parent by your own definition. Wells Fargo also tends to hire from within, so any position you start with (i.e. teller) is just a foot in the door and from there, you can work toward anything you want as long as you network and ask for the tools and opportunity to show you want it! They also offer tuition reimbursement for those studying while working, and in other business lines will cover costs of licensing needed for roles. It's also a very empowering company - they care for their communities by giving 2 community service PTO days each year encouraging employees to give back, celebrate LGBTQ and Women's events, and they are accommodating for many religions' holidays in floating time off used for Ramadan, Hanukah, and other important traditions not always recognized by the average American company. Very inclusive!

Cons

Retail (branches) were the black sheep of this company - this is the only line of business where I've experienced a lack of work/life balance, feeling undervalued, or pressured to work beyond my capacity. Now that sales goals are gone, I know there is a better line drawn between motivation and stress.

Advice to Management

I have found that I've worked for a handful of managers who do not properly address conflict. Some managers tend to avoid a poor employee's issues by relying on those that do their job well, but it's a bit of a punishment. My best advice would be to do your best to hold individuals accountable for the good of the team!

Showing 519 of 19,854 reviews