Wells Fargo Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes difficult work life balance" (in 372 reviews)

• "Can be hard to reach sales goals" (in 1273 reviews)

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, all inclusive company for lgbt people, a nice amount of yearly pto. The company itself seems to be well lead and their is a lot of opportunity for growth if goals are met.

Cons

The biggest draw back is the extremely high sales drivin environment, goals are attainable if giving the right conditions and support from bankers and service managers

Advice to Management

Less micromanaging and more product knowledge training. Less compliance trainings on things such as how to let people into a safe deposit box every quarter. These trivial things are not necessary and can be a waist of time in a busy day

"Here is the truth no one wants you to know"

Former Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are actually great if you are full-time. The down side is it can take years to become full-time.

Cons

They hire you as part-time and work you as full-time without the benefits that full-time people have. They lie to customers and to you. They take advantage and then tell you how grateful you should be because of their generosity. Managers do not know how to be managers. They do not know how to motivate and inspire people, they only know how to micromanage and criticize. They also allow you to be stalked and harassed by customers if they have enough money. They even give out your personal information to customers which should be illegal. People with children are given preferential treatment over people who are not. The higher up your position, the less you do in a day. Sitting on your butt at a computer eating is not helping your tellers. Get off your butt and help. Showing up to work, on time, and not being on your phone all day should be obvious qualities. Nope, even the managers spend all day on social media and checking their phones. Part-time people do everything without all the perks and benefits of full-time and the entitled full-time people treat you like dirt on the bottom of their shoes. You can raise your hand if you want everyday to be a living hell and for money to go missing from your drawer. I cannot tell you how many part-time employees were fired because their drawers constantly had money go missing if they did not stay late, did not work full-time, called out any unfairness, etc. Anyone who spoke out was eliminated. If that is not the definition of retaliation then I do not know what was. I have talked to all those people and it is the same broken record story: they hired me as part-time, worked me as full-time, would not allow me to have a second job, did not give me the perks of full-time work, full-time people are always on PTO and I have to work full time to cover their constant absences, and then money started missing from my drawer. I know they are closing something like 3,000-4,000 branches and all those people will be without work because of lawsuits. I also know they are being investigated by the Department of Labor and the Department of Justice for all the crap they have pulled. If you think a company who defrauds customers and lies to its employees will not lie to and steal from you, you are being blatantly stupid. They are all about greed and putting money in their pocket even if it means taking from customers and employees. Morals, ethics, and professionalism do not exist and when you call them out and report them, they will make your life a living hell. Your coworkers will know, gang up on you, harass you, sabotage you, and make you wish you were dead rather than go to work everyday. You will get ahead if you put on a show when Stephen and Nathan are there no matter how unethical, lazy, or hateful you are when they are not there. They are intelligent men and they will figure it out one day. You will be threatened by people you report and they will destroy your career as well as any future in banking. My advice is to never work for them. There are good people who work there but they are outnumber 10 to 1.

Advice to Management

You have no business managing anyone. You are evil, corrupt, dishonest, immoral, unethical, and hateful. I hope the truth comes out and you lose your jobs. What you do to people is criminal and you will not get away with it. Manners, morals, ethics, and professionalism are minimal requirements for being a manager. I have yet to meet one who fits that and I have been to numerous branches.

3. "Great Job!!"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule, guaranteed over time, great pay!, great management and supervisors;

Cons

I don't dislike anything, this is a great job.

4. "Great company in most aspects"

Current Employee - Service MANAGER I in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Service MANAGER I in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid time off
    Competitive salary
    Paid volunteer time
    Needs based selling
    Company passionate about LGBT issues and employee health and wellness

Cons

Trouble with staffing and out of date incentive programs that don't incentivize enough. Many tellers are not paid enough "commission" to keep them engaged.

Advice to Management

If seeking part time employees, make sure to hire enough to make up for scheduling differences. Paid time off is not useful if it cannot be taken.

"STRESS NOT WORTH THE PAY"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met a lot of great coworkers from other branches
    Work life balance is decent
    Great company, if you're in the right market

Cons

The pay and compensation is horrible. As a banker we have to make calls, help the people in the branch waiting, and help assist the tellers. All while the manager sits in the office pretending to be on a "call". Sometimes I'll make 25-30 calls a day trying to drive traffic into the branch. This isn't a call center job but they want you to call like your in a call center. Most days I leave work worried about how I'm going to pay my bill next month. If you don't work for a big branch, you make little commission. If you work at a small branch with a horrible manager, you'll never make it out. The politics in my area are by far the worst I've even seen within any company I've worked for. Wells Fargo says they are a customer focused company, but they aren't. They want you to cross sell and when you do, they deny your customer (for not so reasonable reasons).

IF YOU'RE IN CALIFORNIA, TEXAS, ALABAMA, GEORGIA, OR FLORIDA...CONSIDER THIS COMPANY. EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD PASS.

Advice to Management

Strong leadership is the key driver for happy employees at this company. Wells Fargo doesn't offer great benefits or pay, so the management has to make the job feel worth it.

6. "Good entry level position to get yourself in the door."

Current Employee - Collector in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Collector in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job Security is awesome as long as you do what you are supposed to do, amount of jobs that are available within the company, different places to move to Wells Fargo is definitely all over the place. work/life balance, very understanding managers, supervisors

Cons

Diversity is in question within the question, opportunity to grow is horrible if you have an opportunity to grow then you are definitely on your own in getting to the next level. They are condesceding in wanting to help but when it is time to actually help they leave you hanging

Advice to Management

Help internally to have your employees grow within the company when people are wanting to establish themeselves.

"Stressful, its all about a number not people"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can move up fast in company if you play your cards right

Cons

its all about what you can do for me today, forget what you did yesterday, very aggressive for checking accounts, they want you to do whatever it takes just to have a number

Advice to Management

focus more on the customer truly meeting the customers needs not management s needs which is dda's

"Unappreciated"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with good benefits and solid bank products

Cons

Upper management does not value good employees. It's all about sales and if you can't hit the numbers, you're out!

Advice to Management

Consider quality not just quantity. They need to invest in the Nashville market. Customers want convenience and don't want to have to drive 30-60 minutes out of their way to go to the bank. Some of the prior Wachovia locations are very bad and need to be moved to areas where they will be more successful.

"Unfair distribution of financial rewards"

Former Employee - Pension Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Pension Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Bonuses all go to senior management, despite hard work done by lowest levels.

"Potential to be a great company to work for depending on DM"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker II in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker II in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has the best benefits I have seen (I have work for 4 different banks). Big bank - safest bank in the US (not going anywhere). Great products... You Have every single financial service you can think of... And more! Great resources and easy software to learn and navigate, good incentives. Good also for Hispanic people - great products designed for them,.. So it's easier to get sales etc.

Cons

As a big company is harder for them to focus on the customer sometimes. Doesn't have free checking accounts per se. Goals are the highest of any other bank I have work. But when you had a good work environment and a good manager, those goals are not such a big deal. But be careful who in are getting as a manager and district manager - they can make this great company a living hell. (reason why I left this great company). They tend to focus more on sales sales sales and not on the customer. They want you to sell everything to everybody without caring if it's the best for the customer, I couldn't compromise my integrity anymore and I had to resign. It was hard because I really liked the company.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the customer and less to selling. The focus should be loving every single customer that walks into the branch and not how can I sell everything I can to every single customer that walks into the branch. You will get more customers and will sell more in the long run by doing this...

Showing 16 of 20,910 reviews