Wells Fargo Reviews in Santa Monica, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "WFCF"

Former Employee - Bankig in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Bankig in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Relaxed
    Very comfortable
    Good benefits
    Good Compensation

Cons

No room for growth
    management not interested in teams

Advice to Management

NA

2. "Systems Analyst"

Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work with Microsoft, SQL, MS Dynamics CRM, IIS, and other systems applications. Wells Fargo provides plenty of training for all employees. The work environment was excellent for SQL Developers and SQL DBA's. Will re-hire good employees!

Cons

Need more IT openings in Los Angeles and Orange County with in-house training.

Advice to Management

Please hire more US Citizens.

3. "Business Resources"

Current Employee - Business Process Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Business Process Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. A lot of community support events.

Cons

The pay is too low and executives are too conservative.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy. Engage in their lives more.

4. "Great Company"

Former Contractor - Business Process Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Contractor - Business Process Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There some very smart people working at Wells Fargo. The company offer a really good work environment and perks.

Cons

The disconnect between application development team and Enterprise causes problems that impact the software development efforts.Additionally, specifically to the team I worked with, they didn't have good onboarding procedures.

Advice to Management

Create more meaning engagement between Enterprise IT team and product development team in the business units to minimize the impact to their software development efforts.

5. "Accountant"

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very charitable, donates to many charities and matches employees donations. Very diverse workforce with various groups for women, lgbtq, Asian American, etc... Good work life balance, overall a fun place to work with great benefits.

Cons

Typical politics you see at most companies. Must be a part of the "in" crowd to be able to get promoted.

6. "FAP - Capital Finance"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable hours, great work culture, great learning opportunities, great employee retention (probably due to high company morale).

Cons

Lateral movement seems difficult if you're interested in levfin, dcm, ibd, etc.

Advice to Management

Training is awesome, culture is great, it's a very enjoyable place to work at. Keep up the good work!

7. "Contract Consultant at Wells Fargo Capital Finance"

Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There's a great team spirit in the particular group where I worked. As a consultant I normally expect to work in a cubicle. Instead I was given my own office (great for those times when you want to sneak a quick nap!) It's a laid-back place with a bottomless coffee maker and a giant TV always tuned to CNN or ESPN, where we'd all meet casually during the day. At any moment during the day I could hop downstairs to the supermarket across the street for a yogurt or a Starbucks or a banana. This particular branch is located in Santa Monica with a parking garage downstairs. I never felt as if I was working in a bank because there were no tellers. This particular branch did nothing but lend money. Some of the sums lent were staggering -- e.g. $1.8 billion(!), $50 million, and so on. You could make your own hours, come in when it was most convenient, leave whenever you wanted, so long as the total added up to 8 hours. And of course there are nothing but good things to be said about Santa Monica--the climate, the California lifestyle. Now that I've completed my contract I know I'll miss the place and the people.

Cons

In the time I was at Wells Fargo, I wrote 22 installation manuals totaling more than a thousand pages. My only complaint was that they did not invite me to participate in the programming sessions. Technically, it was not necessary for me to sit in on those sessions, but normally clients ask me to sit in on those sessions as a courtesy. That's what enables me to expand my knowledge of IT. It was a great assignment, they gave me excellent reviews, but the job did not lead anywhere.

Advice to Management

The "Cons" I just entered above can serve as advice for managing future consultants.

8. "Personal Banker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment depending on your branch. Competitive pay. Solid benefits. 18 days of PTO in your first year. Real good exposure to sales.

Cons

The most unethical retail bank in the USA. Poor management from higher up, branch managers just follow orders. They'll push you as hard as possible to sell but will hang you out to dry if you need their help. The only way to advance in the company is to be unethical, you can do it the right way but it will take you considerably longer time to do it.

Advice to Management

Promote quality, hire quality. Ease off the bankers, you need them more than they need you.

"Unrealistic sales goals, shady business practices"

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new people every day is nice, and it's great when you actually meet your goals. The bonus compensation is decent.

Cons

The high pressure sales tactics make the work environment very tense. There's always favoritism, which makes a lot of employees feel under appreciated. Managers encourage shady sales, like opening customers new accounts when they clearly do not need them, and tricking the customers into signing up for a credit card by calling it overdraft protection.

Advice to Management

Constructive criticism is much better than constantly putting employees down about their work.

10. "Wells fargo company osnt bad but it isnt GREAT"

Former Employee - Teller in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The potential for growth within the company is great! you can start as a teller, go to lead, then Customer Service Rep, then a personal banker 1 PB2 in a manner of 2 years! Its an okay salary in those positions too. My branch manager started out as a teller as well so promotions are really good.

Cons

They pressure you with sells goal too much!

Advice to Management

Relax with the talk of solutions

Showing 17 of 18,064 reviews