Wells Fargo Reviews in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance; in-branch work schedule (in 307 reviews)

• High pressure based on sales goals that seemed unattainable (in 1152 reviews)

1. "The Advisory division is not the Bank division even though Glass door makes me choose the bank"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Investments in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Investments in Plano, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo Advisors is a fantastic place to work as an advisor. They give us a lot of support to help our practice and take care of all the due diligence, etc so I can have faith that the investments we use have been vetted. They have a very strong compliance division, which protects the clients, and they are strong financially, which means they don't have to take on risks.

Cons

When part of such a large corporation there will always be someone who does something wrong somewhere. Unfortunately that catches the eye of the news and even though it is in a different division, people assume that it infects the whole company.

Advice to Management

I wish the name of the Advisory division was not the same as the Banking division. Bank of America keeps the name of Merrill Lynch so that people know they are separate divisions. We are lumped together, with the banking division which has been a negative lately.

2. "Teller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an easy job and my supervisor was nice

Cons

The work can be boring because it is repetitive.

3. "Growing company"

Current Employee - Network Operations Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Network Operations Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work. I enjoy the culture and friendly people. Schedule is flexible.

Cons

My first manager was great, then we had a restructure that put me under a new team and a first time manager.

Advice to Management

Don't Micro-manage employees

5. "Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Securities Ops Service Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Securities Ops Service Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for giving back to the community

Cons

Difficult getting transferred within the firm, you have to apply and go through the entire process as if you're not already an employee. No loyalty

6. "I had an overwhelming experience"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

The company's name brand stands out the most. It's very well respected and it's been an honor to represent the brand.

Cons

The cons of working for Wells Fargo advisors for me was simply the size of the company. I had a difficult time moving around the company.

Advice to Management

Move new employees with a team quickly

7. "Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits , 401k match up up to 6%, affordable health insurance and employee discounts ; example phone companies (AT&T 25%off monthly cell bill etc) , opportunities to do volunteer work in the community with u peers.. It used to be in the past a LOT about selling more and more product to each customers now they are redirecting their focus on asking questions and need assessments on the customers and even the bankers tracking and sales compensations sales changed. That help bankers focus more on the customer .

Cons

Banking industry don't pay. Most of the time is about who u know vs how well you perform . Life Balance - salary range 35k-43k ( average after commission and that's selling more than average ) about only 25% of the bankers reach payout based on sales, I will say about aprox 30-35% of bankers receive payout based of the branch total customer satisfaction survey results

8. "teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Plano, TX

Pros

good pay and space for advancement

Cons

more hours than i prefer

"EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED"

Former Contractor - Engagement Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Engagement Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Wells Fargo appears to be a good company and many of its employees are professional and hard working. The team I was working with and also the employees and managers I shared office space with were very welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Cons

Some management displayed a sharp contrast to the culture that Wells Fargo purports. The hiring manager had grossly misrepresented both the job title and the job duties for positions in which contractors were hired to fill. Management did not value or support the internal advancement or furthering of professional certifications and education for both employees and contractors on the team.
    Management would totally transfer their managerial power to one of the analysts and create a non-formal manager title of Team Lead for that individual. With such a transfer, management would neglect their duties by spending countless days away from the office and avoid direct interaction with the Engagement Managers.Management at Wells Fargo exhibits a rigid command and control culture of employees and contractors following unorganized processes and obeying condescending directives without question or concern, otherwise they will face immediate termination and quickly be labeled as unprofessional. New contractors have had their level of experience and professionalism devalued and belittled and the division VP as well as HR appear to condone this behavior. Being treated like a child and having one's talents and professional credibility both belittled and maligned by management of this division is not only insulting, but reflects a total lack of professionalism and level of ethics on the part of these individuals and Wells Fargo collectively.

Advice to Management

Instead of continually acting as a buddy towards your Sr. Management, the VP of this group and above needs to step up and be a leader, thus properly managing the group and its management to avoid misalignment of company culture, abusive treatment of employees and contractors, misrepresentation of job functions and favoritism. Under the current command and control culture management is fostering and condoning, this behavior is causing the reputation of both the group and of Wells Fargo to become tarnished beyond repair.

10. "Pretty decent place to work"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of internal training, great opportunities to network

Cons

Very strict sales goals and rigorous quotas to meet

11. "I worked there for over 6 years"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Plano, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are very flexible with helping you when you have life changes. The benefits and paid time off are great.

Cons

Too much pressure for sales. Focusing too much on sales versus customer service.

Advice to Management

Lower the sales goals and focus on customer service.

Showing 16 of 16,257 reviews