Wells Fargo Reviews in Worcester, MA | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sloan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be non existent depending on your business line" (in 357 reviews)

• "sales goals were a major part of the job" (in 1254 reviews)

1. "Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Pros

Wells Fargo offers Flexible Hours. There is Unlimited Earning Potential. Wells Fargo has Excellent Training.

Cons

Large Company. Takes Time to get necessary resources

Advice to Management

Have Regional Centers for Advisor Support or Hire more Internal Support in St Louis

2. "Collector 3"

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Westborough, MA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent bonuses, lots of overtime available, fairly flexible hours, decent benefits. The vacation time was good and increased after 1 and 3 years.

Cons

Very metric driven, departments cliquey, little room for growth. Unqualified supervisors who did not have leadership skills. They need more training. The training in general was lackluster.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership classes. Work on developing employees. Be less numbers focused. Develop better training programs for new employees. Promote from within more.

"Great people but lousy company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Company consonantly changed their policies and procedures every other month

4. "Not enough recognition/reward for good work"

Former Employee - Consumer Lending Representative in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Consumer Lending Representative in Westborough, MA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a large company with unlimited resources

Cons

Outdated tech, whomever is better "friends" with the boss gets the most attention to their work

Advice to Management

Look at who is actually generating you income opposed to who you like the most

"An Interesting Experience"

Former Employee - DS Loan Document Specialist in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - DS Loan Document Specialist in Westborough, MA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can gain critical experience and they provide free lunch about once a month, also the benefits (health, dental, etc) are pretty decent. In this specific position, you get some bank holidays off that the rest of the office does not get and there is always overtime available. The office building itself is very nice with a great (but small) cafeteria.

Cons

This company functions differently from any other company I have ever worked for and I was shocked regarding the treatment of employees. Management is often condescending and cruel when you ask for help so I would advise against it. In fact, when asking for help I was shamed and management would often say things that were not professional. I was shocked by some of things said to me and things overheard whilst working for the company. When attempting to talk to upper management about the negative coworkers, I was immediately shot down and there was no actions taken to remedy the situation. I never spoke up after that as they treated me with such disdain for trying to professionally address the situation. This department is always short staffed and they have very strict regulations that are often not covered. They prioritize micromanaging over making sure their employees are up to date on ever changing policy and procedures. Furthermore, the pay was below industry standard and the bonuses were only obtained if audits were passed. This role is not for everyone and wasn't for me.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and try to create a healthy working environment. Rise above the reputation that Wells Fargo has gained these past few months and treat your associates with dignity. Create an environment where you can ask questions with being looked down on and management works with their employees not against them.

Showing 5 of 20,097 reviews