Wells Fargo Reviews in Sandy, UT | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not much of a work/life balance (in 348 reviews)

• Management and sales goals are hard to achieve (in 1233 reviews)

1. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Research/Remediation Analyst in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Research/Remediation Analyst in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job security and somewhat competitive pay for the state I'm in. Benefits aren't too expensive and seem to be decent for the price you pay

Cons

Support from management is extremely lacking with this company. Management is more concerned about general appearances of the department as a whole rather than whether employees actually enjoy their job and are being developed how they want to be.

Advice to Management

Cut back on in-office politics and focus more on developing promising employees

2. "Financial Crimes Specialist"

Former Employee - Financial Crime Specialist II in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Crime Specialist II in Sandy, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice covered parking

Cons

Lack of team work, extreme pressure on performance goals.

Advice to Management

Management should encourage teamwork.

3. "Regional Services Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Services Manager, Utah in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Regional Services Manager, Utah in Sandy, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate Vision &Values were closely aligned with my own. Company Leadership at the very top of the house are committed to integrity and talk about transparency and dedication to Team Member Engagement and doing things right for the Customer. Number one priority is supposed to be about the relationships we build with our Customers and providing each wtih a superior Customer Experience. I had 27 years of service with Wells Fargo. I started as a drive up Teller at age 22. I built a career in financial services and had been managing a Region and a direct team of consultants for the last 15 years in support services. I loved my joband plannrf to retire with Wells Fargo. I rnjoyedy team, my partners and peers and my manager very much. I was exempt and worked 50 plus hours a week with about 25% travel. I did it happily even though my work/life balance was a struggle at times. I talked the talk and walked the walk of our Corporate Leadership and was successful iny performance and drove results with my team and my partners iny region. Plenty of PTO and super health and wellness benefits I began to appreciated as my health suffered from the long hours and high ecpectations. Iwas given volunteer opportunities in community support ontop of my regular job expectations and assigned developmental projects that I loved, such as serving as a Member of the Diversity & Inclusion council, an Enterprise priority, but was time consuming as well.

Cons

While Wells Fargo is committed to their Visions & Values at the very highest levels of leadership, they also give a lot of discretion to the Regional levels of management and below when it comes to ensuring there is integrity in the message and in the processes that support the message which results in vast inconsistencies across the foot print especially in how Team Members are treated by HR and their Direct Managers. For me, my Region was part of a geographic realignment four years ago that resulted in a change of management for me. I had reported to the same Sr. Leader for 15 years and supported my Region through the merger with Wells Fargo on her team. Overnight I was out of her Super Region an in a new Regoin, this has become the rule at Wells Fargo rather than the exception in the last 5 years. The problem is what my former manager recognized as my strengths, my new manager found to be gaping weaknesses despite my successful performance. Long story short, I have been micro-managed and picked to pieces by this manager until he finally felt justified to terminate me in January 2015, not re-hirable by the way. No severance no nothing. I disputed that and after 90 days was offeted full re-reinstatement, reprting right back to the same manager. I had no alternatives with "not re-hirable" ony employment history, so I went back. It has bern difficult, no one has made it easy, not my team, not my partners and certainly not my manager. I have had a handful.of supporters I have been very appreciative of. But about a week ago, my manager called me at home and terminated me again, out of the blue. Cited a Code of Conduct violation complaint. No specifics given, no questions asked. Not re-hirable again. The end. Benefits end at the end of the month, he is having my personal office items shipped to me. So there it is. Career over, opportunities to continue a career elsewhere, slim to none.

Advice to Management

To Corporate Leadership: your Senior Leadership is doung exactly what they want, and sometimes it has nothing to do with what is right, for anyone.

"An unethical manager can ruin it for everyone and will likely not be dealt with"

Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Sandy, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- 401K plans match to 6% and occasionally 8% with discretionary profit sharing
    - You get to provide helpful financial solutions to customers
    - If this is your first real job, there's lots of promotion opportunity within retail
    - Other banks respect Wells Fargo sales training
    - Bank hours and 18 days of PTO from day one

Cons

- Manager's goals may not be closely aligned with your own. So they may want you to do what makes THEM the most money, even if it doesn't make you much.
    - Too much attention and scrutiny to WOW (customer service) scores. Also, poor team performance lowers your individual rating
    - You'll get managers that will encourage you to do illegal things. In my area, a lot of these managers have seen promotions while their misdeeds have been disregarded. I had one advise me to run credit card applications for customers without their knowledge. I spoke to my District Manager about her, and she got promoted a few months later.
    - Store managers are occasionally advised to tank a year to recalibrate unrealistic goals. Annual goals are 3% of previous year performance. This causes managers to move stores.
    - Customers are usually better off financially getting their products from other banks/CUs. Lots of fees, high APRs, low APYs, and hoops to jump through.
    - Retail banking is a dying industry for Gen Y and Z
    - Too much focus on process metrics like Customer Needs Assessment and Mid-Session Reviews
    - The insurance sucks now. It was good until Jan 2012.
    - Hard to move out of retail or into high paying retail jobs, because people stay in them a long time.

Advice to Management

Clean out all the crooked Service and Branch Managers. See that talented and motivated retail workers have opportunities beyond the branch level.

Showing 4 of 18,838 reviews