Wells Fargo Reviews in Provo, UT | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Bank Teller for WF"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Orem, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working with a very disorganized company, I got a job as a bank teller at Wells Fargo and really appreciated the organization and clear expectations set for employees. Now that sales goals have gone away or at least decreased, I wouldn't hesitate to work at Wells again because I appreciate the value and respect they give to their costumers and I liked being a part of that. The pay was good.

Cons

When I worked there, we had some big sales goals that I struggled to reach. Now that the company has done away with that for the main part, I think it would be a perfect place to work.

"I Couldn't Think of a Better Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Service Manager II in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Service Manager II in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo truly is an amazing company to work for. With all of the negative attention Wells has been getting lately, it hasn't been easy. But the company is behind their employees 100% and has made incredible changes for the better. I have a great Branch and District Manager who offer support and want to help me grow. Work/home balance is good, I make the schedule. I am not micromanaged and get to coach my team as I see fit. Benefits, PTO (3 weeks because I've been there for 3 years), paid holidays, 6% retirement contribution matched, all of that is great. But probably my favorite part is all of the advancement opportunity and how quickly you can move up in your career. Technically it's a year before you're allowed to be promoted, but that's not true. I got promoted 4 times within 2 years. I had managers really go to bat for me to get promotions and that's a good feeling having your managers behind you. Wells Fargo is really an amazing company to work for. I hope I'll be with them for a long time!

Cons

The company works well with college students, but as a manager that can be tough. It makes turnover an issue, I wish there was a bigger pool of applicants for teller positions. But that's not really the companies fault persay. Also, Service Managers typically run the branch, we could get paid a little more money. The pay isn't bad, but could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive and do what's right for your employees. By standing behind them, helping them advance and fighting for them, you're creating a great atmosphere!

3. "WF"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Spanish Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Spanish Fork, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, good benefits

Cons

Lots of turn around with employees

"Lead Teller"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Springville, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

-Wells Fargo is so large that they have just about every product and feature available, which is a big draw for people to open new accounts and for cross-selling

Cons

Because they are so large, sometimes the overwhelming amount of internal information made it a long process to find answers/resolve problems for customers. It often involves calling multiple departments.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication from district and area management directly to non-management employees

5. "Personal Banker 2"

Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Provo, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay seems to be roughly competitive compared to other financial institutions. Also, you learn a lot about basic banking and personal finance.

Cons

The culture can vary pretty significantly depending on who your manager is. The problem is that the hiring strategy isn't really focused on hiring excellent managers, but on promoting top performers - who may or may not be great leaders. Additionally, Wells Fargo does a bad job of allowing an employee to expand their interest or go beyond their very specific tasks. Micro management is a huge issue on the retail banking level.

Advice to Management

Corporate management is always pretty impressive, but something gets lost in translation and doesn't filter down well to lower level managers.

"Lead Teller review"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Provo, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company in terms of training and they really want to help promote you within the company.

Cons

Wells Fargo recently changed the starting pay for tellers to $13.50 which is only $0.50 less than what they typically pay lead tellers who are often helping train new tellers.

7. "Teller"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Orem, UT

Pros

Great company, great pay, great experience.

Cons

Poor management, mainly the branch manager.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.

"Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Provo, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Multiple Career Options
    - Great Benefits (PTO, Insurance, 6% 401k Match)
    - Wants to help clients have a successful financial future

Cons

- Stress Changes from branch to branch
    - Advancements can be political

Advice to Management

Look to create an equal atmosphere throughout the company.

9. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Teller in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, really good benefits and time off, even for part time employees.

Cons

A huge focus on sales

"Great Company, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Service Manager II in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Service Manager II in Provo, UT

Pros

Training: you will get some of the best training on the market. You learn things that really make a difference in all interactions with people.

Cons

Management: That training can be taken in many ways and is often taken in a way that you must offer products that aren't always necessary. Management twists things to get employees to do things that are sometimes unethical. But the company is SET UP to be EXTREMELY ethical.

Advice to Management

Train you employees to become more fiduciary than sales people. Your customers will be happier and your employees will feel better about actually doing the right things for the CLIENTS rather than the PRODUCTS.

Showing 33 of 18,096 reviews