Wells Fargo Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 356 reviews)

• "No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"" (in 1252 reviews)

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, all inclusive company for lgbt people, a nice amount of yearly pto. The company itself seems to be well lead and their is a lot of opportunity for growth if goals are met.

Cons

The biggest draw back is the extremely high sales drivin environment, goals are attainable if giving the right conditions and support from bankers and service managers

Advice to Management

Less micromanaging and more product knowledge training. Less compliance trainings on things such as how to let people into a safe deposit box every quarter. These trivial things are not necessary and can be a waist of time in a busy day

"Never trust them and do not work for them"

Former Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Teller in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits if you can receive them

Cons

Congress, an attorney, and Mr. Sloan himself are currently looking into my termination. As soon as I left I informed them of what happened and they are launching a full investigation. My advice is to watch your drawer and they system at all times. Money will go missing and there will be no explanation for it. If you complain about anything including their misconduct and file any complaints or raise your hand they will make everyday a living hell for you and money will start disappearing from your drawer. You are damn right I am not going down for something I did not do without a fight and you should not either. Contact congress and tell them what Wells Fargo has done to you so that others know they are not alone. I have heard stories of retaliation and money missing from dozens of people and it is going to stop. People have the right to tell the truth about the company they work for without destroying people's lives with lies. There is no reason with cameras etc that money just goes missing. It is blatant retaliation and a heinous act of indiscretion toward any person to make them look incompetent or like a thief to hide your indiscretions. I hear it to much and I ask that others join me in standing up against a corporate bully that is wells fargo. No matter how good, kind, hardworking, etc you are they will find a way to get rid of you if you do not do whatever they say even if it is immoral, unethical, or illegal. My good name and other people's good names will see the light at the end of the tunnel and their scamming way will be revealed. I hope you lose your jobs and I hope they put you in prison for the things you have done to destroy other people's lives for telling the truth and being honest people.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to care. We all know your games and have watched you do it to customers and to employees, we are not stop and you will not get away with it. Congress and Mr. Sloan will find out and it will be your job and livelihood. Remember the truth always comes out and the skeletons in your closet will come out. There are a lot more dishonest people than good people. Congress should fire everyone who was employed while the scandals were going on and require they clean house in all branches.

3. "Great Job!!"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule, guaranteed over time, great pay!, great management and supervisors;

Cons

I don't dislike anything, this is a great job.

4. "Great company in most aspects"

Current Employee - Service MANAGER I in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Service MANAGER I in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid time off
    Competitive salary
    Paid volunteer time
    Needs based selling
    Company passionate about LGBT issues and employee health and wellness

Cons

Trouble with staffing and out of date incentive programs that don't incentivize enough. Many tellers are not paid enough "commission" to keep them engaged.

Advice to Management

If seeking part time employees, make sure to hire enough to make up for scheduling differences. Paid time off is not useful if it cannot be taken.

"STRESS NOT WORTH THE PAY"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met a lot of great coworkers from other branches
    Work life balance is decent
    Great company, if you're in the right market

Cons

The pay and compensation is horrible. As a banker we have to make calls, help the people in the branch waiting, and help assist the tellers. All while the manager sits in the office pretending to be on a "call". Sometimes I'll make 25-30 calls a day trying to drive traffic into the branch. This isn't a call center job but they want you to call like your in a call center. Most days I leave work worried about how I'm going to pay my bill next month. If you don't work for a big branch, you make little commission. If you work at a small branch with a horrible manager, you'll never make it out. The politics in my area are by far the worst I've even seen within any company I've worked for. Wells Fargo says they are a customer focused company, but they aren't. They want you to cross sell and when you do, they deny your customer (for not so reasonable reasons).

IF YOU'RE IN CALIFORNIA, TEXAS, ALABAMA, GEORGIA, OR FLORIDA...CONSIDER THIS COMPANY. EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD PASS.

Advice to Management

Strong leadership is the key driver for happy employees at this company. Wells Fargo doesn't offer great benefits or pay, so the management has to make the job feel worth it.

6. "Good entry level position to get yourself in the door."

Current Employee - Collector in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Collector in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job Security is awesome as long as you do what you are supposed to do, amount of jobs that are available within the company, different places to move to Wells Fargo is definitely all over the place. work/life balance, very understanding managers, supervisors

Cons

Diversity is in question within the question, opportunity to grow is horrible if you have an opportunity to grow then you are definitely on your own in getting to the next level. They are condesceding in wanting to help but when it is time to actually help they leave you hanging

Advice to Management

Help internally to have your employees grow within the company when people are wanting to establish themeselves.

"Stressful, its all about a number not people"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can move up fast in company if you play your cards right

Cons

its all about what you can do for me today, forget what you did yesterday, very aggressive for checking accounts, they want you to do whatever it takes just to have a number

Advice to Management

focus more on the customer truly meeting the customers needs not management s needs which is dda's

"Unappreciated"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with good benefits and solid bank products

Cons

Upper management does not value good employees. It's all about sales and if you can't hit the numbers, you're out!

Advice to Management

Consider quality not just quantity. They need to invest in the Nashville market. Customers want convenience and don't want to have to drive 30-60 minutes out of their way to go to the bank. Some of the prior Wachovia locations are very bad and need to be moved to areas where they will be more successful.

"Unfair distribution of financial rewards"

Former Employee - Pension Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Pension Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Bonuses all go to senior management, despite hard work done by lowest levels.

"Potential to be a great company to work for depending on DM"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker II in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker II in Nashville, TN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has the best benefits I have seen (I have work for 4 different banks). Big bank - safest bank in the US (not going anywhere). Great products... You Have every single financial service you can think of... And more! Great resources and easy software to learn and navigate, good incentives. Good also for Hispanic people - great products designed for them,.. So it's easier to get sales etc.

Cons

As a big company is harder for them to focus on the customer sometimes. Doesn't have free checking accounts per se. Goals are the highest of any other bank I have work. But when you had a good work environment and a good manager, those goals are not such a big deal. But be careful who in are getting as a manager and district manager - they can make this great company a living hell. (reason why I left this great company). They tend to focus more on sales sales sales and not on the customer. They want you to sell everything to everybody without caring if it's the best for the customer, I couldn't compromise my integrity anymore and I had to resign. It was hard because I really liked the company.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the customer and less to selling. The focus should be loving every single customer that walks into the branch and not how can I sell everything I can to every single customer that walks into the branch. You will get more customers and will sell more in the long run by doing this...

Showing 16 of 19,895 reviews