Wells Fargo Reviews | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sloan
2,656 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees.

The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available.

Highly engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time.

Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company.

No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

2. "Wells Fargo Treasury Management Program Associate"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

I wanted to share my experience about the Wells Fargo Treasury Management Associate Program. It was an amazing experience and opportunity. I am so grateful to Wells Fargo and my positive and empowering team of managers that have taught me so much. They have truly changed my life and my career path. A big “Thank You” to them for all that they do in helping make Wells Fargo such a great company.

Cons

I truly do not have any Cons to contribute to this review. My experience has been positive and uplifting.

"Ample Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Phone Banker II in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Phone Banker II in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wells Fargo treats each and every employee as an asset by encouraging employees to continuously learn and grow both individually and as a team. I have never worked for a company that focuses so intensely on supporting its' employees through coaching, mentoring, and encouraging career development.

Cons

The only cons involved in working for Wells Fargo involve those barriers that employees may create as a result of poor adherence to schedule, or not reaching out to ask questions when necessary.

Advice to Management

Most always do, but make sure to say good morning to each and every one of your team members! It really makes a difference and makes being at work feel like being home!

"Good place to work if you are in the "in" crowd"

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Note: As with all large companies, there are so many different experiences you can have depending on your role and your manager. YMMV. I worked in corporate finance as a portfolio manager.

Good pay, good resume builder, smart and capable co-workers, smart and sophisticated corporate clients, great PTO, 401(k) match, always something to do. You will learn a lot, especially if this is your first job. Lots of opportunity for advancement if you take advantage of it.

Cons

Shrinking benefits, expense cutting, too many middle managers shuffling work to subordinates, health insurance not the greatest, takes forever to get any changes implemented, outdated technology systems, constantly being audited by internal and external groups since banking is so highly regulated.

If you are the teachers pet you get favorable treatment. Play the game if you want to win.

Layoffs were occurring around the time I left, resulting in tense/negative work environment as managers threatened employees with "anyone could be next". The work environment was much more positive when I started, but as the group grew and more layers were added, things went downhill as the environment became more political.

Advice to Management

Reduce middle managers if you want to get rid of expenses quickly as the company is top-heavy. Need a better publicity campaign to help with all the negative press.

5. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Operations Processor II in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Operations Processor II in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture and benefits

Cons

None at the time I worked there

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

6. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy work and good pay

Cons

You get a salary increase one a year.

7. "Review"

Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Limited growth potential and salay increases

Advice to Management

Listen to staff

"Great Company but has a glass ceiling"

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work, job stability, wonderful customers

Cons

Upper management has favorites which limits advancing opportunities. It’s based on your strong performance and client relationship building. One of the strongest in my region and constantly told I had to wait for management experience.

Advice to Management

Put better upper management in the picture that want to help create new leaders and career development opportunities.

9. "Business specialist"

Current Employee - Small Business Specialist
    Current Employee - Small Business Specialist

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company great benifits good people

Cons

Pay could be better but nothing else

10. "Always looking forward"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is always looking forward and trying to stay on the cutting edge of the banking industry. It has strong processes and outlines to help establish roles. Strong benefits with a very competitive 401k plan, tutition reimbursement and great PTO given.

Cons

Wells Fargo is going through a very dramatic change process and has made it difficult to help customers with the focus being on making regulators happy. This has turned into a difficult time because you have to jump through multiple hoops to do basic things for customers.