Wells Fargo Reviews in Texas | Glassdoor

1. "Costumerservice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time

Pros

I am interested to help wells Fargo grow up. Also help my self plus wells Fargo costumers.

Cons

It's always better to my self,people,country

Advice to Management

We all should realize that wells fargo can grow up faster if we help people, country thin we all will have a better future, people, country, wells fargo.

2. "Mortgage Banker"

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not Pros to working for this company.

Cons

Training is horrible, management are all "yes" folks, there are too many layers of management so nothing gets done. No accountability...processors and underwriters takes weeks to respond.

Advice to Management

Learn how to actually manage.....listen and act on feedback

3. "Loan Recovery Specialist"

Current Employee - Loan Recovery Specialist I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Recovery Specialist I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great competitive environment, Great incentive bonus, Awesome room for growth

Cons

lack of affirmation for excellence, snake like mentality

Advice to Management

Encourage success of all Team members, Don't rebuke those who show a greater aptitude than you do. Actually attempt to embody the qualities WFDS professes to believe in

4. "Loved the job up until scandal"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisor or welcoming and have good personalities always willing to help when needed. Two supervisors stood out to me more than others as far as going above and beyond to ensure your success and actually seemed concerned about life outside of work. I haven't had any close contact with the other two Sup but there team members feel as if the have gotten the short end of the stick. With there demeaning comments and matter-of-fact attitudes. But far the most put its a easy job that you can do with your eyes close. And if you get fired it because of you!

Cons

The schedule was not a big deal first joining the company because we stayed busy on the phones. Since after the big scandal the downloads have been super low and it's hard coming in most days when your on an auto dialer to call and welcome customers but after calling new accounts more than 7-10 times within one week seems a bit excessive. That's not just me it's also the customer feeling harassed and the staff feeling horrible for continue to call the same customer to receive a welcome call that's not so welcoming after dismissing the call all week and finally answering only to curse the agent out for the nonstop calls you would think we are bill collectors. We do understand how important our roles play in the company we the first defense to detect fraud but lately if QA is really monitoring our calls accordingly they hear the anger customer responding negatively to being called so many times. It's really hard for us not to feel our jobs would have longevity not with the accounts we receive each week. I hope the new staff that's put into place have a strategy to make us successful again. The pay is low for call center but it's easy brainless work. I have seen quite a few people leave my department I think management welcomes it with such low accounts coming in lately.

Advice to Management

Consider part-time employees until we get the numbers back up. Open the schedule without penalty allow for availability for more volunteers opportunities during slower periods. Or employees approaching their year offer early advancement with good metrics.

5. "Fair place to work"

Former Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to meet people and they promote volunteering.

Cons

Pay is not great, overtime is based on departments

Advice to Management

Work on morale

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - CSR2 in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - CSR2 in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented company will try to accommodate you as much as possible. Great benefits plus additional bonus available. Everyone gets along well.

Cons

It's a great place to work can't think of any just grateful that I'm able to work for a great company .

Advice to Management

Keep caring for your teams!

7. "WF"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, no sales goals

Cons

Bonuses are off customer experience

8. "review"

Former Employee - Mortgage Closer in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Closer in Irving, TX

Pros

-great place to work
    -great benefits

Cons

-no easy to move up in the company

Advice to Management

hire management that knows the job

9. "Branch Manager 3"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

401k match, job security, market presence

Cons

corporate culture, little to no opportunity to innovate and think on your own, messaging about culture constantly contradicts actual decision and actions taken by sr leaders

10. "Loan Recovery Officer aka Collections"

Former Employee - Collector II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Collector II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that I worked with, decent benefits, 401K matching, nice campus in San Antonio, onsite cafeteria and that was about it. I would never work for this company again unless they start by taking an inner look at ethical standards.

Cons

Such an unethical company...makes it hard to win over a customer. I was calling people who've never been late in 20 years while they were in their grace period. I can see how this is off putting to customers. Pay was decent, bonuses were good but that was about it. You are literally micromanaged to death. You are looked at as underachieving if you take an unscheduled break aka if you have to use the bathroom outside of your break times you are a bad employee. Majority of your calls are graded and it's left to interpretation if you did a good job or not. I would consistently get 4 or 5 star calls, but it was a crap shoot on what your grade was. Training was horrible. Instructors were lacking experience in the job so either didn't provide accurate information or flat out told you they didn't know. They also have some new additional training called Customer Interaction Program (CIP). This was an absolute waste of time...they had us dress up in costumes and role play. Somehow this was supposed to help us understand what the customer wants?

Advice to Management

Get rid of CIP training, instead make changes in ethics to enhance the customer experience. The consistent unethical behaviors of this company made me ashamed to work there and was the absolute main reason I chose to leave.

Showing 824 of 17,401 reviews