Wells Fargo Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Business Banker"

Former Employee - Business Banking Relationship Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Banking Relationship Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

18 days of PTO your first year and you get it increase to 23 on your third. They match up 6% of your 401K.

Cons

Health insurance is too high. Retention is a problem with Wells Fargo. Employees are in and out of the bank. I work in a branch for 2 years and saw 8 of my coworkers left Wells Fargo. Short staff every quarter. You work a lot of overtime.

2. "Credit analyst"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

I work with some nice people

Cons

No room for growth and poor salary

"I used to love working here."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working here a long time will get you good PTO and benefits.

Cons

If you are in management you are treated like dirt. The image of team members being valuable, is just an image. The reality is much different.

"Home Mortgage Consultant"

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Great insurance benefits, time off on the weekends.

Cons

I was not told what the salary was, or the bonus structure until the 1st day of training. They make it seem like it is easy for you to hit bonuses, however it is not. Processing literally will not work a file. They have all of 7 processors assigned to 25 Mortgage Consultants, and the processors are heavily over worked. Processing works from 5am-2pm, and mortgage bankers are not scheduled until 8 so the whole afternoon when bankers are working files, processors have left for the day.
    The company does not allow you to do Jumbo loans, or employee loans. You basically have to become best friends with management in order to be granted access to the "Home Team" they call it. Aside from that, you are only going to fund a max of 5 loans per month. Which they only pay you $300/loan. If you have a call monitor and you miss 1 piece on the 2 random calls per month, your bonus for call quality goes out the window.
    They have it set up to where if you fund 1 -2 loans they pay you $200. 3-6 loans they pay you $300 on purchase transactions. If you have 100% application quality, and 100% call quality, they multiply your bonus by 40% for each piece. (40% for calls, 40% for app quality) so you could potentially make $540/loan. however they mark you off for absolutely everything and it is near impossible to hit. Just a heads up, base your expected income off making $300/loan.
    They also have a rotating saturday and sunday shift. So there is a potential you could be scheduled to work 12 days in a row. I busted my butt working there, working 50hr weeks, taking 30min lunches and did everything management wanted and never got placed on the home team, or had the ability to do jumbo loans. I worked there a year and a half, and my highest bonus was only $2,200. Please do not fall into their trap. I hope i can help someone else make a better choice in company, especially if they have offers on the table from Chase or Loan Depot.

Advice to Management

Stop the whole buddy system to get on the Home Team, and the ability to do jumbo loans. Hole processing accountable for missing close dates and do more to work for your bankers rather than play the blame game, and push us to open more bank accounts for customers without them knowing. Management is ALWAYS gone in meetings. Literally, it was like lord of the flies. We were all on our own and had to figure it out by ourselves. Stop the senseless meetings. We dont need to schedule a meeting, just to schedule the next meeting about what we are going to talk about in the next meeting.

5. "banker"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

a lot of customers for business

Cons

manager always on you to do more

Advice to Management

n/a

6. "Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, you can get promoted and make more money

Cons

some work saturdays as a business specialist i don't.

7. "Teller"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Great entry level experience into the financial world
    Promotes within
    $12+/hr

Cons

Management is not supportive in directing you when to move up, but expects self driven employees.
    Heavily sales oriented

8. "Bailey Denny"

Current Employee - Teller in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Teller in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about my job is definitely my coworkers and my customers. I love everything about interacting with customers and working with amazing people.

Cons

The hardest part of my job is the sales aspect of it. I would prefer to converse and build relationships with my customers opposed to selling them products.

Advice to Management

The management at Wells Fargo is great, i truly do not have any advice to give.

9. "Outbound Sales Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a stable company and big name

Cons

Micro managed. Send out emails every hour to get going do better. Zero support or new leads till every 3 months. Horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Get a clue on where you want this department to go.

10. "Implementation Consultant"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company, good pay, advancement opportunities for those that are willing to put in the hours, commitment to diversity

Cons

Layoffs, long hours, work life balance is non existent, decent PTO policy except that you end up working on your days off including bereavement days

Advice to Management

Work life balance needs improvement in the technology area, your "overseas" employees are not worth the trouble and are not saving money when you look compare quality

Showing 30 of 18,060 reviews