Wells Fargo Reviews in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 356 reviews)

• "No "product sales goals" have been replaced by "branch growth"" (in 1253 reviews)

1. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Vice President Business Development in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, goal oriented and fast paced

Cons

Work life balance and opportunity for advancement

"Micromanaging and quick to throw the book at you."

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co workers. Although somewhat off balanced energy in the sense that I think the micromanaging of employees will take a toll on anyone’s sanity and sense of self if you take it for so long!

Cons

The micromanaging truly made me lose who I thought I was in the process. All the amazing life experiences I have had with customer service at other jobs, I was unable to bring them to the table and let ME SHINE. You have to “shine” according to script and it becomes robotic as heck! It made it so difficult to connect with customers on a human to human experience because the constant shadowing and micromanaging of the manager behind your back making sure you followed step A B C of their outlines script. Yes. Script. The steps of SHINE represent smile, handshake, introduce yourself, and so on. I can’t even remember now but you’ll be required to remember on the job which made it extremely mind clouding to juggle a robotic script while being a human at the same time. I think a lot of my customers could sense the insincerity in the way we threw pitches at them and it would create a strain of energy within myself and how other employees interacted with one another. I understand that a bank needs procedure, safety guidelines, protocol, but scripts??? If someone can make it through 2-3 intense interviews, I would think that the new employee’s ethics and character would be permissible to allow for individual growth.... but NO. Might as well hire anyone off the street with no customer service background, character or integrity because well, the script will get them in line with our vision! Prior to even working with WF, my family (who left banking with WF) would be frustrated with the phony over zealous “here to help” robotic mentality they portray. It’s a smoke screen. Let your customers shine in their special ways and in their God given gifts and if you see anything that is unethical then realign the mentality of the employee. Don’t clip the birds wings before you see how far they spread! Unfortunately WF hires these amazing people on board with the company to just surprise them with scripts and breathing down their backs, it is insulting as well as ridiculing. I am a very adaptable person but this place requires you to be used to maladaptive tendencies. Listen to your employees.

Advice to Management

Relax!!!

"VP Financial Crimes"

Former Employee - Vice President Financial Crimes in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Vice President Financial Crimes in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salaries, pay is somewhat high.

Cons

Many people are not good people, don't have people skills.

"Investment Advisor"

Former Employee - Investment Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Investment Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, ability to move up, lots of events that you get to attend with customers, lots of PTO

Cons

It was high pressure in the sales arena, but sounds like that has changed quite a bit

Advice to Management

Listen to your branch employees on the front lines for suggestions, usually our opinions were just ignored

"PB2"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being employed. Many of the customers.

Cons

Toxic environment. Bankers and manager with no scruples. Financial Advisor not being supervised. No privacy for customers. If you say something to HR you will be a big target. Retributionis accepted.

Advice to Management

Clean house from managers boss o down.

6. "Could be better"

Current Contractor - Credit Investigator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Contractor - Credit Investigator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

No micro managing
    Clear project direction

Cons

Lack of transparency
    No continuing education

Advice to Management

Tell your employees what your strategy is, could be beneficial

"Ehh"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

National perks and discounts, good amount of paid time off, decent salary for external hires.

Cons

Political environment, expiring paid time off with little carry over, no holiday bonus, team metrics with no individual metrics for promotion, promotions based off managements opinion of performance, poor HR team and assistance for team members.

Advice to Management

Individual metrics should be considered on numbers and interactions, not off opinions. Lessen the political environment so advancement is based off merit instead of opinion.

8. "Collector 3"

Current Employee - Collector in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Collector in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. The money. 2. Benefits. 3. Corporate Discounts

Cons

1. The hours are a bit much. They change your schedule suddenly and then you are forced into the schedule or. You have to quit or work the hours given. They up and change your bonus structure without warning and you go from making great money to a prorate bonus. They single out certain teams and mistreat the others. It's a decent job if you are not looking for anything long term inn that environment but they will advance u quickly

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally. And start to. Practice what you preach because they still are conducting illegal practices

9. "10+ years in sales, client management and equipment negotiations."

Current Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k plan is competitive, job role autonomy is a big plus and team members and community involvement is very good

Cons

In 2017 the company completely redesigned the comp plan. Currently it is not competitive in the industry and heavily favors the company v the employee

Advice to Management

Competitive commission structure

10. "Home Mortgage Consultant"

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits package, medical coverage is comprehensive, 401-k match is healthy.

Cons

They are the biggest, so with that comes all the red tape, as the scrutiny on them is the highest. Latest scandals don't make them look good as a brand. Commission structure is not competitive, especially if the loan is a refinance of a current wells fargo mortgage. Similar to other big banks commission package. If you want to earn more money, you need to work at a smaller company, broker banker etc. who will pay you more basis points for self sourced business. Wells Fargo provides a fair amount of leads, but pays you significantly less because of this. You could make as much money or more on one or two loan closings somewhere else, as you could with four or five at Wells Fargo.

Advice to Management

Pay higher commission percentage, better loan fulfillment operations.

Showing 121 of 19,705 reviews