Wells Fargo Reviews | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sloan

16,351 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Ample Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Phone Banker II in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Phone Banker II in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wells Fargo treats each and every employee as an asset by encouraging employees to continuously learn and grow both individually and as a team. I have never worked for a company that focuses so intensely on supporting its' employees through coaching, mentoring, and encouraging career development.

Cons

The only cons involved in working for Wells Fargo involve those barriers that employees may create as a result of poor adherence to schedule, or not reaching out to ask questions when necessary.

Advice to Management

Most always do, but make sure to say good morning to each and every one of your team members! It really makes a difference and makes being at work feel like being home!

2. "I love this company, and am proud to work here."

Current Employee - Phone Banker Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Phone Banker Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Wells Fargo is such a large company and so diverse that your opportunities for advancement are almost limitless. Professional development is highly encouraged and I'm great friends with my co-workers and work in a great environment. The 401(k) plan here is pretty nice and the pay isn't too bad either.

Cons

My department is in a corporate environment, so although no one will ever come right out and say it, money is always at the root of each change made. Management can be difficult to contact at times because they're forever in various meetings.

Advice to Management

If I had to give advice to Senior Management, it would definitely be more honest with employees as to why changes are made, the "That's on a need to know basis" response helps no one.

3. "Great place to get your first job"

Former Employee - Phone Banker in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Phone Banker in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

There are countless opportunities in the company. If you want to completely change your career path you don't have to leave the company and the supervisors are very enthusiastic about helping you with your career path and coaching you individually to help you get there.

Cons

The pay is slightly less than what other companies offer for the same position and the hours are often not standard. Because the company is so big you often don't find out about major changes in procedure or other significant information until after they have taken effect. Many times you never get official notification and only become aware of the changes through water cooler conversation.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees informed, there should be no surprises for them. If you deliver news to your team and they are completely shocked, something could have gone better.

4. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Pros

It is a company with integrity, strong values and excellent treatment of their employees and customers.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep an open feedback loop from the front line troops.

5. "What I love about Wells Fargo!!"

Current Employee - Teller in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Teller in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

The best reason to work at Wells Fargo is the career opportunities they offer. They teach so many things to help you advance in your career.

Cons

The downsides would be the high sales goals which sometimes are impossible to reach because some of the branches don't get as much traffic and are the same people everyday.

Advice to Management

Overall they do a great job but some need to not be so caught up in their own personal life all the time and watch over the teller line to coach us more so we can reach our sales goal.

6. "Wells Fargo Home Mortgage IS THE LEADING LENDER for financing and for employment!!!"

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Clearwater, FL

Pros

It is a great company to work for. The upper management staff is very supportive and they treat us with a great deal of respect. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a very diverse company and cares about there employees and their customers. They are very careful to only do loans that are good for the customer. They have great benefits at a very low cost and they also recongnize all of us all of the time. This is the best company to work for by a long shot!!!

Cons

I have yet to find one. It is an awesome company to work for and to work with!

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking the time to listen to your employees and for constantly making change. Change can be a pain sometimes but Change is imperative so we can stay on top of this changing market. I enjoy working for you and hope to continue for years to come.

7. "Forget the rest: if you're trying to find a solid company in an uncertain field at a precarious time, there is NO other."

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

One of America's Great Companies.

Cons

It's a large corporate environment.

Advice to Management

The expectations and operations need to conform to our Vision and Values.

8. "Wells Fargo, what a great place to work."

Current Employee - Store Manager in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in College Station, TX

Pros

This is a company that encourages team members to learn as much as possible and there is constant conversation around my career path. As a manager it is a feather in my cap to have one of my employees promoted. I really would encourage anyone with a drive to apply and start their career or second career with Wells Fargo, if you work hard, the sky's the limit. The benifits package is as good as I have seen in the market and that includes four weeks of personal time a year. As well as the prestige of working for a Fourtune 50 company. So that is why I would recomend Wells Fargo Bank to everyone.

Cons

This is a hard one for me, because I really don't have a lot to say that is negative as far as Wells Fargo goes. I guess the first thing that I would say is that there are managers that become so obsessed with sales that they run off good people and they can even put so much pressure on the employees that they resort to unethical behaviors, which IS NOT what Wells Fargo is all about. Sometimes upper management overlook a questionable behavior in exchange for a sale. There is a lot of pressure to make sales numbers so there is a lot of stress on an individual. I guess that is what I would say the downside is to working for Wells Fargo.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management is to have all of our store and district managers go back to teaching customer service, and then sales. Because if we take care of our customers first, they will naturally come to us when they have a banking need. So in a nut shell, we need to get back to customer service.

9. "There is no better place to work or bank! We care about your future."

Current Employee - Sales Development Consultant in Central, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Development Consultant in Central, AZ

Pros

Every aspect of Wells Fargo makes it a great place to work. All of the team members from Senior Management down are talented and amazing to work with. WF is a company that is all about developing its team and helping them be successful; all while focusing on the financial needs of its customers. I am proud to work here. I have been here 13 years and have had unlimited opportunities to develop and grow!

Cons

None come to mind. It is an amazing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing; the structure, the customer focus, and the conservative lending focus are helping the team meet customer needs and do what is right.

10. "I love working for Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The benefits are great, working for Wells Fargo has helped me to realize a dream of owning my own home and has helped me to start saving for my retirement. Wells has now begun working with the boomers - offering us seminars on how to retire, how to network within the company, how to stay employed after retirement, balancing work and personal life etc. I only wish I had started working for them earlier in my life.

Cons

Sometimes communication of new policies and procedures is not well done, being a big company it is hard to make policies that work for everyone. However that is getting somewhat better.

Advice to Management

Give more information to your admins so that they can keep the managers informed.

Showing 16,351 of 17,076 reviews