Wells Fargo Reviews in Valencia, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Business Banking Specialist"

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Business Specialist in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

#1 SBA Lending, Mortgage Lending, $238 billion market capital, biggest bank hands down with 81 lines of business, 4th largest insurance brokerage in the country, merchant services, payroll services, expert Wells Fargo Advising Firm.

Cons

Negative publicity about dishonest sales tactics create a stain on the company, as someone who has worked for Wells Fargo for many years I know that any job can be stressful but honesty is something that cannot be broken without ramifications, in the case of the people who complained about Wells Fargo it caused them to get fired.

Advice to Management

Promote talent.

2. "Foreign currency at Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Valencia, CA

Pros

Great way to get sales and customer experience. The bankers that you work with need your help to meet their numbers so they will help you talk to customers in a way that will make them want to sit down.

Cons

Wells Fargo keeps taking away products for us to get sales credit, but still expects the same numbers to he reached each quarter.

3. "Sales are key"

Current Employee - Teller in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Valencia, CA

Pros

Great benefits even for tellers. Bonuses paid based on how much you contribute. In my branch there are great people - so much so that we often hang out after work just because we all get along. Many customers are fun to see, and there are some perks associated with having small business owners/managers as customers (free food, mostly).

Cons

Obnoxious policies regarding how to greet customers (Say 'Welcome To Wells Fargo! My name is ___. How can I help you today). Saying the same thing gets old after a while. Very stressful at times balancing high sales pressure with "moving the line" when we get busy. Meaningless coaching by the managers regarding sales and customer service ("What product are you going to work on this week? How are you going to change your approach so that you sell a credit card next time?). They have recently started incorporating teller surveys (something brought over from Wachovia) rating you on your interaction with a customer. It's a good idea in theory, allowing you to know how you could improve your customer relationship skills, but in practice it turns in to something that just has to be done. It feels like the managers are just going through the motions, and must find something to cite you on, so they can provide coaching and do their job. It doesn't feel like it's improving my sales or customer service - both of which I am doing well in.

Advice to Management

Many of the new policies feel arbitrary. I would describe it as management for management's sake. These policies might make sense on paper, but they are failing in practice. Provide more freedom in the branch level so that the managers can do what they know works well. Blanket policies stifle initiative and freedom, and will discourage your most qualified employees from staying around to move up in their careers.

4. "Do research before working for this company. Talk to employees that all ready work there"

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Valencia, CA

Pros

The best reasons to work for wells is that they offer a great benefits package and give you training about your 401k. Also they give to tremendous amounts of training if you are going to become a personal banker.

Cons

The sales goals for wells are too high and are not realistic which makes it a high stress level position as a personal banker

Advice to Management

To relate to their employees more and to not present themselves as though they are on a power trip and they at feel that they are superior

Showing 4 of 18,061 reviews