Wells Fargo Reviews in Saint Petersburg, FL | Glassdoor

Allen Parker
  1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Every single person you come across will bring something positive to the table.

Cons

Management takes lunch at the sametime.

Advice to Management

Don't take lunch together

Wells Fargo2018-05-22
  2. "Banker"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

They reimburse you for your degrees if they are business or finance related which is awesome. They offer full benefits and have decent pay. I would definitely recommend people to banking that are comfortable with long hours indoors in an office setting.

Cons

You have to fight for a pay that youre comfortable with, the corporate structure doesnt have enough wiggle room, theres a lot of room to move up until store management and then it becomes very difficult to move up. Tellers will be a thing of the past at all banks in another ten years.

Advice to Management

Incentivise management to move quality people laterally and diagonally up the company rather than just straight upward movement.

Wells Fargo2017-07-02
  3. "Operations Clerk"

Former Employee - Operations Clerk in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Good Benefits: 401K matching 6%, PTO, Bereavement, Education Reimbursement, Health, Dental & Vision, Life Insurance Job Security Large footprint for transfers or job shadowing Many positions

Cons

Extreme stress levels Poor work-life balance Inept organizational structure Poor executive leadership Questionable business practices Pay raise structure

Advice to Management

Company has an investor 1st culture, resulting in compromised business practices and poor work-life balance. Needs a smaller scale organization restructuring with better employee empowerment to improve.

Wells Fargo2016-12-07
  4. "CSSR"

Former Employee - CSSR in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo for more than 2 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to advance within the company, great benefits, great customers, a lot of team outings on the districts/regional levels expense for "learn points"

Cons

Upper management contradicts them selves, don't give credit where it's due, pushy on meeting numbers (tho attainable with strong consistency)

Advice to Management

I've seen multiple team members go above and beyond wearing many different hats (w@w, pb1's get introduced as a business banker or "specialist") with not getting the deserved pay.

Wells Fargo2016-05-19
  5. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great atmosphere, phenomenal benefits, co-workers were very fun to be around. Work parties/long time friends.

Cons

The company, at least my branch seemed to be too focused on making the sale without paying attention to what the client actually needs. My manager at that time was also more focused on shoving a pizza down her throat then helping me figure out why I was out of balance. My co-worker was more helpful than the manager.

Advice to Management

Recognize those that try their best. Don't push on products that will harm clients

Wells Fargo2016-02-02

"Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Desk job, customer facing, some helpful organizational and verbal cues can be learned from higher ups, decent benefits

Cons

I hardly know where to begin. This is a VERY underpaid position for the stress and diversity of what's expected. We have to deal with everyone that has questions mortgage credit whatever but we don't work in those departments. Yet they expect extreme sales quotas while servicing all these non sales customers it should be two different jobs sales and service. There's a lot of pressure low pay and customers are angry 75%...

Advice to Management

We wear too many hats as a banker. There should be sales and service and each is trained and excellent at each and you pass service people to sales for "reviews" before leaving. I'm an amazing salesperson and I don't want to deal with the service side they are either angry or depressed over a loss of loved ones. We are VERY underpaid to take on all of this and as an excellent sales person I intend to leave and make double...

Wells Fargo2015-10-15
  7. "I was a Banker."

Former Employee - Banker in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours, and coworkers were the only positives to this position. Grossly underpaid staff. Availability of multiple locations & free banking for employees.

Cons

Training was a joke, hiring process took almost a month! Goals breed a used car lot t type atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Train your employees

Wells Fargo2015-05-05
  8. "Mortgage Loan Officer in the St. Petersburg Florida Office."

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

People are think it matters that they have accounts with Wells Fargo. They apply for a mortgage thinking makes and difference and it will be easier. Ha! Wells does not care about their customers. I got tired of beating my head against the wall. Nothing changes or gets better at Wells Fargo.

Cons

They cannot get a loan through the system and close it in less than 60 days. First Time Home Buyer loans come last, and they put other loans in front of the. NO RUSHES ON BOND LOANS. They do not care about closing dates or customer/Realtor relationships. Glad I left.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone in the Lake Mary site. Care about customer, and real customer service instead of your own bonus.

Wells Fargo2014-11-02

"Great for advancements, tought on the soul"

Current Employee - Banker in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

If you do well, you can move up.

Cons

Goals are ridiculous(inherits bad ethics); micromanaging to a whole new level, low pay if your promoted from within

Advice to Management

Drop the goal, and the micromanaging.

Wells Fargo2014-04-11

"NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER"

Former Employee - Teller in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

the money, but it's not worth it! the half-time workers get half the payout for the same amount of work.

Cons

Bad (HORRIBLE) management, everyone is stuffed in one room for. 9-10+ hrs a day, social security/disability checks every month WILL be the death of you. Did I mention solutions don't sound like a big deal but THEY ARE TO MANAGERS AND DISTRICT! literally I felt threatened to preform, and put down constantly by my immature know-nothing bank manager. Had no manager managing the tellers which they are supposed to have one...

Advice to Management

Advice to HR, when the whole teller/banker team is talking about how many times the manager has been reported to HR, it's time to look into it! Advice to higher managers, don't higher a manager for a store if they are not qualified! Our manager has never been a teller or a banker, he just got the job and knew nothing!

Wells Fargo2014-04-30