Wells Fargo Reviews in North Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Extremely underpaid, as well as individuals in management are not qualified to uphold those positions"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker/Brokerage Associate in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits but terrible pay

Cons

Everything but the company "benefits"

Advice to Management

Restructure!

2. "Huge company, small heart."

Current Employee - Teller in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Teller in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wish WF would volunteer to be featured on "Undercover Boss"! Best reasons to work here is nation wide name recognition, meaning it's likely one can stay with the company should one need to relocate.

Cons

We've had extenuating medical issues, ( surgeries, hospitalization, death) arise in our family with several of our family members which were completely out of our control. No one on any level displayed any tangible care, expressions of humanity....not even a card. Very disappointed.

Advice to Management

Take time to show care and concern about your ailing, bed ridden employees!

3. "Unethical, demeaning, used car sales lot type environment"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have to list at least five words for pros

Cons

There are no upsides to working for this financial institution. Upper management manages through fear. Sell or heads will roll, we don't care how you do it just do it! 4 and 5 sales calls a day early morning (630am) workshops to teach you how to call customers and scare them into an "appointment" at the branch. Praying on elderly with high dollars in there accounts and moving their funds to 6 year CDs because it gives them PROXY they NEED proxy. Issuing credit cards and lines of credit to people unknowingly. "Sign here we are upgrading your debit card to a card that gives you points". Well you are thinking "just report it" yes did that and guess what NOW YOURE on the chopping block and being harassed and mistreated and being forced to stay until 8pm pulling reports. Upper management doesn't care about anything but their incentive check. Tellers and bankers are in their cars at lunch "when they get a lunch" crying because the environment is so bad.

Advice to Management

Care. You don't care about people you care about profits. I get it you are a for profit institution, but there are better ways to get to number 1 and this isn't it. The regional and branch management you employ at the retail level as the face of this institution are disgusting vile human beings

4. "If you do well and get to know your district.You will do fine"

Former Employee - Teller in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Teller in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities,benefits and pto the moment youre hired.

Cons

Goals are extremely high,bonuses arent that great.Your bonus can pretty much be in the hands of your coworkers.

Showing 4 of 17,415 reviews