Wells Fargo Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not much of a work/life balance (in 348 reviews)

• Management and sales goals are hard to achieve (in 1233 reviews)

1. "Employee Experience"

Former Contractor - Student Loan Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Student Loan Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

everyone is friendly, company culture

Cons

strict policies and attendance schedule

"An Abusive Company"

Former Employee - Lead Teller/Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Teller/Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my coworkers were fantastic, especially at the smaller branches I worked at. There were some really great managers there, though they did not last because refused to abuse employees and customers to please upper management.

Cons

Every negative thing you have read about Wells Fargo for the last few years has been 100% true. Middle management pushed abusive sales tactics to meet unrealistic sales goals while upper management turned a blind eye. I eventually had to leave after the rampant nepotism allowed enough unqualified and inexperienced people to occupy places of power within the company at every level.

Advice to Management

Quit or retire

3. "phone banker"

Current Employee - Premier Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Premier Banker in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits
    easy to get into
    401k match
    can move up quickly
    flexible hours

Cons

low pay
    lots of traffic
    favoritism
    shady business practices

4. "Collector 2"

Former Employee - Collector II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Collector II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were great. Good benefits . Team environment with all the help you need for growth and learning. The metrics and bonus structure was not fair. No matter what, if the department improved and started bonusing, the metrics just got harder and harder to bonus. The call monitoring was not fair and would pick your calls to pieces, no matter what.

Cons

You never felt like you were doing good enough. They wanted perfection all the time in all metrics which is impossible. Pay very low. Raises were insulting, lowest I have ever experienced. like 1%, not just me, but most.

Advice to Management

Pay employees better and make employees feel good about their job. Pay attention to your attrition rate and look at why so many good people are leaving.

5. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very good benefits package. the new CEO gave employees 4 extra holidays to use with your PTO in 2017. pay is pretty good and love the tuition reimbursement.

Cons

the company is kind of a mess when it comes to helping the customers. I have found extreme difficulty in the process of calling down for help to our hotline, and being transferred way too many times. they need to take a look at who manages these areas and give them some coaching.

Advice to Management

I would say that managers who run the branches get way too much leeway, causing disaster in the branches.

6. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Although there has been negative press regarding the company lately, which only represents a few of the employees, this is a very good place to work. the majority are ethical, company wants what is best for both the employees and customers. benefits are great, and the company provides stable employment.

Cons

more telecommuting options for positions where could be done, sometimes production goals are not realistic, exceptional workers should receive more pay and reviewed.

Advice to Management

upper management to receive input from team members performing the work.

7. "A Perspective Like No Other"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like going to the circus, every day, I smiled, I laughed, could not believe ANYONE would take this company or any job there seriously. Every time the manager would teach me something, I would look at him with this expression of complete disbelief, he would laugh his you know what off and say "Welcome to Wells Fargo!" The people I worked with were great, but my God, that company, is every bank that way? The unrealistic goals established by idiot manager's managers was beyond mind bending. A pro? Um, my crappy pay showed up on time, I guess that's a pro? Knowing I wouldn't be staying, I loved it, like getting paid to go to the circus. My best day there? A few tellers had a difficult time staying awake one day (because of the drugs they were shooting up in their cars on their breaks, not kidding ;-), a client walked up to 1 teller and screamed "WAKE UP!" and the teller practically fell of their stool, it was absolutely priceless!

Cons

Co-workers on drugs, at work. 6 people working in roughly 300 square feet of space? Dirty work environment. The smart customers that understood how to use a bank would never sit with anyone to discuss product offerings, as the product offerings were awful. In this day and age, why would anyone use a bank? Brokerage firms have banks and credit unions are 10x better at what they do.

Advice to Management

Time to fast forward into the future, brick and mortar is a complete waste of shareholder's money! Robots, automation, NO EMPLOYEES is the wave of the future! Your goal is to get that stock price going North, get er done!

8. "Wells Fargo Bank- personal review"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 401K, and career options

Cons

Cost cutting in many departments leading to lay offs.

9. "Great company, not so great leadership"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo Bank vision and values are great ad the company truly cares for their customers but the message is distorted as it trickles down the upper leadership vine. Good benefits for employees but the pay is not great when you are in lets say mid-state of your career.

Cons

annual pay increases are about 1%, incentive packages do not align with what you can control, at least in my role. Favoritism is played. Not really a lot of help when you need career advice; have websites to visit but maybe an actual person to talk to would be more beneficial. My manager is not to savvy at giving career advice

Advice to Management

Care more for your employees and give opportunities to other age groups other than baby boomers.

10. "Student loans"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits is the only thing I can think of

Cons

WF doesn't drug test! You better fit in the clicks. No loyalty, sell or get out. Interest rates too high. Be careful and watch your back. I worked with one person who only spoke to me once in three years.

Advice to Management

Pull your head out of the sand and get back to reality. Don't lie to employees.

Showing 261 of 18,818 reviews