Wells Fargo Reviews in West Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy J. Sloan
Timothy J. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes difficult work life balance" (in 372 reviews)

• "Can be hard to reach sales goals" (in 1273 reviews)

1. "Wells Fargo provides great opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comprehensive mentoring from direct managers and transparency from leadership on strategic direction. Amazing pay and benefits. For those who complain about the company or their position, I encourage you to actively manage your development and career goals. There are literally thousands of active job postings at Wells Fargo.

Cons

The only con would be the high level of government regulation that makes it more difficult for a truly agile approach.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop employees and position your team for success within the changing organization.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

not many growth opportunities are there

"Micro Managed"

Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist IV in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist IV in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A lot of PTO offered which is why they got people to stay,

Cons

No consistency in procedures. Your opinion does not matter.

"Horrible Work Environment"

Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well with good bonus

Cons

Wells Fargo has created an environment of employees who are cold hearted and managers who view the employees as numbers rather than humans.

Advice to Management

My advice would be toward HR to hire supervisors and managers that have actual experience in management. Then from there, training on people skills, empathy, compassion, etc. This company needs to focus on employee retention and keeping their current employees happy rather than firing the highest paid reps just so they can hire on more at a lower pay rate. I know this to be true now as I was temrinated several years ago due to an event that took place over the period of one day and incolved phone issues. Long story short, I recently wrote to WF to explain my situation and that I felt I was terminated unfairly. (At the time of termination i was very young and did not know the correct course of action to follow to voice my side of the story.) Wells Fargo did follow up with me on my letter. They scheduled a phone call with me to discuss my concerns. The indivual who called stated she wanted to ask some clarifying questions in which I was able to voice my side of the story. After everything, she advised she couldn’t do anything for me per the way the termination was recorded by management. I don’t understand why WF wasted their time with this review process if ultimately nothing can be done due to the way things were documented. Obviously the documentation is not going to change after our phone call so I feel it was all a waste of everyone’s time.

Wells Fargo does not have its employee’s best interests set as a priority. Their sole interest lies with how much money they can make and they will do what it takes to make the most even at the cost of their employees. After this recent interaction with them, I’m forced to believe I am blessed to not be eligible for rehire at such a cold and selfish company.

"Mortgage specialist"

Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and hours, great location

Cons

Numbers driven. They don’t take care of their employees or treat their employees as though they’re a valued asset to the company. It’s all strictly numbers

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees

6. "Research Remediation Analyst"

Current Employee - Research/Remediation Analyst in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Research/Remediation Analyst in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty good, hours are normal business hours

Cons

Hard to move up in the same dept

"HPC Specialist"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

The building has big company amenities.

Cons

Making me train my own foreign replacements from India so that they can lay me off. Once India is trained (by us) we're gone.

Advice to Management

Adopt some ethics

8. "Fraud spec"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company,loved working there

Cons

Coworker sometimes don’t work so great

9. "Great Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the opportunities available. My current manager is the best manager I've ever had at any employer. They highly encourage professional development and have helped me hone in on what I'd like my career to look like. I also feel that if you work hard with great quality, you will be recognized for your successes.

Cons

While an entry-level position is easy to snag, it can take some time and dedication to land a higher-up position. There is a lot of competition internally to move up. And they are a company that hires from within, which is great if you already work there but if you want to access a higher-up position directly, it can be challenging. Also, the health insurance is high-deductible.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! I have seen great communication within management but also poor communication. This is likely possible in any company, however.

"Look Elsewhere"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits package is very competitive, they offer 18 days PTO, 2 personal holidays, all national/bank holidays, 16 hours of volunteer service time, and 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave for primary caregivers after the addition to a family, including adoption.

Cons

This company does not care about the financial well being of their employees or customers. All of their calculated moves following the major fiascos in the last 2 years have been to save face for the executives and shareholders. Employees face constant stress due to the quick pace of change rollouts and are not compensated to reflect their hard work. The "culture of caring" and "raise your hand" initiatives are just empty promises to do better while just a ploy to line the pockets of those at the top. There are limited positions for growth and movement which magnifies the feeling of being stuck in a dead end/thankless job. This is not a company to make a career at, though their benefits package is good, there is much to be desired from the mismanagement of this company and its goals.

Advice to Management

Create a culture of caring towards your employees first and foremost, stop expecting that all of the underlings are too ignorant to understand the corporate spin and focus on placing value in the people that work hard and sacrifice time with their families to be there. Make it about more than just a paycheck for the people at the top of the pyramid.

Showing 127 of 20,924 reviews