Wells Fargo Reviews in Saint Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not much of a work/life balance (in 348 reviews)

• Management and sales goals are hard to achieve (in 1233 reviews)

1. "Sr VP"

Former Employee - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and personal development programs. Plenty of opportunities to develop deep expertise in one area. Conversely an associate can choose to work in several areas to find the best fit.

Cons

Recent negative publicity does not reflect high quality of associates. Management needs to communicate the positive features of the firm.

2. "Discouraginng"

Former Employee - BSC in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - BSC in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO, pay, and health care benefits

Cons

Manipulative and missleading management

Advice to Management

Don't post a job to an external candidate and hide what the real priorities are on the job. Or let's say don't advertise it is a BSC job when it is realistically a full time testing position. Be more realistic about resource requirements and what skills you really need.

"No future; no leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company; cheap health insurance

Cons

No career development. Lack a management leadership and ethics!

Advice to Management

Get all new management!

4. "I felt Discriminated Against"

Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company with good benefits...if you are hired on. Other than that they have a nice coffee shop and cafeteria and the Food Trucks are nice

Cons

I was the only woman in the department shortly after a full-time woman employee left. When she left I asked if I could sit in her spot so I could be apart of the team...I was stationed about 8 cubicles away so I was really not able to get good training because I was not with the team. However, they hired a male contractor and let him sit in the opened spot, he was trained way better than I was and he also got a better shift even though I asked specifically to work the early shift as soon as a spot opened...which it did but went to the new contractor. I could go on but it would be a book. The Application Team was so upset I was leaving they were not even my Boss but they knew I worked hard and if it were not for them I would not know much about my job. But they were trying to get funds in time before I left but it did not happen so I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 18 month contract crap...it is not fair to the teams involved in the project who is trained and ready to go...just to turn around and hire another person and train and hire another person and spending extra time and money that these surrounding teams do not have.

5. "Great Location....Leadership needs an overhaul"

Former Contractor - Senior Technical Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Senior Technical Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor

Pros

Great location, and others business units were very professional and great to be around.

Cons

Upper leadership hire managers that are from other countries/cultures to manage US born citizens and then they try manage them from another state. When I was a contractor, this manager spoke abrasive, yelled and was disrespectful towards me in front of the team and others and should not have been allowed to keep his job. He ended my contract after one month after I complained to the ethics hotline about his behavior, and WF management did nothing to him.

Advice to Management

If the President of the United States have to be born here to run for presidency which is the tp leadership role, don’t you think you should think about who you hire in a leadership role?

6. "Solutions/Digital Advisor"

Former Employee - Solutions/Digital Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Solutions/Digital Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting place if you don’t have any financial experience.
    Solid training program to get series 7 & series 66 licenses.
    Access to 401k, profit sharing, 6% match.

Cons

Low pay.
    Mediocre- & Micro- management.
    Much of your time will be wasted on unproductive meetings, huddles, and town halls.
    Minimal financial and investment education.
    Cubicle work environment.
    High turnover (I was there for almost 3 years and I’d say 65% of the employees were out the door within a year not because of firings but because they realized the job sucked and they just had to get out).
    This is by know means a financial advising job. It’s more of a client servicing role that gives you the ability to recommend high costing investment products to clients after you take care of their many service tasks.
    Also many of our clients are extremely low income so there is limited opportunity for financial guidance and they are often very difficult to work with.

Advice to Management

So much I don’t even know where to begin. But I think if there was a bridge from this call center role to a branch advisor role (where you get to work with clients face to face) then you’d have a lot more retention within the company instead of people leaving Wells Fargo to go do that at another firm.

7. "Trading Representative in the Client Contact Center"

Former Employee - Trading Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Trading Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good support environment for future development in the Client Contact Center. Compensated fairly well.

Cons

It's a call center job so efficiency is highly favored, sometimes to the point of not being very understanding when people need to take bathroom breaks.

8. "It was okay. Nothing to brag on. Didn’t really acknowledge contractors. Just there to get Work caught up."

Current Contractor - Operations Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Operations Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work. Off on the weekends. No stress. Desk area big and spacious. Work was pull as you want. Never overwhelm with Work.

Cons

Contractors don’t get acknowledged. Sit away from the department you were contracting for and barely acknowledge by the team. No benefits.

9. "Financial Consultant"

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and Nice Gym (although you had to pay for it)

Cons

No job training, meetings and then some more meetings, hours were different everyday, high stress, lots of mismanagement and power struggles. High turnover in the area I was in and for good reason. Wrong people promoted to leadership/Manager roles that were not well suited for the positions.

Advice to Management

Don't put people in management positions that are not stable - you will continue to have a revolving door of people coming and leaving a position.

10. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Good co to work for

Cons

Bad lunches at lunch time

Advice to Management

Do good

Showing 189 of 18,843 reviews