Wells Fargo Reviews in Yorba Linda, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Hard Tiimes"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Yorba Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Yorba Linda, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

High energy, customer centric, and warm atmosphere. They will teach you how to advance in any area of the bank if you ask and are persistent.

Cons

There was some sales pressure, but they are fixing the problem now. As they transition into the, "what is next for Wells Fargo period," there is a lot of murkiness to any career advancement and company policies.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee insight and learn to implement a customer centric business model based on customer, lower level employment, as well as stockholder loyalty.

2. "Not bad not great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits are fantastic, and you gain some special perks from joining the team, also team outings are fun

Cons

difficult managements needs to be sorted out, forcing people to make decisions that would not benefit them is not something that should be tolerated for

Advice to Management

be more service oriented, not just sales, as that is the quickest way to lose even your most valuble and trusted clients

"Customer Sales & Service Representative"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Yorba Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Yorba Linda, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has amazing benefits, a ton of vertical/lateral movement opportunities, and a very fast paced working environment. I've been at a couple very busy branches and it does get stressful. The company seems to be making a lot of changes and moving away from hard sales and more toward servicing our customers ever since the recent articles and lawsuits. You have the support you need when you need it while in the work place. Encouragement is a daily thing, but seems to be necessary considering job duties.

Cons

While Wells Fargo is a great company AND you can find videos of our CEO, Mr. Stumpf, calling us "team members" and not "employees." While that may seem like an honorable gesture, it's a little bit different behind the scenes. It's very normal to be told to taking very contradicting action by management because they seem to have their managers breathing down their neck. Every single customer is different and you NEED to know exactly how to implement the "process" uniquely for every customer. Sales pressure is very high despite the shift toward customer service. I seem to get the smoke and mirror trick with this company where I'm told to do certain things for reasons different than I'm told. They also seem to be cutting bonuses and Wells Fargo employees seem to get paid less than most others in the industry. Emotional dissonance is definitely a word to get familiar with when working at Wells Fargo. You always have to be smiling and energetic...with the constant coaching and sales pressure, it's tough to hold everything together when part of life gets tough. Not so happy with employment right now. You must be a producer to get a promotion. The more money you bring into the company, the more likely you are to get a promotion. I normally wouldn't mind that, but this is a BANK. When did banks become so sales driven?

Advice to Management

Every employee is different. Overwhelming your employees does not create an environment for growth. In fact, it makes it a lot harder to grow. How is your employee supposed to focus on 5 different things every couple days and actually get any better? If your compliments and encouragement isn't genuine, please don't say it...there's nothing worse than trying to encourage somebody with fake sounding compliments when they're not happy with the company.

Showing 3 of 18,088 reviews