Wells Fargo Reviews in Oceanside, CA | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 360 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1256 reviews)

"If the company continues down this path, it wont be great for long"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Oceanside, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Oceanside, CA

Pros

If you have a good branch manager, it can be a a great job. It wont matter if your district/regional managers are incompetent. Good room for promotion if you meet the sales goals, paid time off covers dependents sickness, Competitive salary when compared to other banks.

Cons

Company does not know how to handle a weak market. Sales goals contiune to rise (150% of goal) when compared to last year. Micromanaging increasing as 2 new checking accounts per banker per day is still a requirement even though tough opening restictions turn away all those that may have had single overdrafts at other banks or a CREDIT (not bank) history challenges when the nation is a financial regression.

Cash balance plan (incentive retirement plan) that was a competitive advantage over other banks has now been taken away, rewards and bonus have been restricted because of bad publicity.

Advice to Management

Well how far up the ladder am I reaching? By striving to annouce a phenomenal profit this year compared to the rest of every corporation in the entire nation you are changing entire the corporate culture at every level.
    One year ago this was the best company I have ever worked for. It still isnt the worst. But moral is decreasing, bankers are becoming misleading & pushy to what customers we do have to make sales, and managers are so stressed.
    Can you encourage your district/regional to stick with the goals orignally set this year and not the 150% that they think will get them promoted while the entire country seems to barely hanging on?

Showing 1 of 20,115 review