Welltower Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 30, 2017

5.0
Tom DeRosa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Forward thinking, publicly traded company with its investors in mind"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Welltower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Welltower is going through some major transitions. Like any organization, some employees meet this with enthusiasm and others will fight it. This company has perhaps overindulged in its employee benefits in the past, and now that they want to tighten the belt back up some still want to ‘biggy’ size. Gluttony comes in many forms and apparently there are still a few people left here with a large appetite for one’s self. Leaning things out and demanding peak performance is what any smart minded business person would do. This company has its investors at the forefront of each decision it makes, rewarding its employees on the results of the effort put forth. If you know you are performing at peak you will embrace the fact that you are among those likeminded and will engage in the vision they are presenting. Welltower is filled with energy and a team that can take it to the next level.

Cons

No con. Work hard, get paid. Performance is key and you are rewarded appropriately.

Advice to Management

Ignore the negative vibe of a few that still live for yesterday. The rest of us see progress and look forward to each tomorrow. To those with the negative outlook: If you have ‘biggy’ sized too long and feel there is not enough left on the plate for you here, I suggest you move on. If you are looking for a rewarding career with an energetic team, I recommend you submit your resume. Not for the sluggish. No free ride here.

"Best leadership, exciting times!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Welltower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have the most talented senior leadership team, that not only knows the business extremely well, they are experts at building strong relationships (they are genuine, down-to-earth lovely people too). They care about the bottom line and want to make sure our shareholders receive the biggest returns on their investments. We partner with the best operators in the best locations. I think the future looks extremely bright for Welltower. We can make a difference in how seniors live out their final years in the best communities and we can make a difference in how healthcare is delivered. Super exciting to be part of HUGE change and vision.

Cons

Employee moral. There seems to be a struggle with the changing of the guard for some employees who have been making tons of money and not producing high quality work. Their attitude is extremely negative and based on fear that their gravy train is coming to an end, which it should if they aren't producing results. I'm completely fine if a decision was made to let me go if it is for the betterment of the company. Welltower doesn't "owe" me anything, I'm grateful to have a job and benefits for as long as I can with them.

Advice to Management

Share more information with employees to help squash the negative vibe that some "team" members spread.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Property Accountant in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Property Accountant in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Welltower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Excellent Company Culture. Great Training.

Cons

I did not experience any

"Quality Company in a Promising Industry"

Current Employee - Investment Analyst in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Investment Analyst in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Welltower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The corporate headquarters is located on a beautiful campus in Toledo, OH. Employees are spoiled with a full time chef and kitchen staff, a plethora of development opportunities, and an excellent wellness program to coincide with the on-campus workout facility. A friendly culture exists which promotes collaboration among Welltower's bright employees.

Cons

Most of the positions require long hours at least at some points during the year. It can be a bit overwhelming because so many ideas and initiatives are flying around. From a career advancement standpoint, sometimes having the right persona or being liked by the right people is rewarded over productivity.

Advice to Management

Management has consistently demonstrated an impressive ability to come up with a strategy that is backed by quality analysis and then stick to that strategy. The company is very image-conscious and that has served them well because the image has been backed by substance. I would remind them to never let style supersede substance, and to always keep a well thought out fundamental strategy at the forefront of their minds. On a similar note, I believe that the hiring process places too much weight on qualitative measures. I'd tell management to avoid hiring the more likable candidate over the more substantive candidate.

"Property manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good secure company. Cares about employees.

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Asset Management Analyst in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Asset Management Analyst in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Welltower full-time

Pros

Great company with very talented employees and leadership. Campus is beyond amazing. Perfectly positioned in a growing industry. Northwest Ohio is a nice friendly place to raise a family.

Cons

Toledo has its rough spots but is growing. Many people live in the nice suburbs such as Slyvania, Maumee, and Perrysburg. Ann Arbor is not that far as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Dynamic, growing company with plenty of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Welltower full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a fast-paced environment with good people that will challenge you. The senior housing and healthcare sectors have favorable demographics for the next 20 - 30 years and the industry is consolidating. Both factors contribute to a quickly growing company with many opportunities.

Cons

Is is a fact-paced environment with good people that will challenge you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at Welltower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you love a challenge, want to grow, work hard, and make a difference. If you want to maintain the status quo or "coast," this is not the place for you. The many people that love it here are too busy to spend a lot of time posting on a public site. No organization is perfect. There is always room for improvement. Rather than complain on a public site, speak up and use your time and energy to make change happen from inside the organization.

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

"Tremendous Opportunity"

I have been working at Welltower full-time

Pros

Challenging work, organization isn't afraid to make bold decisions, one of the most talented teams in Northwest Ohio, great campus

Cons

Rapid growth has led to unstable environment at times which can be difficult for some, challenging work/life balance, leadership in transition

"Fast growing REIT"

Pros

Great company; great benefits. Willing to invest in its employees

Cons

Need to update processes and procedures