Wells Fargo Technical Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance may be challenging Fing in the first couple years" (in 390 reviews)

• "Micromanaging, unrealistic sales goals" (in 1286 reviews)

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Technical Services Specialist II in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Services Specialist II in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, great management. They really care and the support is great. I have never had a better manager than when I worked at Wells Fargo.

Cons

There is not a lot of room to grow quickly in a company like this. If you're in a certain pay scale but qualify for a job that pays more, they may offer you the job but not the salary you would be offered if you were coming in from the outside.

2. "Summary"

Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

3 weeks paid time off.

Cons

Conservative pay compared to industry.

"Technical Service"

Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

People are Very friendly and there is a warm atmosphere.

Cons

Rules change constantly. Targets also change at the drop of a hat.

Advice to Management

Targets should only change once or twice a year.

4. "Technical service specialist"

Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and the posibility of telecommuting

Cons

Schedules are not very good.

"If you hate yourself this place is WONDERFUL"

Current Employee - Online Technical Services Representative and Sales Specialist in Concord, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is slightly above the normal pay grade and this is the ONLY good thing about this company everything else you could think of is bad

Cons

Management is horrid, now I can only speak of branches in the bay area and Call centers in Concord C.A, So they only promote based on sales no matter what the job is, if you can sell it's yours..... so the management are people who really don't know how to handle a team or fix ANY issues at all(ask a manager a question generally they send you to someone else because they are only good at sales) and they're all afraid to speak up because they will be blacklisted(this is a direct quote from a manager) and given the worst hours or just flat out fired, Wells Fargo fully believes in the method of pester you to sign up for stuff until you break and say yes or just say yes to humor people (go ahead call wells see how often you get transferred and how often you're sold to), The atmosphere in the company is one that slowly kills your humanity. So all in all this is not a good company to work for and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Advice to Management

Fire all of your current managers, stop sending jobs away from california to north carolina just so you can save money, the quality of people you get in north carolina is far less than C.A
     treat your employees better and stop worrying about your shareholders

6. "IT Department"

Current Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Most managers are pretty laid back.

Cons

Low pay and raises, promotions, and new postions pay based on percentage of current pay. Need to do a lot of networking to move up. It's all on who you know. Don't accept a lower position to get in to company.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they should be paid and have better incentives for employees who do well.

"Like a real life Dilbert strip."

Former Contractor - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Contractor - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent employee benefits, not the greatest by any means, but I have seen far worse. Cafeteria food isn't too shabby either. The company name will look good on your resume when you are looking to leave or your contract is up.

Cons

Over-reliance upon contractors which leads to near constant re-training of new "staff" and filling positions. Long time first level Tech Services Specialists barely putting forth any effort to solve problems all while trying to retain adherence to semi-arbitrary metrics. Many emails, conference calls, reports, and other tasks which must be done by a set date/time and aren't read by the person they're being sent to.

Advice to Management

I worked as the only second level Technical Services Specialist on a project for the Home Mortgage division. The software I worked with was fine despite the occasional problem, what wasn't fine was the management and corporate culture. I was told by my supervisor on my first day that while I was a contractor, she (my supervisor) would totally understand and was OK with me applying for permanent jobs as this job wasn't likely to go permanent. I showed up on time, did my work, went the extra mile, and worked to correct some of the mistakes made first level Tech Services Specialists who clearly hadn't read any of the documentation provided to them. As I made every attempt to do this honestly I was instructed to give false and misleading statements to employees who were looking for information as to the status of their tech issue, all in the name of "they'll lose faith in our ability to solve their problem if we say that we don't yet have an answer". All while the attitude I got from the people I helped (the people who were bringing in the money for the company) was that any help - even a partial answer, was better than no help at all.

The final kick in the teeth was being told that my looking for other jobs (something which I was encouraged to do by my supervisor) and a "lack of focus" which was unusual as my focus was something which my supervisor often praised; was the reason for me being let go from my contract. This is not a way to treat people who have the knowledge and expertise you need to get the job done. It makes about as much sense as serving poisoned coffee to the pilot and co-pilot of an airliner high over the ocean and then expecting to get to your destination safely without any problems.

Bottom line: stop relying so heavily upon contractors. They have the mindset of a mercenary and company policy is to retain them for up to 18 months and either hire them or let them go into a 6 month "cool down" period before they can be considered for work there again. This is an atrocious policy and is giving your company a bad image among jobseekers, both temporary and non, as word gets out. When the cafeteria staff seem to have better job security than your "employees" do then you know it is time to re-evaluate your priorities.

8. "A very fair employer"

Current Contractor - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Contractor - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very good, understanding, work environment. Would run another contract with them again in their internal tech help desk.

Cons

Too big into stats, not enough into quality in my opinion.

"Hated my job after Wachovia became Wells"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Its a job... So I get a paycheck

Cons

They constantly keep throwing new responsibilities on you without even having a discussion about a pay raise. Its too the point now where I'm doing the job of 3 people and still getting the same pay I was getting 3 years ago.

10. "Wells Fargo OCS"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Concord, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

was able to move fast through the comapany ranks, excelling gets noticed, managment is great with a few exccptions.

Cons

reached the top of where I can go in this division the only way up is out, so they could have more internal positions but over all its ok